TF2 Making of: Skull Hat

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Bay Raitt, a 3D animator at Valve, explains in this blog post the design process for the Skull Hat featured in Team Fortress 2.

(Skull Mask - TF2.com Blog)

There is also going to be a new items submissions feature:

"The TF2 team has just started working on an improved item submission process that will make it easier for community creators to test, share and track the status of their creations. The new system will allow the entire TF community to participate by browsing, rating and giving feedback on all submitted items. It's a major project, but we promise to keep you updated on our progress."

The best part:
"The TF2 team has just started working on an improved item submission process that will make it easier for community creators to test, share and track the status of their creations. The new system will allow the entire TF community to participate by browsing, rating and giving feedback on all submitted items. It's a major project, but we promise to keep you updated on our progress."

Where's the part where he mentions his design choices which help the mask fit in with the 1960s TF2 aesthetic?

Where's the part where he mentions his design choices which help the mask fit in with the 1960s TF2 aesthetic?
It's still going strong.

ocu2R.jpg

Kind of...

Just FYI, Leyendecker was about a half-century before the 60s

edit: I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hates everything about what happened to the beautiful art style TF2 once had.

I find it more annoying that he says "we try to keep hats under 800 polygons" when that Skull is over two thousand polygons. But yeah, the 60s aesthetic is pretty much dead, but in the TF2 teams defence a lot of the stuff that doesn't fit the theme looks really cool :p

Also in Team Fortress 2 news: The Team Fortress 2 Beta now has built-in support for the Razor Hydra. See it in action here:

Expect to see wobbly hands in your TF2 soon.

Maybe I should make a video of me playing huntsman sniper with the novint falcon at full force feedback. You will see the cartilage in my elbow get torn to pieces.

What's the Heavy like with force feedback? Or the Force-A-Nature?

The heavy while firing just makes the whole thing vibrate constantly, like crazy. It's like driving over cobblestones in a fiat panda. The FAN gives a satisfying first kick back but renders the 2nd shot miles off target as you pop your arm back into it's socket.

Back