Stuck in Railroad Yard

V

Veldy

I am new to Halflife 2, and just started playing it yesterday. But I am already stuck. I just received my suite and then the transport went bad. I found some friends who were raided and I escaped through the roof tops. Now I am stuck in a railroad yard with forcefields at both ends. I simply can not escape it.

Any hints?

Thanks!

This is just after you got the crowbar right?

You can get to the other side of the tracks by smashing a path through the crates inside the train cars.

Paladin said:
You can go through one of the wagons.

I did get through the train car to the other side, but I am still stuck there. Just lots of snipers and roaving bots in the air.

Veldy said:
I did get through the train car to the other side, but I am still stuck there. Just lots of snipers and roaving bots in the air.

Hi Veldy if you are at the area I think you are you have to climb up and get on top of one of the rail cars, you should find a ladder in one of the cars.
Once on top of the car you should be able to see were to go from there. Hope that help you :)

freeman2 said:
Hi Veldy if you are at the area I think you are you have to climb up and get on top of one of the rail cars, you should find a ladder in one of the cars.
Once on top of the car you should be able to see were to go from there. Hope that help you :)

Sorry to keep pressing this. But I have only been able to get into one railroad car and there were only boxes in there, which I broke open and found nothing in. I will look further for a ladder, but I have been struggling with this for hours now and to no avail.

You jump on one of the cars and jump on to the other wall.

PatPwnt said:
You jump on one of the cars and jump on to the other wall.

I have, the there is no "other wall". There is an iron truss going over the cars, but I can't get into it. Everything is too high or too far away.

I am simply frustrated.

In the railroad car you get some boxes from, you can open the other dies by pushing against it, then go through it...
then
find a ladder, walk some cars and espace at the other side of the railroad

Is this the bit when you are getting shot by combine but only have a crowbar? You gotta just run for it, climb up on the red one i think, theres a hole in one of the wagons i think and duck under some...just gotta make your way to the left side of the track.

Sir_Shunt said:
In the railroad car you get some boxes from, you can open the other dies by pushing against it, then go through it...
then
find a ladder, walk some cars and espace at the other side of the railroad

OK, what are dies? How do I push against them? If you are talking about railroad cars, I have not been able to open any of the them, but the one that I was able to pass through to get to the other side. Still, I can get on top of the car, but I can't find a ladder to get high enough or anything like that.

I think I will go buy that spoiler book as this frustration is spoiling the game for me as it stands.

Veldy said:
Sorry to keep pressing this. But I have only been able to get into one railroad car and there were only boxes in there, which I broke open and found nothing in. I will look further for a ladder, but I have been struggling with this for hours now and to no avail.

The car that has the boxes in if I remember is the one you can get out the other side or it is the one with the ladder at one end.

Several play hours ago since I was there so trying to remember, you have got into one of the cars so you are so close to moving on, I know it is frustrating but keep looking. By the way you should also have got hold of a gun by now, will need it soon.

freeman2 said:
The car that has the boxes in if I remember is the one you can get out the other side or it is the one with the ladder at one end.

Several play hours ago since I was there so trying to remember, you have got into one of the cars so you are so close to moving on, I know it is frustrating but keep looking. By the way you should also have got hold of a gun by now, will need it soon.

Well darn. I have only a crowbar, have not been able to get into ANY other car other than the one that I go through [which does NOT have a ladder]. Everybody is giving consistant advice, but I am simply unable to execute it.

Which other car SHOULD I able to get into? And how do I open its door?

Veldy said:
OK, what are dies? How do I push against them? If you are talking about railroad cars, I have not been able to open any of the them, but the one that I was able to pass through to get to the other side. Still, I can get on top of the car, but I can't find a ladder to get high enough or anything like that.

I think I will go buy that spoiler book as this frustration is spoiling the game for me as it stands.

Sorry i meant 'door', there another red door in the other side of the car

Veldy said:
Well darn. I have only a crowbar, have not been able to get into ANY other car other than the one that I go through [which does NOT have a ladder]. Everybody is giving consistant advice, but I am simply unable to execute it.

Which other car SHOULD I able to get into? And how do I open its door?

Crowbar on its own will be no good to you when you do get to move on you need that gun. When I got to this part I had come across some police (combine) beating up a guy in a long hallway, a lady calls for help. Beat the hell out of the Police with the crowbar and you then get the gun.

Sorry to be a pain but with out the gun you will have a real problem getting through the next part from where you are now. I am not going to be any help as to where the hallway was, dare I suggest you start the game again as I don't think you can get back to it.

jsut a moment . u only have the crowbar... so I think your at the 1st station. Your start on the "right" side with a train infront. Then you ran through the train with the boxes.Then run along the train and you see on the "left" side 1 or 2 other trains. Run along them ( while being shot from combines..) and you will find, that there is a small way between the 2 trains. It's quite hard to see from far away ( 5 meters are far).

Hope this is the right level.

gl hf

Sconkel said:
jsut a moment . u only have the crowbar... so I think your at the 1st station. Your start on the "right" side with a train infront. Then you ran through the train with the boxes.Then run along the train and you see on the "left" side 1 or 2 other trains. Run along them ( while being shot from combines..) and you will find, that there is a small way between the 2 trains. It's quite hard to see from far away ( 5 meters are far).

Hope this is the right level.

gl hf

Thanks .. but I don't think we are talking about the same location. Any gaps have a mesh fence and are too narrow for me anyway. There are simply no gaps in the wall. I am convinced that I somehow escape from the top of the train, but I can not do so. No gun anyway.

f5 is for screenshots, they get saved in the SteamApps\accountname\half-life 2\hl2\screenshots folder

SoluceTrainStation.jpg

Arnauld said:
If you can not do it with this, just go play PacMan (kidding)

Thanks! :) I used to love Pac Man .. played it up at the Tom Thumb six blocks away when I was 12 years old!

Image 5 and 6. in fact you have to take the little metal scale to get into the wagon

Back