The Church Guy

It is, the Heavy and Spy actors do the chopper and plane pilots also.

That's actually pretty impressive for the actors if they can do that wide of a range.

Sheeeet, that is impressive. L4D's voice acting is unbelievably amazing.

Its the same actor. Quite a few actors from different games are actually the same people.

I think Church Guy's "Ding-dong!" line was added for the Scout in the update as well.

i miss that guy. it was sad. It was the only sliver of story that the game had

Yeah, apart from all the backstory about the zombie apocalypse.

But that's the vast majority of the story!

....oh

That is a very cool story. Besides this the only other character was the chopper pilot, who was dropped.

Crikey, that's some great voicework when the guy starts changing halfway through the vid. Quite disturbing.

When you hear this guy, you realize that Father Grigori was in fact, very mentally stable.

So story is that he let someone in an hour ago

Apparently that person (A woman as we see) is not immune so she bites him and he turns into a hunter?

I thought he was cool

Where do we see that the person he let in was a woman? D:

Also, he can turn into anything, hunter, smoker, boomer.

I'm pretty sure he can't. Possibly as a bug.

A crazy man who can be found in chapter three of the Death Toll campaign, The Church. He appears to be afraid of infection, locking himself in the safe room that the Survivors must get through. It is later revealed that he was bitten by his friend (who claimed he was immune), who became an Infected, and deemed himself immune to the virus after waiting an hour. Ultimately, he also becomes an Infected. He is suffering from extreme paranoia of the Infected, and it has obviously driven him to insanity. He often says "better safe than sorry" and causes a mini-finale where he rings the church bell to attract a horde to kill the Survivors. After the mini-finale, the safe-house door can be opened and a special infected will be in there, providing a conclusion to his change (he will never turn into a Witch) The games file indicates that he has a 0.1% chance of turning into a Tank. You can also hear him start to growl before you open the door. After opening the door and ascending to the second floor of the safe room, the Survivors can see that the Church guy has written his motto all over a wall, over 180 times. His voice actor, Nathan Vetterlein, also voiced the Scout from Valve's Team Fortress 2.

Now that i know that, with my luck i'll be getting a tank next time i play death toll...

The games file indicates that he has a 0.1% chance of turning into a Tank.
That's pretty awesome - it's one of those things where the odds of it happening to you are really small, even if you replay the map heaps, but I bet there are some nice stories out there of a Tank catching everyone by surprise.

That's pretty awesome - it's one of those things where the odds of it happening to you are really small, even if you replay the map heaps, but I bet there are some nice stories out there of a Tank catching everyone by surprise.

And killing the entire team, making it the most frustrating death toll experience ever.

Earlier today i was messing around on singleplayer on that level to see what kind of responses i could get from him. After i hit the door i noclipped in, and there was a Boomer up top. After the horde past, a Smoker spawned anyway. I guess he didn't kill the guy that bit him? :p

I think it will be cool if Valve made the church guy 100% a tank. That's what we call a mini-finale.

I think it will be cool if Valve made the church guy 100% a tank. That's what we call a mini-finale.
On april fool's day Valve should set the game to produce three tanks per map. :LOL:

On april fool's day Valve should set the game to produce three tanks per map. :LOL:

Or release a "Mini Survival" map. Non-stop tanks and nothing but tanks. As many as zombies at a time.

I played a server that had this recently. It was crazy fun, although that might have had a lot to do with being on a team that was good enough to get past 3 tanks and make it to the end.

Back