Student Taserd for not having ID

Soon they'll be using flamethrowers on people for not having ID chips imbedded in their bodies.

:O

He deserved it, you can clearly hear him shouting and acting offensive before the big scream when he got taserd.

He deserved it, you can clearly hear him shouting and acting offensive before the big scream when he got taserd.

Whatever the case me be in regards to that, their behavior towards the rest of the students is unwarranted... Threatening to taser for asking them their badge ID and stuff? They need to be penalized, possibly fired.

The title of this thread is misleading. The student did not get tasered because he did not show his ID. He got tasered because he refused to follow the cops' instructions to leave the premises. He was loud and belligerent, disturbing the peace of that library. He deserved to get tasered.

Tasering people is a way to stun victims rather than get them to move out the way. Didn't see the cops negotiate with him at all, just looked like yelling and force.

Show your ID, is it that hard? Stand up, is it that hard?

"Patriot Act". lol

You ****ing moron. You use a taser in the event of a present physical threat, not because a student is a loudmouth. You don't use a taser as an incentive for somebody to get up when the entire purpose of such a device is incapacitation. You don't use it on somebody when they're already handcuffed and immobile.

I saw at least three physically-capable officers on that video and it would have been easy enough to drag him out. At no point was a tasing required, let alone three. And if it's true that they also threatened force against people asking for their badge IDs, then they should go on a long suspension or be fired. Professions enabling the use of weapons should have little tolerance for this kind of batshit incompetence.

The title of this thread is misleading. The student did not get tasered because he did not show his ID. He got tasered because he refused to follow the cops' instructions to leave the premises. He was loud and belligerent, disturbing the peace of that library. He deserved to get tasered.

You can join the retard boat with Gray Fox too.

Article says he was already walking out of the library when the cops decided to accost him.

You ****ing moron. You use a taser in the event of a present physical threat, not because a student is a loudmouth. You don't use a taser as an incentive for somebody to get up when the entire purpose of such a device is incapacitation. You don't use it on somebody when they're already handcuffed and immobile.

I saw at least three physically-capable officers on that video and it would have been easy enough to drag him out. At no point was a tasing required, let alone three. And if it's true that they also threatened force against people asking for their badge IDs, then they should go on a long suspension or be fired. Professions enabling the use of weapons should have little tolerance for this kind of batshit incompetence.

You can join the retard boat with Gray Fox too.

Article says he was already walking out of the library when the cops decided to accost him.

Verbal offense is usually a prelude to physical violence, the officers could have very well felt threatened and thats reason enough to use the taser.
As far as tasering people who asked for their badge number, that is indeed inappropriate if is true, but we have not heard from the officers, maybe the other student were getting to close, they might have made them feel threatened.

But more important, you have a second account and your nothing more then a trolling dipshit, basically your whole existence on this message board is characterized by verbal attacks on other members, why are you not banned yet?

Ah yes, the wonders of youtube and internet. Fight the fascism! The government should be afraid of the people!

Hmm, I got a bit carried away there. But I agree with everyone else that said that tasing the dude was uncalled for.

Verbal offense is usually a prelude to physical violence, the officers could have very well felt threatened and thats reason enough to use the taser.

verbal abuse isnt enough, unless he is making physical threats which I dont think this guy was ..especially since he was walking away from the guys with badges

and were these guys police officers or "rent-a-cop" security guards who didnt make it on the force?

To be fair we only hear the students side. In the beggining he did sound hostile and wasn't listening to the cops. As far as I know you need IDs to use the comps. He probally went right to a comp and refused ID so they called the cops and he then refused to move or do anything and it escalated from there.

If that wasn't the case and he was peacefully leaving and they tasered him for fun, then this really is horrible.

yes but cops take a course called crisis prevention/intervention (well at least in canada they do) and it trains you on how to defuse a situation without using force ...seems to me that this guy wasnt a threat

i truely hope some of you never get into a position of authority ..since when is physical violence justified during a verbal exchange? Enema I'm looking at you

ditto.

I finished watching it.That guy was a dick.

I think If I was taserd I wouldn't be keeping quiet about it. He was only being loud, not offensive in any way. Those tasers pack a nice punch, so falling on the floor isn't uncommon.

I would get up If I was told by an Officer.Then he wouldn't have been tasered.

Those mother****ers. They should all get tasered in the balls for this.

Hahah thank god people like you have no saying what so ever.

I would get up If I was told by an Officer.Then he wouldn't have been tasered.

The video doesn't show that he is on the floor, you don't see him. He could be and probably is stood up...

All you hear is:
> Student shouting "Get off me"
> Screams from Student getting Taserd
> Cops telling him to get up

Sounds like he only fell down from the stun of the Taser... why would you be on the floor in a Library in the first place? :|

Wikipedia said:
Electroshock guns are generally used for self-defense, or by law enforcement to subdue, for example, an out-of-control prisoner.

You don't yell at a cop, inside a library, create a scene, and expect to get away with it. You don't go to a school library and expect to be allowed to use a computer without having an ID on you, even if you are student at that school. If the guy lost his ID he should have requested a new one, or gone back to his dorm to get it if he left it there.

