The Decline of Music

Hot chicks in the 2nd video YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA I wanna get laid so bad...

i love that shit. cant listen to atonal-avantgarde-musique-concrete-braindance keyboard/guitar wanking all day long.

there's no such thing as a better or worse taste you ****ing ballsacks

everybody who claims to like some sofisticated artist still openly masturbates to their favourite groups and tracks all over their posts

I meant that it seems like people are only making music to make money.

In mainstream music, yes. Stop listening to it. There are tens of thousands of other bands you can listen to.

*sigh* I swear I've heard this before. In my opinion, music is doing just fine.

A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square.

Music that's good doesn't necessarily mean it's music you like. Likewise, music you like isn't necessarily good music. There are some absolutely marvelously composed Baroque pieces by Bach, but people dislike that genre music. Is it bad music? No, it's some of the most ingenious writing ever conceived.

From now on, never say "good music" when you're referring to artists you like. Ever again. That's some presumptuous vocabulary whenever you write that phrase. Genres have certainly declined, but music by definition can't decline. We'll always have music.

Some of the above mentioned comments have probably been stated once or twice already. I just want to re-state that what people think that defines good music is all relative, and when a definition is relative, it's just an opinion.

This is all incredibly subjective. I can't say mainstream 'teenage' music has captivated me. I'm currently 16. I'm far more interested in music for the mind, rather than music for the senses, if that makes sense.

I love U2, Pink Floyd (especially), Genesis, Foreigner, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Power Ballads etc. I also have an extreme devotion to Trance music.

There are some modern bands I enjoy listening to. Snow Patrol are good. Don't mind Green Day. I like Delta Goodrem's stuff believe it or not.

You would like Alice in Chains then. You have to listen to what he says closely, but Layne wrote a lot of deep songs while he was around.

Back