The best Half Life 2 trailer i have ever seen.

saw it on gametrailers a few years back. its def good, but could lose the epic orchestral music about a minute in.

the music in the first minute made me think of bioshock.

Where did they get the audio clip with Eli saying "He ended the Seven Hour War. The Combine rewarded him with power."? That wasn't in any of the games.

Music at the start has shit-all to do with the game, it's not Fallout. Second half was alright though.

I don't think it is. He does mention the seven hour war in the lab but he does not say that.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's there, in the lab. It's a response from Eli when you look at the front page with Breen's portrait tacked to the corkboard.

I thought it was great. Have never seen that trailer before. The music, visuals, narrative.. Simply amazing.

Incredibly average and overrated trailer. And yeah, that line was in the game, you just need to trigger it.

Maybe it's just a huge pet peeve of mine, but I really hate it when some pop song gets used in a trailer - it just makes it sound so campy. The "Over The Rainbow" bit I thought was really effective.
The orchestral music has so many overused motives and cliched orchestration - doesn't sound like anything new. Overall, it's ok, but the music in the second half killed it for me.

Maybe it's just a huge pet peeve of mine, but I really hate it when some pop song gets used in a trailer - it just makes it sound so campy. The "Over The Rainbow" bit I thought was really effective.
The orchestral music has so many overused motives and cliched orchestration - doesn't sound like anything new. Overall, it's ok, but the music in the second half killed it for me.

totally agree. sounds so gay and sappy when they do that.
like when you start up halo 3 and music is that stupid "Epic" opera thing...really pisses me off.

Certainly shows effort, but the conflict is meant to be a horrible struggle for survival, I dont think that particular Sigur Ros song depicts that well lol.

I've always seen it that the first half shows the oppression and danger and the second half the humanity and hope offered by the rebellion and the people around you. And I believe that this is reflected in the music.

True, but they could have used a slightly less campy song - maybe something along the lines of Poets of the Fall's "Dawn"? (sorry, that's what I'm listening to right now...I absolutely love that group!)

Sorry to go OT, but: Samon, just out curiosity - and not that I necessarily disagree with you about this video in particular - but is there anything in the world you do think is especially good? I only ever seem to see you put things down, in your posts here.

Well, I think this would make a good half life SERIES trailer since it contains footage from the whole series (Excluding Halflife 1) so its not much of a Half Life 2 Trailer is it?

if it's so old, Im sure many people haven't seen it before, including me.

I thought it was very well made.

I thought it was pretty bad. :)

- but is there anything in the world you do think is especially good? I only ever seem to see you put things down, in your posts here.

Ah, I'm sure you'll see him with a good response one of these days. Perhaps when I finally submit mine. :p

No one noticed that most of the footage isn't the author's? Much of it is cobbled together from many fan vids, albeit with a very good sense of timing.

Yeah, I recognized a few 'I'm still seeing Breen' and a bunch of Lit Fuse's films.

Well, I think this would make a good half life SERIES trailer since it contains footage from the whole series (Excluding Halflife 1) so its not much of a Half Life 2 Trailer is it?

well it's kinda implied as a series trailer although I admit I may have phrased it wrong.

Music in this trailer is **** annoying. Why have that music in it? It has no relevance to anything happening in the trailer at all. It is far too loud and just gets in the way.

What movie did you pull the music from? It sounds awfully familiar.

What movie did you pull the music from? It sounds awfully familiar.

sounds like either the matrix or the dark knight, not too sure though.

EDIT: nevermind it was spiderman, was close though.

Ah-ha - who did the music for that film? I can't remember who it was.

Hadn't seen that trailer before. Guess I somehow missed it. Would have worked as a 50, 60 second long teaser. Seemed like three trailers to me. Reminded me of AI in that sense.

Back