Team Fortress 2 Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Valve just released a new Team Fortress 2 update which includes :
  • Fixed problems with 3d sound in surround mode for some Audigy X-Fi users
  • Medigun no longer continues to heal enemy Spies who have lost their disguise
  • Fixed a weapon switching exploit that allowed Snipers to fire slightly faster than intended
  • Tweaked shadow filtering to make shadows look more smooth
  • Fixed Server Plugin "StartQueryCVarValue" falsely returning CvarNotFound for cvars that did exist
  • Fixed crash in HTML control in IE7 on page load, most often seen in the server Message of the Day
  • Fixed small memory leak in HTML controller
  • Made HTML output more compatible with new XHTML document styles
  • Fixed physics crash involving bad ragdoll friction values
  • Fixed detail sprite fading
  • Added anti-bunny hopping code
Restart Steam to update your TF2.

It did downloaded an update but when I press "update news" it shows that Oct.9th is the latest .. why ?

Still waiting for soldier ****ing nerfing,the class is way overpowered.
Demoman isn't hard at all now..I kill easily with sticky bombs and the normal ones too..

His sticky bombs are alright...but his primary grenades become useless once as soon as they hit a surface, which defeats the whole purpose of an indirect fire class. They need a major damage upgrade, I stood right on top of one as it exploded and lost less than 1/4 of my health. Either that or increase the splash damage range, as that would at least make the nades good for "softening up" enemy forces without massacring them.

Not sure I like the sound of that - I'll have to see how it plays.
From what I can see bhopping (the HL2 way, not the ubar-hard HL1 way) did kinda work but the speed bonus was minimal. Unless there's another way I was missing.

It shouldn't make a major difference.

Fixed physics crash involving bad ragdoll friction values
'

FREAKING FINALLY! I have crashed three times because of that, twice when the train hit me, and it crashes with some ragdoll error message.

The demoman is a defense class and at this point his abilities reflect that. I only play him when my team is playing a obligatory defensive map and when the spy in my team is useless and can't take out the sentry gun.

Not sure I like the sound of that - I'll have to see how it plays.

I've never seen anyone bunny hopping in TF2. :/
You can bunnyhop...
From what I can see bhopping (the HL2 way, not the ubar-hard HL1 way) did kinda work but the speed bonus was minimal. Unless there's another way I was missing.

It shouldn't make a major difference.
You can get a major huge speed increase with the demo sticky bomb jump...getting mass speed and maintaining it by bunnyhopping.
Noooo my bunny hop, my precious bunny hop!

It still works blackparty ;)

You can bunnyhop...

You can get a major huge speed increase with the demo sticky bomb jump...getting mass speed and maintaining it by bunnyhopping.

Not anymore muahahahaahah

Pitz taught me how to pipebomb jump... we can still do that, right?

Yaaaaay!
Now I can still jump on top of buildings and rain hell on the noobish snipers!
yayayayaya
demo ftw

My FPS has been reduced slightly and all the servers I've been on with more then four players have been horribly laggy and unplayable. :(

Ping is higher, fps is lower, and I cant see the status of the intel/cp any more. So far I'm not digging the new update.

I've never seen anyone bunny hopping in TF2. :/

Me neither... but i don't care anyway... not the bunny hopper but in a game like tf2 it doesn't disturb me if others do it... :)

Back