The Death of Gordon Freeman.

PeteyMax

Reaction score
I'm not backing this, I don't think he should die, that'd suck, but if he DID die... how do you think it'd play out?

First, there would be some awesome cut-scene. Containing what ever it'd need for the impending death. He'd be shot, or what ever, he'd die somehow, and who ever inflected the death card would be killed by who ever else is with Gordon (Probably Alyx) She would kneel by Gordon's side cry, be upset, "No Gordon! Please!" etc. Then it'd go black, everything would fade out, this is when it comes out of Gordon's view, then we see Gordon laying on the floor, about to finish off. Gman would walk to his side. He'd look down to him and say "Good night... Gordon Freeman", fix his tie, and walk away, then some music, fade out and BOOM.

So, if Gordon DID die (VALVe forbid) I think this is how it would be.

What do you guys think?

I know this is all theory - but if for some reason thy 'did' choose this route, I couldn't possibly see how they'd do it. Half-life is well known for doing everything through the players' eyes - in other words, no cut scenes. So if they did kill off GF, I guess the screen would just go black / red - which would really chew the root. :(

I see why you would think that, but if they did, it'd be a horrible ending to Gordon. Something good must happen. And when I say "Cut scene" I mean like when you go into Breens office, stuck in that pod, you can't do anything, you just have to watch.

Ah, see what you mean. ;) Yep, whatever way they did that though, as you say, it would indeed be nasty. :( Let's live in hope that they don't do anything like this...

Unless he sacrificed his life for something major. But him being dead would still suck.

What happen to him if he accidentally drops his glasses? Then falls over the edge? He steps on a rake and it slaps his face?

Yeah, he wouldn't get shot.

He'd probably get ripped apart on a molecular level and spread throughout verying dimensions, mainly as a sacrifice for the entire human race.

...and then he'd turn up as a special zombie in L4D:3

Gordon dies all the time. :|

The player avatar dying isn't really going to have much of an emotional impact. People probably would have more of a "WTF" reaction than anything.

He'd probablt do some martyr action, of course. Taking down a Combine mothership or the like.

He's just that badass.

My Gordon has self esteem issues and never really seems to have the balls to say "No" to everyone's crazy ****ing suggestions.

Shut down your own ****ing power core, Kleiner. My Gordon still has his whole life ahead of him.

I had a funny thought the other day - if the 'real' story was to follow the game as I played it, you'd be about 400 pages in, Gordon was hot on Breen's tail - chasing him up the Citadel, Gordon was closing in on his old administrator to finally kick his ass...

...And then he fell off a ledge and died. ***The End***

Actually I'm not. At least, on first playthroughs if I'm immersing myself in the game I'll run through taking what damage I get. That being said I just habitually save all the time, so if I get TOO close to dying I'll load up a save.

After initial playthroughs though I do quick load a lot--not because I take damage, but more along the lines of, "I can do that better. That can look cooler if I do it this way." So I F7 as many times as needed to make an encounter in HL the most awesome it can be.

You fool I've had some of my best moments because I had no health left and went on a goddamn suicide rampage and survived it. Bloody epic moments were had in FEAR and Episode Two running head first into a room with five health and a shotgun.

Gordon dies all the time. :|

The player avatar dying isn't really going to have much of an emotional impact. People probably would have more of a "WTF" reaction than anything.

Indeed.

I reloaded that bit in CoD 4 where you die after being nuked about 3 times before realizing it was a no win situation. Which took away from the impact somewhat.

lol yeah, if we've learned anything from the Half-Life series it's that getting shot is enough to take out Gordon.

Getting shot is the best thing that could happen to Freeman during a fight. He gets hit by all sorts of crap that are at least 50x worse than a gunshot wound.

"IT'S ONLY A FLESH WOUND".

Indeed.

I reloaded that bit in CoD 4 where you die after being nuked about 3 times before realizing it was a no win situation. Which took away from the impact somewhat.

That's strange... at what point would you have considered a post-helicopter crash into a red sky raining nuclear fallout when you can barely move a possible win situation? I would have literally stopped playing the game had it been possible for you to just hop up out of that situation.

However, there is a disconnect when you're in first person and you never speak. You're always rooted in the perception that it is YOU that is playing and since you can essentially have infinite lives, 'dying' seems impossible. Yet, Gordon Freeman is a character that seems very tangible despite his lack of dialogue. He may not ever be seen in the game, but his face and suit ate always instantly recognizable. He IS a character unlike the forgettable names of COD solders and the like.

All of that being said, I doubt they'll kill him off simply because of the franchise. Gordon is to HL what Master Chief is to Halo. Or Solid Snake. If they let him die, then they'll probably make some kind of prequel or "Hey check out the lost battles of Gordon Freeman" kind of thing.

If he does die... the G-man will be the one to kill him. He seems to be fully capable of controlling the life or death of Gordon at will.

Gordon is exposed to radiation higher than the suit can take. Alyx blows a kiss and touches the camera monitor shes watching him from, while shedding a few tears.

In Episode Three Gordon challenges an Advisor just near the Borealis:
"C'mon you big ball of fat, fight me!" and waves around with his crowbar.
"Ghhhhh"
"Wa', you think I'm not worthy? I'm not gonna repeat my sel.." Gordon's glasses fall off.
Then he slips and falls into the icy chasm bellow.

Gordon is exposed to radiation higher than the suit can take. Alyx blows a kiss and touches the camera monitor shes watching him from, while shedding a few tears.
Just before this you have the option to talk to your vortigaunt ally and ask him to go in your place, both knowing that he can survive the radiation levels while getting as little as a light tan. The vortigaunt will then tell you that he will not rob you of your great destiny and refuses to go in your stead.

You're gonna bust a nut if Gordon ditches Alyx and hitches up with the Vortessence, aren't you.

My good sir I understood most of the words you just used but not the way in which you have chosen to use them.

Gordon dies, one of the rebels shouts "Dibs on the suit!", runs to Gordon, strips him, starts putting the suit on. While all this is happening, we don't see his face, until he is looking at the glowes and the camera slowly turns to his face. Horray for the new hero of HL series: Doctor Au-heppa. Oh yes.

Freeman ain't dying.

Do you not understand? This is a 100% made up, fictional idea. I'm just getting input on how people think toward the game. I know he's not going to die, and if he did, it sure as hell wouldn't be a bullet. I'm just asking. If he was going to die, how would you think It'd happen?

Imagine how much diseases that he has, for trying to shut down that core.
When Alyx and him try to have a baby, it's probably going to be mutated.

Most likely he will just have a seizure upon seeing Alyx naked.

:smoking:
Thumbs-Up-Success-Club_normal.jpg

Good one!

Oh, and you have a cigarette in your mouth! Too cool!

Sunglasses? This is insanity!

^^^^^^^ or maybe he will die of shock when she whips out a weiner bigger than his lol

Back