Thank God HL2 and CS;S dont require Gamespy!!!!

JaegerMaster

Reaction score
I've never been happier with Steam than I am now... Gamespy is down or something, I can't even play BF1942, plaese modders, come out with some good MODs so I never have to see ****ing Gamespy again.....!!!!!

You don't need gamespy for anything, wtf are you talking about?

*edit* Are you saying you don't like GameSpy Arcade? Make it clear then! :bonce:

yeah i think Gamespy arcade is what he is talking. In which i completely agree.

you dont need gamespy for anything :/ Its just an option if you want to install.

Anyone who installs Gamespy Arcade under their own free will must be insane... have you seen what kind of spyware comes with that?

Steam is fine I guess, don't like how you have to wait like almost a minute for it to load, then you click Play Game, wait like 30 seconds for the game to "load" then once it shows the splash screen, for CS:S the 2 CT guys, the it still says loading for another 30 seconds and I just wish that it would all go faster, but I know it won't so I just will have to live with it but hey they are good games :)

Gamespy arcade is just pure crap though, if Steam EVER gets turned into that I will die... I mean you actually have to wait for the ads to loadddddd which can take a while, before you can close them.... It's so annoying IMHO...

Bah silly surgery medicine I know I"m sounding like a prick tonight but I'm not trying to really!

All Seeing Eye is great in my opinion. Beats the hell out of Gamespy Arcade.

NO!... Even if you don't install gamespy(Which I didn't) the ingame browser for BF1942 works off of gamespy, so you're still a victim to it... You understand now? I'm getting runtime errors, which, if I play offline, I don't get, It's not all the time, but frequent enough, that I am tired of gamespy...

Unless my IP provider, all the sudden decided to close a port, Which isn't likely, Gamespy is having problems, I'm just saying, I'm tired of a third party ****in solution to playing games! I went and played Counterstrike Source with no Problems.....

iamaelephant said:
All Seeing Eye is great in my opinion. Beats the hell out of Gamespy Arcade.

and then kicks its bloody corpse to a pulp, smashing it repetedly with a mallet

bliink said:

Lol....yeah ASE is brilliant.

I just wish developers would put decent game brousers in game. I'm sick of having to install other crap just to play.

It's worst when they have GS integrated into the actual game - isn't it CA? :devil:

Allseeing Eye is great for browsing games. Altough the build in in CS:S does the work.

bliink said:
yes it does do that, doesnt it

Gamespy tends to tick me off for many reasons.. the obvious one being lag :hmph: :frown:
i used to use ASE.. but since i don't play many other games besides Valve games.. i don't have as much use as other pple do.

Yes a lot of game's use Gamespy technology to run their server browsers in game, I think CoD does as well as others.

I actually remember when Gamespy was useful, but we're talking like 5 years ago :(

X-Fire is great if you need to find your mates and where they are playing.

Back