Team Fortress 2 Update "Robotic Boogaloo" Now Live

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
After nearly half a year without a major Team Fortress 2 update, Valve have announced "Robotic Boogaloo" - the most recent sizable patch for everyone's favourite war themed hat simulator. The update, which was announced on the Team Fortress blog alongside the release of a brand new short teaser trailer and comic, is being described as "the first entirely community-created update" and includes 57 brand new community developed cosmetic items, many of which are robot themed replicas of existing hats and miscellaneous items. Every element of the update was created by the community before being evaluated and accepted by Valve including the website pages, the teaser trailer, the comic, all artwork and all in-game models. The new items are all available from the RoboCrate, a robot themed crate the community have been collecting en masse since it was added by Valve in late April 2013.

hat-png.24175

The update website uses original community created artwork uploaded to the Steam Artwork section to highlight a series of individual items included with the patch. The update is now available, so head on over to Team Fortress 2 if you feel like checking it out. While you download the update, don't forget to watch the impressive update teaser trailer included on the main announcement page, which was created by community member "MrPopulus89".

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 6,789
  • Hat.PNG
    Hat.PNG
    337 KB · Views: 13,099
Another year of no E3 reveal, but at least we have another TF2 update. I don't know what I would do if Valve didn't update TF2 for the 1000 time, even with the community churning out steam workshop content regularly.

I love how insulting the comic is.

Is Valve literally trolling us with this update?
New maps? Yawn. New weapons? BORING. We know what the community really wants: hats.
We bring you 57, yes, 57 BRAND NEW and completely notbootlegged items, blazing the trail for the future of cutting edge headware technology.

more evidence that valve outsources development work and update duties and just oversees operations like Breen did.

oh valve, you keep jumping the shark...and the fonz keeps rolling in his grave.

Back