The Adrian Shephard Theory

G

GainesWorthy

A lot of people have theories in Portal concerning Adrian Shephard. If you do not know who Adrian Shephard is here is a little information about him:

Found in the game: Opposing Force, Shephard, a 22-year old US Marine Corporal assigned to the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit (HECU) from the fictional Santego Military Base in Arizona, is one of the men sent in the Black Mesa Research Facility to kill the aliens and later silence the witnesses, especially a scientist named Gordon Freeman, the player character in the original game. However, during the events subsequent to the "Resonance Cascade", Adrian finds himself separated from his unit and fighting for his life.

So you know as Shephard in Opposing Force.

Now, there is a lot of speculation as to Aperture Science linking in with Shephard.

Here are some of the links

1) The Portal Gun's Name:

Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device
A. SHPD = Adrian Shephard.

2)The Portal Keyboards have the letters "A" "S" "D" "E" "R" "I" P" "H" "N" The Letters needed to spell Adrian Shephard out, in orange highlights.

ASDERIPNH.jpg

3) Portal Weapon linkage:

In Opposing Force you get to use a gun that shoots out teleports of some kind. Now There is a Portal Gun.

LINKS:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76529
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Shephard

You can also search the Forums.

NOTE: This is just to add up all theories. Post your thought and your theories on Adrian Shephard being part of Aperture Science here!

-G

The keys are coloured as an easter egg. They realised that ASHPD, instead of the Portal gun, could be taken to be Adrian Shephard. It's a joke. G Man does not work for Aperture. Shephard does not work for Aperture or have anything to do with them either.

Dude, you seriously need to change your attitude, and work on social compatibility. Although I do not condone Flaming I will do it.

SHUT UP.

This is a place to post any theories you had on it, you're just being ignorant and narrow minded.

Edit: LOOK AT THE LINKS TOO MR. IT'S A JOKE.

No, I'm stating facts. Or what I believe to be facts (wiki?). What you're doing is called being a troll.

I am doing nothing wrong. By the way. Look at the other link, you sir, are a child.

Do you even know the meaning of Trolling? Because I am not trolling, I am joining a community where a member is trolling, you.

Oh yay. ANOTHER stupid Adrian Shephard pointless speculation thread. Regurgitating the SAME old crap again. And Kinetic wasn't flaming you. He was pointing out stuff (in a nice way) that everyone else figured out a VERY long time ago.

A very long time ago? I joined tonight, FYI, and have had some discussion with Mikael. So excuse me, all I did was bunch them all together and make it fresh and easier for people to express their views ON THE THEORIES. Also, he isn't doing a good job of being nice about it. He is being an ignorant child.

Valve has stated the highlighted keys were a joke before , if you still want to argue with it i will now proceed to tell the story. Fans noticed the ASHPD lettering and speculated the main character (whos name and gender was un-released at the time) would be Shephard. Valve responded to this by puting the easter egg of the high lighted keys in game as an in joke.

Wow, what an asshole. And before you ask,

Dude, you seriously need to change your attitude, and work on social compatibility. Although I do not condone Flaming I will do it.

SHUT UP.

This is a place to post any theories you had on it, you're just being ignorant and narrow minded.

Edit: LOOK AT THE LINKS TOO MR. IT'S A JOKE.

I am doing nothing wrong. By the way. Look at the other link, you sir, are a child.

Do you even know the meaning of Trolling? Because I am not trolling, I am joining a community where a member is trolling, you.

A very long time ago? I joined tonight, FYI, and have had some discussion with Mikael. So excuse me, all I did was bunch them all together and make it fresh and easier for people to express their views ON THE THEORIES. Also, he isn't doing a good job of being nice about it. He is being an ignorant child.

Yes, I mean you, you cocksucking mingebag. IT'S JUST A THEORY

No, you're just another person that has joined the forums and immediately jumped into "ZOMG Adreeaan Sheepeeerd = portal = A SHPRD" and "ZORP the keyzz speel Hiz name11!!11" as if you are the first person on the planet to see these things and dubious connections to Adrian. I was pointing out that you must be the last person to see these things because it has been discussed to death, for what it's worth (which is not a lot anyway).

People need to realise that if they have just played a game that is no longer new to the world, then all the obvious things they "discover" about it have probably been discovered long ago, and just accept that you missed the discussion. Think of it as your penalty for either getting the game so late, or being so dense as to only discover these things now. Either way: stupid topic that closed LONG ago, you missed the bandwagon.

Yeah, you may have joined tonight and your immediate repuation is: a big fat ****.

I feel that if you continue to post here anymore, you'll be disliked.

I read before that after the whole ASHPD thing that spread around the internet (which was not intentional) some Valve texture artist put that reference in as a joke.

So much arguing lol
Now, I'm not gonna agree with this theory, but I was reading it
And in the manual it talks about a G-man, supposivley the G-man in th rest of the Half-Life games?
And it says many people have seen him
But in every other game, no one ever notices him except for you
I dunno, I just felt like pointing that out lol

So much arguing lol
Now, I'm not gonna agree with this theory, but I was reading it
And in the manual it talks about a G-man, supposivley the G-man in th rest of the Half-Life games?
And it says many people have seen him
But in every other game, no one ever notices him except for you
I dunno, I just felt like pointing that out lol

He talks to a scientist at Black Mesa, he talks to Odessa Cubbage, Eli knows about him... I'm sure there's more.

Congratulations. I only registered a fail opinion of you by your second post I ever read.

You've done better than the troll average of one.

Back