TF2 for Mac is Not a Crappy Emulated Version of the Game

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>

[br]Valve have answered some of your basic questions about their recent Steam &amp; Source games for Mac announcement in the latest post on the Official Team Fortress 2 blog.

Q: I own TF2 on the PC. Do I have to buy it again on the Mac?[br]
A: No. If you own TF2 on the PC, you own TF2 on the Mac (and vice versa). You don't have to buy the game twice. In addition, the Steam Cloud will automatically propagate your configuration settings and custom sprays to your Mac for you.[br]

Q: Is it just some crappy emulated version of TF2?[br]
A: No! Also: How dare you! Mac users aren't getting a crappy emulated version of the game. TF2 will run natively on OSX, like an actual big boy game for adults.[br]

Q: Hmm, that all sounds pretty good. But I'll bet I can't play with my friends who own Macs if I'm on my PC[br]
A: Mac and PC users will all play together, on the same servers. We're not creating two separate universes. We're all going to be one big, happy family with guns locked in a bloody, never-ending struggle for cap points.

To anyone who read the update from the blog I have the original copy of the comic cover and I will sell it to you for twenty bucks. Guaranteed to treble in value!

Gross. Apparently now I own a copy of TF2 for Mac, and also I'll have to play with beret-wearing hipsters.

Get the hell off my 2fort, hipsters!

So begins my quest to psychologically crush the minds of the male hipster race through intense TF2 pwning. Once they are all drooling neanderthals- more so than they are presently, their horrible ways will be gone forever, and we will all be free.

Hipster chicks are just too cute to annihilate. It's all ok though, the cafes will be emancipated and I will personally serve each of them their five dollar latte. I'll fill it with crit rocket and mix it with backstabs.

sure the 90% of mac user will not play the cuz will be too busy going to parties or doing whatever fashion thing they do

I recently switched back to Mac (from XP) and have been using CrossOver to play Steam games, but having it native will be awesome - and free to boot!

^Don't tell him that, Mac users need to feel specialer than everyone else.

I'd rather take hipsters than the average PC gamer tbh.

I'm sure you'll change your mind after the hundredth idiot announces he's playing on a Mac. It'll be the new "I'm posting this on my phone".

I'm posting this on my Fridge!

I wonder if there is some form of in-game indication of our Mac intruders.

1268352066058.jpg

I want to believe

Thanks Toaster, WE ALREADY KNOW. Now if you don't shut up and get back to work IM GUNNA TAKE THAT DAMN COMPUTER OUT OF THE KITCHEN

There was already a thread about that.
It's JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Back