Stuck! - How do I put on HEV suit?

B

bcummings

I'm a newbie... I've just met Alyx and Dr. Kleiner and I'm supposed to put on the HEV suit. Can't figure how to do it.

Help!

They should open a door for the HEV suit in the lab.....and its really hard to miss.....if thats not working restart the game

Thanks for responding.

Yes, the door is open and the suit is right in front of me. I just can't figure out how to put in on. All three other characters keep telling me to put in on, but how? Is it supposed to happen automatically?

have you tried simply walking into it? sounds simple...but i can see where you would think you needed to grab it or push a button for it or something

I've tried walking into it, backing into it, jumping, crawling, etc... I've tried every key on the keyboard. I've searched the net for references... nothing. Do I have a glitch with the program?

you should only have to walk into it, try restarting the level.

Frustrating!! I tried restarting the level, and then even restarting the whole program. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Did you type impulse 101 before? If so, the cheat automatically generate a suit for you, so you cannot wear another. Restart the game and don't use cheat (if you did).

Anyway, did you hear Alyx say "I-won't-look"?

Aye, cheating before even getting into the game. Bit of a waste of 30-odd quid no?

When Alyx says "I-won't-look", she is staring at you all the time. My guess is, Alyx is such a slut.

The suit could still be behind the glass doors. If Barney never opened the case, you could open it yourself by pressing the button to the left of the display. Walking into the suit will put it on.

If things still don't work then you either
A) activated cheats for the game (like others are suggesting, probably due to impatience since you haven't recieved a weapon yet), or
B) you have a warez version of Half-Life 2, in which case the game will be glitchy as hell and no fun to play.

yea man, you used cheats to get the guns before game. DONT USE CHEATS UNTILL YOU BEAT THE DAMN GAME! Events like that will be screwed up and you WONT be able to procede if you cheat through the game. Like when Alyx gives you the gravity gun.... OOPS Cant take it because you already got it =p

k? :) restart the chapter and dont cheat :)

Argh, I can't understand why someone would start using cheats on their first run through the game.

For some, no challenge = fun.
Why that is true, I do not know.

Some people hate challenge, they just want to win.:naughty:
I got a friend who never play a game if he can't first find a trainer or cheats.
I remember when he bought Painkiller and could not find cheats he was really upset. He phoned me twice a day during at least two weeks to know if i got some cheats. For those who have played Painkiller, they will know that on easy it's totally easy, but he desperatly needed cheats to finish the fisrt level!!

Dirk Pitt said:
For some, no challenge = fun.
Why that is true, I do not know.

I use cheat when I was young. It is because I fear the enemy will pop out in dark corner. But the recent years since I know how to save-load.

bbson_john said:
I use cheat when I was young. It is because I fear the enemy will pop out in dark corner. But the recent years since I know how to save-load.

What does that have to do with cheating?

Its no fun playing the game with cheats you're first time......you dont get that sense of accomplishment when you beat it

Tyguy said:
What does that have to do with cheating?

Its no fun playing the game with cheats you're first time......you dont get that sense of accomplishment when you beat it

Not now, I don't cheat now.

bbson_john said:

As long as you don't oversave, that's for wimps.

I played Blueshift the first time with godmode, because the elevator fall scared me :(. Three years later I decided to finish it without cheats, and it felt very satisfying.

99.vikram said:
I played Blueshift the first time with godmode, because the elevator fall scared me :(. Three years later I decided to finish it without cheats, and it felt very satisfying.

How come there are three years intervening? You mean not hl: blueshift?

bbson_john said:
How come there are three years intervening? You mean not hl: blueshift?

I kind of forgot about it till I stumbled upon the box while moving to a new house.

99.vikram said:
I kind of forgot about it till I stumbled upon the box while moving to a new house.

I thought blueshift is only out for a year.

EDIT: I dumbassed. I should check out games more frequently, not just sticking on steam. Blueshift is out in about 2001.

bbson_john said:
I thought blueshift is only out for a year.

EDIT: I dumbassed. I should check out games more frequently, not just sticking on steam. Blueshift is out in about 2001.
That late?! I bought the Platinum collection wit blu shift in 2005... or 2004... wait, im not really making much sense... but why do you cheat... dun see no reason...

Azner said:
That late?! I bought the Platinum collection wit blu shift in 2005... or 2004... wait, im not really making much sense... but why do you cheat... dun see no reason...

I didn't cheat.

lol @ cheating to get weapons before you're actually supposed to have any... It'll be funny when he gets to the helicopter on canals.... "OMFG THE HELI SI BROKED! IT TAKES WAI TOO MANY ROKKETS TO KILL!"

Back