Tattoo

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I never even thought about it, but I turned 18 like 3 months ago so I can get a tattoo without consent of my parents (they know this, and are ok with me getting tattoo's they just didn't want to be part of it), and I've been thinking of a few, tell me if they are lame/douchy.

(Keep note that Rush means alot to me, so it's not just 'OH I LIEK DIS BAND')

On the back of my left shoulder. (It'd be this but bigger)

s4645r_125.gif

Sheet music across my whole back (a whole song with lyrics), a Rush song obviously, probably Closer to the Heart, Freewill, or Limelight, leaning toward Freewill. (On a side note, who would think the intro to YYZ as an armband would be funny? Just repeating and repeating lol)

angelsweheard_sheetmusic.gif

I don't know where I'd get this, but a friend of mine has the treble (this one actually) and a bass clef on each arm (the side of his bicep facing him, so bass on one side, treble on the other)

treble_clef_tattoo.jpg

This one would go on my back, probably in the centre, just the owl (with finished wings) and Rush and Fly By Night over top of it.

Rush would be spelled in this font:
g8_rush.jpg

Here's the owl and Fly By Night lettering
fly_by_night.jpg

Trying to find some other music ones, because I'm not a fan of getting a tattoo purely for looks, I think they should mean something, too, and other than video games and music I don't have much else in my life :/ (Maybe Dog from the old HL2.net banner? If anyone has it still...)

Get barbed wire on your arm.

Also a dragon.

I knew you'd reply and I knew it'd be somethign stupid and nonconstructive.

Although to be honest, I figured it'd be more direct like 'tattoos are for homos'

Don't get a f***ing treble clef for the love of god.

I'm getting a phoenix tattooed on my upper back.

I honestly will get that.

It goes with my internet persona, as well.

And not to sound gay, but you guys do mean alot, as stated in that other thread I made. It would suck if the site closed down, that'd be a good reminder of good times.

I knew you'd reply and I knew it'd be somethign stupid and nonconstructive.

Although to be honest, I figured it'd be more direct like 'tattoos are for homos'

Dunno how you are going to manage the pain of a tattoo if you can't handle me, big baby!

Anyways, constructive.. awful idea to get a tattoo when you are this age, you'll almost certainly regret it.
I will repeat myself as I did in other tattoo threads, take your picture of what you want and have it hang over your bed for at least a year. Look at the image everyday, because that is what you will be doing for the rest of your life.

I've had plenty of ideas, even the good ones I look back and think "Well, I'm glad I still live with my parents so I didn't get that"

I'll get a <3 ZT on my ass cheek really little.

Dunno how you are going to manage the pain of a tattoo if you can't handle me, big baby!

Anyways, constructive.. awful idea to get a tattoo when you are this age, you'll almost certainly regret it.
I will repeat myself as I did in other tattoo threads, take your picture of what you want and have it hang over your bed for at least a year. Look at the image everyday, because that is what you will be doing for the rest of your life.

I've had plenty of ideas, even the good ones I look back and think "Well, I'm glad I still live with my parents so I didn't get that"

Well, I have sheet music all around my room on the walls and beside my computer, as I post this I'm looking at sheet music, I've been looking at it for well over a year. Same with the starman and treble clef (treble clef goes with sheet music :p). And the Dog.. well I've been here for like 4 years and I visited this site atleast once a day (it's my homepage), so I've been seeing it for 3 years (they had to change the old banner).

I like the very first idea you had. The rest you will regret sorely.

I've always wanted to get a giant dick tatooed to the inside of my thigh, right next to my forreal one, just so I could tell everybody that I have two cocks.

That, or on the inside of your asscheek, right next to the hole, "WTF are YOU looking at?"

I've always wanted to get a giant dick tatooed to the inside of my thigh, right next to my forreal one, just so I could tell everybody that I have two cocks.

That, or on the inside of your asscheek, right next to the hole, "WTF are YOU looking at?"
How about one tattooed right in the middle of your bunghole? Just a suggestion. :|

I thought about a tattoo, but I have no real reason to get one. I don't want anything I might regret later in life. I need a good reason tbh.

Sheet music on the back is an interesting idea.

Not a fan of tattoos personally, though.

whatever you decide... once you settle on a tattoo wait 5 years before you actually get it inked... you'll thank me later

whatever you decide... once you settle on a tattoo wait 5 years before you actually get it inked... you'll thank me later

Sound advice.

I came close to getting various tattoos in my teens/early 20s and thank **** I didn't. What seems cool now probably won't in later life. Having said that, I kind of regret not getting the Super Famicom logo I was inches away from getting at uni:

190px-Super_Famicom_logo.svg.png

Saving that one for the midlife crisis at 40 /o\

I've just booked an appointment to have this done on my right forearm:

rightarmtat3c_colour_small.jpg

I can see a little robot waving his arms in the middle of it :)

I like - what is it?

Kind of, yes. More like a stylised solar system. The "sun" represents my parents, the "planets" are my brother and myself, and the "moons" are our respective children.

Eeeww Barbed wire on your arm is one the worst tattoos you can get
Its as cool as a tribal tattoo

No way, barbed wire tats are amesome bro, they show how tough you are.

I have barbed wire tats on me for my arms, legs, and neck, when I take off my clothes at the beach I look awesome and all the women stare.

Kind of, yes. More like a stylised solar system. The "sun" represents my parents, the "planets" are my brother and myself, and the "moons" are our respective children.
That's pretty damn cool. Just don't forget to keep it updated whenever a new kid comes along.

t'other one, boi

Yeah, I KNOW okay.
I actually always thought it was "ferment" (Well the two words are related)

I thought it was a play on the process of fermentation.

My friend has sheet music weaving around his left shoulder/elbow, I think it might be Mozart or something that meant alot to him as a kid. I don't like it personally, or would never get something akin to that, but for what it is it looks quite nice.

I don't like that treble but that's only because it's quite tribal in appearance and man, I hate that tribal shit. That's just me, of course. :) If you're happy with them, go for them. I'm getting some writing down on my left forearm (inner) next month when I've a bit of cash. Not my lyrics, but my own arrangment.

Spoilered for size.

yet_under_sketch.jpg

After that I'm designing my own sleeve similar to a illustration project that I'm working on at the moment. Nothing too set in stone yet and the project is a series of 50 drawings so it's pick and choose at the moment, but I'm pretty set on developing these two into something more (and larger, obviously)

distilling_sketch_1.jpg
afraid_of_sketch.jpg

Illustrator is being a little bitch but you get the idea.

That first one of your designs will look awful when it starts to spread after a couple of years. Fine lines/small objects always bleed together.

Yeah, I had considered that. That design there has come out pretty badly in the scan/Illustrator document, and is at the moment only on A5 card which is what my project is set upon. If I was going to go through with it seriously, I'd be laying out the lines much more apart from each other on a much larger scale. For now, the general aesthetic of the idea is something I'm quite attached to but you're right, potentially could come out pretty bad in a few years. I'm still going at it.

Another design I was thinking about from Manatees' latest release Icarus, the Sunclimber by guitarist/vocalist Alex Macarte.

FeathersScan2photocopycopy.jpg

I have considered these two for a long time.

With the individual images running vertical down my forearm-

And this near the lower left side of my neck

The latter means way more to me however.
Obviously both the images are poor quality.

Anyways, I would never get them until I was sure I had a career that would allow them (unlikely)

Back