*TF2: Weapon melt modification idea (check it out!)*

Blacksad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got an idea and i hope you think its a good one :)..

The idea: With the new system of finding random items, people often have two or more of the same weapons (E.g. i have 5 blutsaugers :/). Well besides a trading system, i think this issue can be solved also in another way.. Why not add an option (next to the inventory) for 'weapon modification', where you can put three of the same weapons to get a (slightly) better version of that weapon.. E.g. the blutsauger at level 5 has Health gain: 3 (30/sec), well if you have three of them, you can (or trade them with somebody else) or you can melt them together (technology of blu and red combined) into a blutsauger at level 10 with health gain: 4 (40/sec), 3 blutsaugers level 10 makes a blutsauger level 15 and so on... 'till a certain level (discutable)! Weapons with a higher level, can't be as much modified as lower level weapons.. Of course you can also find these higher level items (but with a low frequency like the hats).
An extra for new and not-so-often players: the chance to find an item would be higher the less items you have in your inventroy E.g. : the chance of finding an item would be a lot higher compared to people with a full inventory.

This has five major advantages: (1) You can keep room in your inventory for finding other items, (2) The motivation for looking for more items will go up (and so will the playing-time) because of the willingness to upgrade the existing weapons, (3) The gamers who don’t want/can’t trade, can spend their weapons in another way, (4) it will enhance the upcoming trade-system and (5) is new player friendly.

Feed-back is most welcome!! And if you like it, I'll post it on the official forums on steam (still waiting for activation :s).

(I hope VALVe considers this idea, so I can do something with my 5 blutsaugers ;))

Grtz,

Blacksad

Again, this puts people who don't play that much at a disadvantage.

I have one flare gun.

That's it.

Again, this puts people who don't play that much at a disadvantage.

I have one flare gun.

That's it.

And the items you have from achievements?
+ with some luck after one hour of play, you can find a couple of items..

The items will be just slightly better, so they shouldn't affect much of the gameplay..
(this in mind for new players and not-so-often players)

The items I have from achievements are...
the flare gun.

I have crap items from achievements and still no random finds :p TF2 hates me. Oh well, it's still fun!

I have... every unlock. Along with several duplicates, 2 razorbacks, 2 dead ringers, 4 kritzkriegs, 3 backburners, 2 flare guns, and 2 axetinguishers

the flare gun.

Hey Acepilot, I found a solotion to your problem: the chance to find an item would be higher the less items youhave in your inventroy. In your case: the chance of finding an item would be alot higher compared to people with a full inventory. E.g. for you, after let's say half an hour the chance of finding an item should be very high..

Grtz,

Blacksad

the flare gun.

from achievements? well it's your own fault you don't have any weapons then.

anyway, op's idea sounds like gems in diablo 2.

from achievements? well it's your own fault you don't have any weapons then.

anyway, op's idea sounds like gems in diablo 2.

Indeed :), I thought that somebody would mention it.. (but there are also other games who used this mechanism and after the guys behind TF2 introduced the inventory I'm thinking more in rpg-style ;))

Back