The doctor will see you now...

CptStern said:
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!

4 more hours to go, I am dying over here!

so hard to surf the net ..there's spoilers everywhere!!!

936 more hours to go, I am dying over here!

:p ;)

Murray_H said:

936 more hours to go, I am dying over here!

:p ;)
Awesome :imu: :E

I paid for the Silver Package on Steam.

Right at launch time i started Steam, waited for 15 min and started to play HL2... no problems :cheers:
...and i'm in Portugal, were connections suck everywere.

Completed the install no problems at all, steam works great.

After have been playing many hours today I knew half life 2 was a great game but this is very impressive.

How will Valve top this, they can't and they know it this is a masterpice.

Yay, i got to play the game, this morning. But steam is too shitty to let me log in now, ****ing god damn bullshit. I hate steam, I hate valve, and I hate gabe newell for thinking of steam... may he get sued become poor and spend the rest of his days eating lettuce and stale ramen.

I finished my installation around 3:20 AM EST (20 minutes after release). I then played till 7 AM, went back to bed (cuz I'm ill and I need my sleep) then I played from 1 PM to 5 PM. I got to the very beginning of "Sandtrap."

Life Changing

1. AMAZING sensation feeling that crowbar in my hand again!!!
2. Running at 640x480 to make it acceptable but not complaining...
3. I'm in love with Alyx <sigh>

w00t, Sorry I'm late all, Happy HL2 Day! Cheers, the game is beautiful.

13 hours in a row, heres my critics:

+++

Mechanical Dog Holy Shit hes sooooo cool
Perfect Physic 10x better then CS;S (except for vehicules)
Really Nice lighting effecs
Quality Sound Effects Wow
Framerate really higher then i though, even better then CS
The Story
Mini Puzzles (put floating barril under a wooden box to create a jump)

----
Not enough special gun
The Zero gravity (manipulator) gets really annoying after 4hours:p
The vehicules physics are horrible, looks like an arcade low budget game, and the maps that you are using vehicules in it kind of sux.
Im already chapiter 12.... :(

kickass. I got to Ravenholm, where the real fun begins. (Can you say manipulator?) But now I'm in a sort of a dead end, with no ammo,
some toxin headcrabs and a toxin zombie (not undead zombie)
behind a fence, and no idea how to get past. I sort of backtracked..

oh, the joy when I got my manipulator..

best. game. ever. on the surface of Earth.

I must say that I hate steam but love HL2 :)

And I really mean it..

I HATE STEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ending is lame!

****SPOILER****
DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPOIL YOUR ENDING OR MID GAME!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I completed the game last night (9 hours gameplay!! thought it was 20!!!) and was greatly dissappointed about the end and other parts in the game. First off, i was looking forward to being at the placed seen in the movie "Barricade" but fact is, you NEVER get to play that area nor does barney say those things to you!

second was the ending... you finally stop the doctor.. but then time stops and G-man comes out of no where... saying that your work has impressed people and that he will choose your next assignment.. blah... they could have made it better... Although i liked when the gravity gun got ultra powered =D i liked dragging people around and shooting them against each other =D

Final conclusion is though, that ending was sad i expected it to be more exiting. But still a good game Valve nice work =)

Half-life 2 9/10 (lacks one point for bad ending)

You really should have used spoiler tags there.

I loved the ending... it was perfect. Keep in mind this is the second chapter in a trilogy.

so you like open endings like that.. ? especially the "stop time" effect.. ? i found it lame

i've got it, today. just installed steam and now hl2. YES!! :) aah, that makes me happy.

In my opinion, what would have been lame is if everything was explained in the end. And yes, some of my favorite endings (generally films\books) have been ambiguous. Half-Life2's ending is true to the spirit of Half-Life. It could very easily have lost that.

Firstly: I like Steam. A lot. I think it's a great idea. I think the ability to instantly and globally-release the game is a great counter to a big reason for pirating (inability to get the game in some places after it's been released in others). I think the automatic patching system is great, and makes it so I don't have to go anywhere else and take the time to download and install correctly. I think a proprietary data-distribution system is a great asset to have. I will enjoy watching it grow. Sure, it has some bugs in it, and there's a lot of inability to get on and download/unlock, etc. But I think, all in all, they've done an admirable job with Steam. I can only imagine the stress of the servers at 12:00 midnight PST Tuesday morning when 1/16* the world downloaded the unlock stuff. I mean, man. That's a lot of bandwidth.

Now, for the game:

I think that this cartoon aptly displays the first 10 min to 1 hour of everyone's gaming time: http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3

Physics are awesome. And the sounds, and the "weight" of everything, the density, just perfect. The "Ravenholm" sign falling softly when the air resistance was larger when it fell face flat, man. Totally unlike Doom 3, where everything fell and reacted like hard-shelled styrofoam and sounded like you hit a lead wall with a bag of meat.

The handgun is my favorite handgun I've ever had in a game, although the Halo 1 one is a close second.

Man, just so much awesome stuff. But I need to get back to work.

*A random fraction.

Is anyone having trouble with the game? For some reason I can't get past one part, it keeps shutting my computer down....any suggestions? Also I got it off steam, so I can't re-install it, I emailed Sierra and they haven't done anything to help me....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 14 MINUTES INTO IT BEFORE IT CRASHED MY COMPUTER!!!

JinkyWilliams said:
I think that this cartoon aptly displays the first 10 min to 1 hour of everyone's gaming time: http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3
It applies to me at least :p lol

JinkyWilliams said:
Physics are awesome. And the sounds, and the "weight" of everything, the density, just perfect. The "Ravenholm" sign falling softly when the air resistance was larger when it fell face flat, man. Totally unlike Doom 3, where everything fell and reacted like hard-shelled styrofoam and sounded like you hit a lead wall with a bag of meat.
Or shoot a sawblade right up in the air and when it comes down it whirls a bit. Very realistic.

"It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question."

jackytreehornn said:
Is anyone having trouble with the game? For some reason I can't get past one part, it keeps shutting my computer down....any suggestions? Also I got it off steam, so I can't re-install it, I emailed Sierra and they haven't done anything to help me....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 14 MINUTES INTO IT BEFORE IT CRASHED MY COMPUTER!!!

First off: Basic system specs: Processor speed, RAM, video card, sound card.

Sierra has probably received upwards of a million emails in a 24 hour period. I wouldn't expect anything past an automated reply for a while, yet. I've heard from a couple of people that Valve was especially helpful, but they could be the lucky ones who actually got through and helped in a timely fashion.

And by "crashing", do you mean it froze? Did it restart your computer? Black screen/blue screen of death?

Does it freeze at the exact same place, or does it freeze exactly 14 minutes into it? Can you run around for 14 min and have it not freeze?

A couple of things that would be helpful to know. Shoot back the answers and we'll be in a better position to assist you.

Back