Surprise! Portal 2 Coming to Playstation 3

Right...like The Purple Box lol?
Did you understand the purpose of the Purple Box? It was for people like you. Let me quote you two parts of that news post and leave you to work it out.
We've been contacted by an anonymous source with the following screen shot which looks to be from Valve's website. We thought even without a source we'd post any image we received. They are probably real.
So far a fan on our facebook page who went to school with a girl who married a guy whose uncle works for a fellow who once washed Gabe Newell's car, has said "This is Valve's big secret".

Gabe Newell said:
Sony Computer Entertainment worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers.

Steamworks coming to PS3? Great surprise, fat boy. Now any chance you can get your guys to work extremely hard & get some s**t finished for us punters?!

What a lame surprise. Valve should take a page out of Blizzards notes.

<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUXoekeDIW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUXoekeDIW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>

Best surprise/reaction ever, oh well. Was fun last week anyway.

You'd rather they make a CGI trailer to appease you than do something of actual value like bring their games to an entirely new platform and reveal Portal 2?

Wait, what? I'm pretty sure a Portal 2-based CGI trailer would be the raddest thing ever. At this point you're trying to convince a group of people who don't give a shit about the PS3 that this surprise was better than a really rad trailer. C'mon, guy, your fanboyism fell out and it's all over the floor. Cover it up, it's embarrassing.

The disappointment, for me, comes from Valve's history of really excellent surprises. Since we already knew Portal 2 would be on the PS3 (like every other Valve game to date), the surprise is that Steamworks is on the PS3. That isn't a really great surprise to a bunch of avid PC gamers with high expectations.

Portal 2 looks like loads of fun though.

a) You realize a CGI trailer would show nothing of the game and ultimately be pointless right? Not to mention that you've already gotten a real trailer accompanied by about ten minutes of new footage. Maybe if they'd said "Here's the surprise!" just before they showed them it would be the raddest thing ever.

b) It doesn't really matter how much you or I care. It's the importance of the action itself, which will bring in and provide support to a whole new demographic.

c) Valve has said they won't be bringing games to the PS3 since the Orange Box and since then they've stayed true to their word since both L4D and L4D2 didn't.

Have you invested in Valve stock or something?

I don't care about their demographics, nor of the supposed pointlessness of an imaginary rad CGI trailer. The TF2 "Meet the..." videos are just as pointless, but also totally awesome and hilarious. The same treatment for Portal 2 would be rad.

I didn't know they boycotted the PS3, but I still don't care. And yes, it does matter to me how much I care.

The settings for Portal 2 are amazing, some of the gameplay and puzzle set-pieces really do look look fun (whether or not it feels fun will be an something altogether) and I've seen they put a huge amount of effort into making it look dilapidated. What I do like is that foliage actually looks like foliage this time round. If you fire up HL2 and see how terrible the trees look you'll will know what I mean.
Still not sure about the personality core though, maybe because you can't hear its true sound through the shaky cam vids. But yeah, I can see I would of had fun with this game if it had been released this year.

I do have high hopes Ep3 having the same amount of detail once it is finished.

Have they updated the Lighting and Shadow system

I do understand that you guys are a bit bummed out that the 'surprise' was only a PS3 announcement, I honestly am to disappointed that this was all the surprise would be. But let's look at it another way. With a PS3 release, more people will get access to Valve's great titles and also bring in more potential customers, Valve will make more money with more sales, and they can use the extra money to make more great games and DLC. So I think it's a win-win situation.

.......why am I seeing you guys raising rotten vegetables and aiming them towards me?

Have you invested in Valve stock or something?

I don't care about their demographics, nor of the supposed pointlessness of an imaginary rad CGI trailer. The TF2 "Meet the..." videos are just as pointless, but also totally awesome and hilarious. The same treatment for Portal 2 would be rad.

I didn't know they boycotted the PS3, but I still don't care. And yes, it does matter to me how much I care.

Well when all of this is said all I see is you feeling disappointed over the fact that the surprise wasn't catered towards PC players. Which is fine, I can see where you're coming from. Most of the disappointment can be traced back to dumb fans but Valve truly should've played their cards differently when teasing the thing. However what's been shown has been great and far more than I expected. I don't see a 'Meet the' style vid could work with Portal, but surely you can see how moving the game to an entirely new platform is a far bigger deal?

You'd rather they make a CGI trailer to appease you than do something of actual value like bring their games to an entirely new platform and reveal Portal 2?
they revealed portal 2 weeks ago..
valve has already had games on the PS3..

We'd seen no trailer or footage of it at all..
And then they made two games which didn't come out on PS3 after saying they were done with the console..

If you have a real point to make, make it. I've already responded to others about what you're saying now.

See, terrible responses like that ruin Australia.

Your responses were worse then mine. You existing alone, ruins Australia.

Stop being so butthurt about how butthurt you are, bro.

It's almost as lame as Dog--

tracygrimshawstory.jpg

Preeeetty much.

/edit did none of you idiots realise that they cancelled their main surprise event and that this was their lower scale surprise?

With a PS3 release, more people will get access to Valve's great titles and also bring in more potential customers, Valve will make more money with more sales, and they can use the extra money to make more great games and DLC. So I think it's a win-win situation.

.......why am I seeing you guys raising rotten vegetables and aiming them towards me?
Because if we thought Valve making more money from more people would mean they would get their fingers out & actually release something then we'd all start just sending them money!! Now, get ready to duck vegetable boy!! :E

Fell in love with the orange box on PS3 despite it being the "inferior" version and one of my favourite games of all time so I was gutted that Portal 2 was not announced for PS3 but when portal 2 was announced at this conference I was ecstatic knowing that future valve games would be on the PS3.

I would love to have played these games on the PC but my computer is not good enough so this is really the next best option for me.

This thread title... It's mocking those who where expecting something more. And if you think im butthurt it's becouse I am. Suppository pills mother ****ers. Feels good man.

Back