"Swine Flu" appears, quickly spreads to US.

I thought kat was caged in the politics forum... god damn.

I'll actually believe what he's saying over what my crazy ass/backwards gov't has been telling me since i was born. especially when a president after just being in for 100 days goes against everything he said he wouldn't do during the campaign. does everyone also forget that the Bush Cabinet were almost on a Nuremberg type trial for torture cases during the Bush Jr Years?? This was just a few weeks ago and everything has been forgotten about

Welcome to the real world of politics ;)

dsc00042z.jpg

My school just got its first confirmed case of swine flu! Not shutting down though.

Yet you didn't take into account that bird flu had over 60% mortality rate and that's even with most patients receiving proper medical care. But you get the sniffles and that's what it must be, no worries.
I was extremely ill, and I didn't have the sniffles you god damn idiot.

And. Like I said, my suspicions were entirely based on evidence.

OT: The first American has died from swine flu. I just heard on the news

Had a bunch of potted plants outside that somebody stole. I hope that person dies of swine flu. Seriously.

she had a pre-existing condition which was breathing problems. she lived near the border so i'm not worried

I was running the dishes so I didn't really hear the whole thing, sorry.

dfc05 said:
Had a bunch of potted plants outside that somebody stole. I hope that person dies of swine flu. Seriously.

If you're me, you put some long gloves on, and pot some poison ivy or other poisonous plants and set them out there as soon as possible.

The first death in America was a Mexican kid over for a visit, that doesn't count they aren't real people like Americans are. Yesterday was the first death of a US resident.

The first death in America was a Mexican kid over for a visit, that doesn't count they aren't real people like Americans are. Yesterday was the first death of a US resident.

only USA residents count! just like you'll hear about a terrorist bomb exploding in Baghdad; "3 Americans died today as well as 37 other people"

Big deal, about 80 Canadians died from the SARS outbreak.

Big deal, about 80 Canadian Citizens from the land up north and a few Singaporeans died from the SARS outbreak.

Still no reason to get nervous really.

"A move to level 6 is not a verdict on the severity of the virus," she said. "It simply means that the extent of global spread now fulfills the definition of a pandemic."

Quote, 'Swine Flu A Hoax, But Martial Law All Too Real

As officials all but guarantee deadlier form of H1N1 will return later this year, draconian response measures have been established with the aid of deceptive scaremongering and hype

Paul Joseph Watson
Propaganda Matrix
Monday, May 4, 2009

The H1N1 virus itself has claimed less lives than a normal flu outbreak would be expected to kill, but the architecture of martial law in the form of draconian measures readied to combat a pandemic has been firmly locked into place.

Health authorities are now toning down their apocalyptic predictions of a swine flu pandemic, after the virus proved to be milder than originally feared, but officials are warning that a deadlier form of the illness could return in autumn or winter.

In addition, the Department of Homeland Security has established an outline
<http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/28/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4975598.shtml> of how BATF, FBI, and U.S. Marshals will be called upon to impose mandatory quarantines in the event of a widespread swine flu outbreak in the U.S. Under executive order 13375, if citizens attempt to free themselves from "involuntary isolation" they will be subject to a $250,000 fine and one year in jail.

The swine flu virus has proven less deadly than the common cold in Britain and the U.S., yet the media is still awash with stories about school closures, cancelled events and every little detail about each individual case. Why is this still even in the news? Would it normally be a major national news story if you got the sniffles? The swine flu hoax has been a perfect beta-test for how the media will hype doomsday scenarios when the next pandemic occurs.

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/may2009/050409_martial_law.htm

Quote, 'Swine Flu A Hoax, But Martial Law All Too Real

As officials all but guarantee deadlier form of H1N1 will return later this year, draconian response measures have been established with the aid of deceptive scaremongering and hype

Paul Joseph Watson
Propaganda Matrix
Monday, May 4, 2009

The H1N1 virus itself has claimed less lives than a normal flu outbreak would be expected to kill, but the architecture of martial law in the form of draconian measures readied to combat a pandemic has been firmly locked into place.

Health authorities are now toning down their apocalyptic predictions of a swine flu pandemic, after the virus proved to be milder than originally feared, but officials are warning that a deadlier form of the illness could return in autumn or winter.

In addition, the Department of Homeland Security has established an outline
<http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/28/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4975598.shtml> of how BATF, FBI, and U.S. Marshals will be called upon to impose mandatory quarantines in the event of a widespread swine flu outbreak in the U.S. Under executive order 13375, if citizens attempt to free themselves from "involuntary isolation" they will be subject to a $250,000 fine and one year in jail.

The swine flu virus has proven less deadly than the common cold in Britain and the U.S., yet the media is still awash with stories about school closures, cancelled events and every little detail about each individual case. Why is this still even in the news? Would it normally be a major national news story if you got the sniffles? The swine flu hoax has been a perfect beta-test for how the media will hype doomsday scenarios when the next pandemic occurs.

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/may2009/050409_martial_law.htm

I totally agree with you on this subject. Cancer, car crashes/drunk driving and identity theft are far greater problems that need addressing than some small flu problem. i also hate when the news reports on these stupid one person cases like 1 missing child or a on-the-run fugitive than dealing with whats important. I have been watching less and less news and my life is more amazing and bright

I totally agree with you on this subject. Cancer, car crashes/drunk driving and identity theft are far greater problems that need addressing than some small flu problem. i also hate when the news reports on these stupid one person cases like 1 missing child or a on-the-run fugitive than dealing with whats important. I have been watching less and less news and my life is more amazing and bright

Careful. Kathaksung is wary of people who agree with him.

He's afraid they're carrying paper cups with pills with them.

Careful. Kathaksung is wary of people who agree with him.

He's afraid they're carrying paper cups with pills with them.
No, I actually agree with Kathaksung on this, and yes my life has been great since I quit watching the news too.
You guys taunt him now, but maybe he really does speak THE TRUTH. :O

Paranoia is merely a heightened sense of awareness imo.
Why the hell did he bother to dig up this old thread though?

No, I actually agree with Kathaksung on this, and yes my life has been great since I quit watching the news too.
You guys taunt him now, but maybe he really does speak THE TRUTH. :O

Paranoia is merely a heightened sense of awareness imo.
Why the hell did he bother to dig up this old thread though?

You clearly haven't been here long. Kathaksung is our resident conspiracy theorist. You'd be hard pressed to find a single post of his that isnt about how the government is lying to us and manipulating our every move. He shows up from time to time, bumping old threads with his new theory that he probably got from the internet, or made up with his own, likely unmediated, paranoid mind.

Swine flu made a great news story, thats why the media ran with it for so long, fear mongering the populace into thinking its a big deal. But its the media, not the government doing that. The only reason, is money, not some insidious plan to take over the country/world.

You clearly haven't been here long. Kathaksung is our resident conspiracy theorist. You'd be hard pressed to find a single post of his that isnt about how the government is lying to us and manipulating our every move. He shows up from time to time, bumping old threads with his new theory that he probably got from the internet, or made up with his own, likely unmediated, paranoid mind.

Swine flu made a great news story, thats why the media ran with it for so long, fear mongering the populace into thinking its a big deal. But its the media, not the government doing that. The only reason, is money, not some insidious plan to take over the country/world.
Well, let me rephrase.

Yes the media is BS, yes I know who Kathaksung is, no there's no conspiracy theory so, that only makes him half right then.

Back