'The Dark Knight Rises'

looked like commissioner gordon, but **** all if i know what he said

Who is that bloke in the bed and what is he saying?

It's Gordon, it sounds like he's saying something to the tune of "We were in this together, and then you left", and that Batman has to come back.

Awesome trailer, I'm so excited for this.

Gordon: "We were in this together, and then you were gone. And now this evil rises. The Batman has to come back."

Wayne: "What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Gordon: "He must. He must."

Gordon: "We were in this together, and then you were gone. And now this evil rises. The Batman has to come back."

Wayne: "What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Gordon: "He must. He must."

Gordon: "Or we'll have to execute Inception!" (camera pans to the Inception team by Gordon's hospital bed)

Looks like they're putting a lot emphasis on Ra's al Ghul. They even cast a younger version of him. Which is leading me to believe that Marion Cotillard will be Talia al Ghul. She's listed under a different name on imdb and supposedly her character will be working for Wayne Enterprises but that could very well be just an assumed name.

In my opinion they shouldn't have picked this character at all. He just doesn't fit with the whole serious/realistic interpretation of the Batman Universe. He looks like a ****ing wrestler, there's no way I can take him seriously.
Of course they should have! He's the one that essentially kills off Batman (leaves him a paraplegic at least). AND he fits much better with the serious/realistic interpretation of the Batman universe because his antagonism is based essentially in the physical as opposed to previous villains getting into Batman's psyche. Sure, he's a hulking brute, but he is also a genius according to Ra's al Ghul. He figures out Batman's identity in a year ffs! They become friends eventually, saving each other's life here and there. What I want to know if how far will they actually take the Knightfall storyline, assuming that is what they are doing here. If they do it right this movie will be roughly 9-12 hours long. :)

saw the trailer last night during the Harry Potter movie. Can't wait for this to come out

In my opinion they shouldn't have picked this character at all. He just doesn't fit with the whole serious/realistic interpretation of the Batman Universe. He looks like a ****ing wrestler, there's no way I can take him seriously.
Yeah sure, and Scarecrow didn't fit in the whole "serious/realistic" interpretation of the Batman universe either, but somehow Nolan pulled it off. And Bane is an ex-wrestler who turned into an assassin/hitman.

Bane is the only villain who actually beats Batman into a pulp. I mean really beat him and leaves him half-dead. Also he breaks Batman's back.

Batman himself doesn't fit in the whole "serious/realistic" interpretation of the Batman universe.

trollface.jpg

Will Bruce Wayne reveal himself as the batman to Gordon in this one? looks like it judging from the trailer (he's talking to Gordon in his regular voice). I figured after the crash in TDK he already might've had him sussed though.

Will Bruce Wayne reveal himself as the batman to Gordon in this one? looks like it judging from the trailer (he's talking to Gordon in his regular voice). I figured after the crash in TDK he already might've had him sussed though.

I was thinking the same thing, and (to my knowledge) that hasn't done before in Batman. I'd really, really love to see it.

Seems like. He's not putting on the Batman voice when he's talking to him in the hospital, so unless the visit is completely unrelated and Gordon just decided to talk to him about Batman coming back...

Although given how dark his face is, I suspect he's wearing a mask. That said, I'd love for Wayne to reveal himself to Gordon.

The trenchcoat should look just fine against the backdrop of a winter Gotham.

i said it earlier in the thread and i'll say it again - people still doubting that nolan is making silly characters need only look back a couple of years at the hype surrounding the dark knight with ledger's joker and how disappointed and doubtful we all were then. i wouldn't be surprised if nolan is using this to his advantage when, inevitably, bane amazes us all in a years time.

i'm very optimistic, and care not for these cell phone photos of out of context actors in costume.

edit: new stuff; batman and cops fight bane and militia on city hall steps

photos: http://eyeprime.net/2011/07/batman-fights-bane-on-front-steps-of-gotham-city-hall/

She looks pretty good to me, mind you compared with Halle Berry any Catwoman costume looks good.

I don't understand the reasoning behind casting Anne Hathaway as Catwoman at all. Maybe I'm just a hater but I think that she is the worst person for that role.
I hope that she is still able to give a good performance, despite my low expectations.

I don't understand the reasoning behind casting Anne Hathaway as Catwoman at all. Maybe I'm just a hater but I think that she is the worst person for that role.
I hope that she is still able to give a good performance, despite my low expectations.

I had a hard time understanding as well. I think its probably because she normally does chick-flcks and rom-coms. But I have never seen a bad Nolan film or an actor who did not fit their role perfectly in his films, so I will have faith.

She's a great actress, I have no qualms with the casting choice at all.

Arkham catwoman is classic catwoman. Nolan no use classic.

This Catwoman I think, "Oookay... I would not have guessed that was her if you hadn't told me."

Compare and contrast my reaction to the reveal of AC Catwoman, where I distinctly recall making observation such as "DAT ASS", "Awesome takedown is awesome!", and "Ohmigosh she's voiced by Princess Azula!"

While I enjoyed The Dark Knight, I think these attempts at super-realism may be misguided, much the same way that Quantum of Solace strove too hard for 'realism' and ended up feeling more like Bourne than Bond. I understood where Nolan's desire comes from, but in the end you have a man dressed as a bat fighting a man dressed as a clown, and nothing you can do will make me take that seriously. Opinions may vary dramatically on that, of course, and I respect that.

But it's not an attempt at super-realism. As you said, there's a man dressed as a Bat fighting a man in clown makeup. There's no pretense about that in the films, even if they are grounded as crime-films.

Given that the main character is in a bat costume, it's kind of strange that they chose to remove the "cat" part of the costume for her. Right now she just looks like some biker chick with fancy goggles.

I'm hoping they do some extremely dark BDSM spin on Catwoman's origin. That she was for example violently abused by her father during her childhood, and she now has to release the pain that that left in her by directing sexual violence towards her victims. I read that there are some hints of this in the comics, I would love Nolan if he would do it.

Given that the main character is in a bat costume, it's kind of strange that they chose to remove the "cat" part of the costume for her. Right now she just looks like some biker chick with fancy goggles.

i think it's meant to be her first incarnation of the costume.

also, i read the other day that she hasn't strictly been named ''catwoman'' at all, by anyone from the team. i'm not sure if that was/is still true.

I'm hoping they do some extremely dark BDSM spin on Catwoman's origin. That she was for example violently abused by her father during her childhood, and she now has to release the pain that that left in her by directing sexual violence towards her victims. I read that there are some hints of this in the comics, I would love Nolan if he would do it.

Haha sure sounds like a Nolan plotline to me.

They tried that in the Catwoman movie and it was a disaster. Though, if Nolan did it it would be disturbing and awesome.

Yeah, I'm interested to know how Catwoman is going to come into things. I mean, Wayne has had a whole two movies worth of becoming Batman, and coming to the decision to become the caped crusader and clean up Gotham, what is Catwoman's reason going to be? How is she going to be implemented without giving her storyline a rushed feel?

Julie Newmar was pretty hot as catwoman

Looks a little like the tumbler, not very aerodynamic in appearance though.

Back