If you don't respect a cop that's what happens to you. I'd like to know what would happen to me if I talked to a cop in that tone of voice after I got caught doing something I shouldn't be doing.

if you are mouthing off to a cop, creating a scene, and refusing to follow instructions, expect consequences.

Its that simple.

You're an idiot. You're saying that because somebody's being a loudmouth, they might try to take on three police officers that should be entirely capable of handling the situation without the use of a cattle prod.

Damn, I guess I better watch my back next time I raise my voice at somebody. Because in your ****ed up, upside-down, bullshit word of stupidity, that can be reasonable grounds for an assbeating.

As far as tasering people who asked for their badge number, that is indeed inappropriate if is true, but we have not heard from the officers, maybe the other student were getting to close, they might have made them feel threatened.

These aren't little girls, Gray Fox. They are officers of the law. If they can't keep a level head and feel the need to tase people because there MIGHT be a threat, they don't deserve their badges.

But more important, you have a second account and your nothing more then a trolling dipshit, basically your whole existence on this message board is characterized by verbal attacks on other members, why are you not banned yet?

My good looks and my winning smile. You don't want me to insult you? Don't say balls-out retarded shit. You still have yet to defend the officers' decision to tase him three times. Tell me, was he a threat as a handcuffed, motionless lump on the floor? Or has it dawned on you that pumping electricity into somebody whose sole crime was being a loudmouth is kind of downright, ****ing deplorable?

Jackass.

ditto.

I finished watching it.That guy was a dick.

The retard boat is getting pretty full. You might just have to drown yourself instead along with Flyingdebris and other idiots who equate obnoxious students to out-of-control prisoners.

Hey, where's Numbers? Shouldn't he be in here already, masturbating over the use of excessive force before going into a rant about communists?

*spludge*

That's the sound of Numbers ejaculating.

EDIT: Whehehe Absinthe, thought the same thing as you :)

You're an idiot. You're saying that because somebody's being a loudmouth, they might try to take on three police officers that should be entirely capable of handling the situation without the use of a cattle prod.

Damn, I guess I better watch my back next time I raise my voice at somebody. Because in your ****ed up, upside-down, bullshit word of stupidity, that can be reasonable grounds for an assbeating.

These aren't little girls, Gray Fox. They are officers of the law. If they can't keep a level head and feel the need to tase people because there MIGHT be a threat, they don't deserve their badges.

My good looks and my winning smile. You don't want me to insult you? Don't say balls-out retarded shit. You still have yet to defend the officers' decision to tase him three times. Tell me, was he a threat as a handcuffed, motionless lump on the floor? Or has it dawned on you that pumping electricity into somebody whose sole crime was being a loudmouth is kind of downright, ****ing deplorable?

Jackass.

The retard boat is getting pretty full. You might just have to drown yourself instead along with Flyingdebris and other idiots who equate obnoxious students to out-of-control prisoners.

OH LOOK AT ME I"M ACTING ALL TOUGH ON A GAMING FORUM

OH LOOK AT ME I"M ACTING ALL TOUGH ON A GAMING FORUM

Oh no! What are you going to do about it? Tase me? After all, you're training for the luxurious profession of a "Custody Assistant", so you might as well get to practicing!

I'd imagine that in addition to telling the cops not to touch him he also resisted being carried out of the library. That's why he was tasered. Did you expect the cops to beg him to get out of the library?

Even if he was physically resisting the officers, there was no need for the tasers. He was exiting the library any way.

What part of this do you not understand?

3 Officers + 1 Unarmed Student =/= Hostile Situation

Ignoring all the potential ways in which they could have non-violently defused the situation, THREE OFFICERS should have been more than capable of taking him out of the building without the use of a weapon.

I love the way you tits conveniently ignore the fact that he was tased repeatedly. You jibber jabber on about respecting the officers, but you keep your traps shut when it comes to the clear abuse of authority. Maybe because you recognize that ****ing disconnect in your arguments.

i think it was uncalled for purely on the basis of the reaction of the other students and staff, that asked for the badge numbers if he actually posed a threat to the students or the officers the rest of them would have complied instead of trying to note down information and trying to reason with the officers. but the nature of the media makes it really hard to draw any real conclusions however the article which im sure everyone read states that he was on his way out by the time the cops entered the library.
heres an interesting note
"As the student and the officers were struggling, bystanders repeatedly asked the police officers to stop, and at one point officers told the gathered crowd to stand back and threatened to use a Taser on anyone who got too close.

Laila Gordy, a fourth-year economics student who was present in the library during the incident, said police officers threatened to shoot her with a Taser when she asked an officer for his name and his badge number. "

so apparently being a concerned citizen/student is grounds for being Tasered. i understand that verbal abuse can be viewed as a prelude to actual physical action but with 3 armed officers i think just threatening him with the taser would have sufficed.

I don't see how you can say he deserved it becuase:

He was being abusive to the officers
He did not show Respect to the men of law

So you are saying, in effect, not only is corperal punishment okay, but it is okar for police to dispence justice right at the scene. The cops in question are like the Judges from Judge Dredd.

Is that what you want? A supreme elite force with the power to dispence both Justice and Punishement, the police Jury and executioner all in one?
They were the Judges.

???

Back