Suggestions for a game for my gf?

Sharing your hobby with your girlfriend is a bad idea. She will make you sit still next to her while she watches endless soaps on tv as a 'compromise' and then when you split up she will launch your beloved PC/Console onto the lawn from a window of suitable height as to gain enough velocity to half bury it.

Trust me, I know.
Rofl :D

I'm just trying it out, it's not like I'm forcing her to shut up and play :O

I still think find the penis is the greatest game ever. Especially if done by surprise.
"Quick! Find the penis!"
"It's in my face?"
"YOU WIN!"

super mario world (you can find plenty of roms on the net) or maybe civilization 4.
It's hard without some kind of hint about her personality. Is she concentrated? Does she have patience? Does she prefer to play for 20-30mins and leave it at that? Or would a 5-20 hour game be more like it?

Dabble about for 20-30 mins would be a better description :p

ELITE BEAT AGENTS!

It will require a DS though.

BUT IT'S WORTH ITTTTTtTTTtTTT!!!!!

if she doesn't like computer games she never will. but if it helps my girlfriend likes new super mario bros. sonic one (virtual console) and wii sports. definately sports the most, she's very very competitive. she hits me when she loses. it hurts.

i've got the same exact problem! tried anything

the only thing that got her into for a while was

Collin Mcrae Rally
The Sims
Revolt

you need good graphics because they don't really bother about substance.

i tried settlers, halflife, system shock 2, oblivion, morrowind, avp,...nothing worked, she started complaining about the game even in the menus let alone in the game itself.

if you want a gaming buddy and a partner.....you're better off being gay!

edit: even tried civilization, starcraft, total annihilation,...she did not even blink!

i'd kill for a good TA match!!!!!

I played the Psychonauts demo off of steam, and it seems like it would be very accessible to someone who doesn't play games. Good voice acting, interesting characters, and simple gameplay. I'll even probably get it at a later date.

this thread is pretty dumb imo. if she likes games she likes games, if she doesn't she never will. and why do you spend so much time trying to get her to play games? you do realize there are better things boys and girls can do together right?

I played the Psychonauts demo off of steam, and it seems like it would be very accessible to someone who doesn't play games. Good voice acting, interesting characters, and simple gameplay. I'll even probably get it at a later date.

It's better for console due to the gamepad nature of the control scheme. Keyboard and mouse isn't all that good for (3d) Platformers.

Brilliant game though.

Back