The E3 2012 Thread: Hopes and Dreads

South Park looks rad.

I haven't been following this much at all, are Rockstar doing anything regarding GTA V?

I couldn't stop thinking of this literally the entire time I was watching that Black Ops II demo.

I loved the Last of Us gameplay footage, really looks nice

I just watched the ACIII naval gameplay video.

One could of mistaken it for a mod for Crysis 1, it was that pretty

Beyond, Watch Dogs and Last of Us look stunning, hopefully they play stunningly as well. The Vita AC looks quite awesome as well -- too bad I'll probably never play it.

...and of course, ACIII seems to be coming along splendidly.

The South Park game just looks fun and ridiculous. And I have a soft spot for Obsidian.

right now, i'm ready to jump ship to PS3. last of us and watch dogs look like they have some promise.

right now, i'm ready to jump ship to PS3. last of us and watch dogs look like they have some promise.
Is there confirmation on what platform(s) Watch Dogs is on? I thought someone confirmed that the demo was playing on a PC.

Watch Dogs is confirmed to be a next-gen title.

Well, it runs on a PC, so...

Was watching the Nintendo conference just now. Biggest dread of E3 for me was that my browser might not shut when I clicked the red X.

If that ZombiU game turns out good then I might actually have to buy a Wii U, especially if the Wii U has full backwards compatibility with Wii titles.

My body is ready!

Watch Dogs looks pretty good, I just hope the vehicle physics will be improved - something about them didn't seem right in the video, especially during the getaway (I think this had to do with the sound of the car hitting high RPM's not corresponding with how it behaved, giving an illusion of it gliding rather than being attached to the road :?)

I can understand Valve not wanting to release anything interesting at this show. This venue no longer deserves it.

I wish there was a version of E3, but only for Steam, where developers of games that are going to release there within the next year show the projects that they are developing.

A SteamShow for the inevitable SteamEngine.

Good god the masses in the E3 stream chat on GT will NOT shut up about "Gaben". Petulant horde of rabid vapid inane mouth-breathers all. And these are our people =(.

So the Ubisoft guy on GameTrailers just said that it was on PS3 360 and PC. Not next gen. Again I ask, what was your source and how was it 'confirmed'?
Vegeta confirmed for not getting it.

I feel bad for anyone hoping Watch_Dogs isn't all canned. That part where he causes the car crash? The cars spawn in. You don't need to wait for your device to tell you when. You don't wait for traffic lights. The game just spawns the cars in and causes a scripted crash.

I feel bad for anyone hoping Watch_Dogs isn't all canned. That part where he causes the car crash? The cars spawn in. You don't need to wait for your device to tell you when. You don't wait for traffic lights. The game just spawns the cars in and causes a scripted crash.
pls no

There's also the possibility that the only car that spawns according to script, is the one the target car crashes into and the rest are just 'there' as part of the traffic flow.

I got the impression the whole thing was canned too. The spontaneity of the crash, the physics and the guy in the car trying to rouse his dead friend all said scripted sequence to me. Maybe it was only one of several possible ways to take that guy out though.

Anyway that whole demo was very carefully constructed for effect, what with the player perspective switch at the end and the camera zooming out for the big finish. Wouldn't be surprised if the controller in the guy's hands was all for show.

Every time he took out that phone I kept thinking it was an iPhone. Wanna screw up traffic lights and cause a horrible crash killing innocent people? There's an app for that.

Video games to me seem so mundane this year. The lineup was ok, the press conferences were ok. Just nothing excites me like it used to with E3. I was expecting something fresh but with the economy I think companies are taking less risks. With that being said I'm also going to save some money and only buy a few big hits this coming fall. Maybe Halo 4, GTA5, and Borderlands 2, and also maybe God of War 4. Also I'm waiting for a review on COD if it'll save me $60. MW3 was a dud the more I think about it. The big stand outs to me are those new IPS: The Last of Us, Beyond, ZombiU, Hawken, etc

iCXX1fHU2RUXn.gif

Bullshit, Arma 3 definitely probably has turrets of some kind. There's no way it'll be better than Wonderbook.

Well that's not even fair. Nothing can beat the Wonderbook, obviously.

You can draw a zigzag in the air and it casts a spell.

A magic spell.

You know, at what point in Harry Potter was making shapes with your wand even a thing? Not that voice activated spells would be any less shameful and stupid.

The only game I'm quite excited for is Dead State, and I don't believe that was shown at E3. However, the kickstarter and a trailer are up for it, which is nice. There are games I'm looking forward to, tentatively speaking, such as Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution (the one trailer in Chinatown seemed to show off some good gameplay), and maybe Borderlands 2. Oh, and I'll most likely be getting Dawnguard at the end of the month.

Back