Teen who ran away from home because of CoD4 found dead

They have every right to. Sounds like he did need a break from it.

kid's a ****ing idiot and im gonna leave it at that.

harsh, but true.

Parents are ****ing idiots and im gonna leave it at that.

harsh, but true.

Fixed to reflect my opinion.

When I take away my kids puter, I always give him the option to earn it back early upon completion of agreed upon tasks for me.

Also, having ran away @ the same age of this kid, I would have been determined to piss my parents off worse had they actually helped me pack to leave. No one knows what went through his mind when Dad appeared to not give a $hit if he left.

The kid throws a tantrum and dies... and the parents are idiots?

No one knows what went through his mind when Dad appeared to not give a $hit if he left.
Maybe his dad was secretly playing for the other team on HIS X-Box. He was tired of his son calling in the chopper and plotted to get rid of him in a way that would never lead back to him.

Also, your text is burning my eyes with the blue forum style.

If its suicide, I dunno why your feeling sorry for the kid.
He did it himself, it was his choice, not somebody else's.

His damn'd parents shouldn't have taken his games away.

It was an addiction, it was probably for his own good. If he continued he would have trouble coping with social issues etc. in later life.

anyone seen the recent facebook raidings /b/ has done to this guy and all the memorial pages? I cant help but laugh at all the normal people that continues to feed the trolls hahahha

Raids are as dumb as that kid was.

Anyone who thinks the parents are at fault for this because they took away his games should be shot. They may be at fault for other things, like raising an over-reacting child, but not for taking away his games. That part was good parenting.

anyone seen the recent facebook raidings /b/ has done to this guy and all the memorial pages? I cant help but laugh at all the normal people that continues to feed the trolls hahahha
Aren't you like 14? Get off 4chan.

Wow.

This is very tragic.

Kid might be an idiot, but so is everyone at around that age.

How did he die exactly?

Then some other guy got on and they that slowy pushed him off like when two entities are together

parents are blaming his addiction to video games for his death ..have started a charity to help underprivledged kids play sports ..in interviews father says parents should watch signs of their kids being addicted to video games ..while this was a series of unfortunate events they cant blame video games in general for this. Oh and CoD4 is rated M ofr Mature right? Brandon was 15 ..shouldnt the parents kinda blame themselves for letting their underage child purchase a game that wasnt meant for him?

No one listens to that argument.. ever.. I know, I'm a doctor.

People who are playing on computer for more than 4 hours in a day they are addicted.

parents are blaming his addiction to video games for his death ..have started a charity to help underprivledged kids play sports ..in interviews father says parents should watch signs of their kids being addicted to video games ..while this was a series of unfortunate events they cant blame video games in general for this. Oh and CoD4 is rated M ofr Mature right? Brandon was 15 ..shouldnt the parents kinda blame themselves for letting their underage child purchase a game that wasnt meant for him?

He's not "blaming games" he's saying his son was addicted to games which is true. Parents SHOULD watch for game/net/media addiction. Kids can play games but when it gets to be too much something should be done by the parents.

People can be addicted to media just like drugs. Same reward center impulses. He's not going Jack Thompson on the issue he's just trying to get kids into healthier choices which is in no way a bad thing.

Psychological addiction.

Internet/media addiction is more like meth, less like heroin and other opiates.

The release of endorphins makes video games addicting, but videogames are not on the same level as opiates since its problem solving with a reward and punishment that makes it addicting. At least video games make you use your brain.

The release of endorphins makes video games addicting, but videogames are not on the same level as opiates since its problem solving with a reward and punishment that makes it addicting. At least video games make you use your brain.

This is what I was saying.

It's more like meth, but less like opiates. It's not physically addicting to the body like heroin/opiates, it's psychologically addicting due to the brain's reward centers being activated

Back