TF2 Problems

dawgsrule25

Reaction score
So whenever I connect to a server in TF2, i get this message: The instruction at "0x11d14064" referenced the memory at "0x0da78a68"
The memory could not be "read"
Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Increase the size of your paging file. Start -> rightclick My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance [Settings] -> Advanced -> Change. Make it at least equal to the amount of RAM you have, i.e. 2048MB paging file for 2GB RAM. I keep it at 1.5x my RAM, so 3072MB.

Restart your computer.

Then rightclick TF2 in Steam, go to Properties, and verify the integrity of your game cache.

Hope this helps.

When you say change it to the RAM thing, do you mean the minimum is 1.5x my RAM or the maximum?

Yeah. Your minimum pagefile size should never be below the amount of RAM, and should ideally be 1.5x your RAM. Your maximum can be anything. Personally I keep my pagefile at a constant 3072MB so that my hard drive doesn't get fragmented from a constantly-resizing pagefile.

Problems

Ok so I tried that and it doesn't seem to be working. I tried to join a server and the same problem occured at the same point. Any other suggestions?

Make sure your drivers are up to date. Download prime95 and run a stress test, see if it finds any problems. One minute on Google will give you all the info you need on prime95. I'd help more but I'm just going out the door, good luck!

Ok thanks for trying stigmata! I still need help so if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks

Ok I tried all the steps and it doesn't seem to be working. Any more suggestions from anyone?

What are your system specs? I assume you are hitting the minimum specs?

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Since you've tried everything on the Steam support article you've exhausted almost all avenues. Is your system cluttered, any virus or infection problems since your last format? Unfortunately, I'd recommend a reinstallation of windows.

Back