The fruits of my labor are finally starting to materialize.

SIGbastard

Reaction score
I just had to share I am so proud of my new home (I close in a couple of weeks). This will be my third home. My last 2 were on fairly limited budgets. Finally we are getting a home my family can grow into. It's 3400 square feet, 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom, 2 living rooms, formal dining, office, huge insulated metal outbuilding, on 5 acres. I think the extra living space will be turned into a 5th bedroom The nearest boat ramp is about 1.5 miles away for Lake Texoma. $300k goes a long way in the great state of Oklahoma. God bless the midwest. I just wanted to share.:

l48ed9341-m0m-1.jpg

Wow congrats, THIS IS A JOKE ->but 3.5 bathrooms? Is the .5 where you have to piss in the sink or something? <- THIS IS A JOKE

Anyway that house looks like one of those idyllic houses.

Awesome dude, aren't you living in a trailer right now? That's one hell of a step up.

Hope it isn't one of those dodgy sub-prime mortgages.

Woah, very nice. That's what $300k gets you in the US of A? Here, that's pretty much a broom closet. I wanna emigrate.

God damn thats a really nice house for 300k. I live in Jersey though and everything here is expensive.

Congratulations.

300K around my area would get you probably just a townhouse, property of your size and quality would probably run close to at least $1 million+. Living in a top 20 county in the US does this for us.

I'm always amazed that American houses always seem to have one bathroom per person. We had one bathroom in my family (four people) when we grew up, and it was just fine.

Anyway, congrats, it looks great.

No, the .5 is where the .5 of your 2.5 children go, of course.

Awesome dude, aren't you living in a trailer right now? That's one hell of a step up.

Hope it isn't one of those dodgy sub-prime mortgages.

Yes I am in my parents lake house which is a trailer but it was just a transition place to stay. I just couldn't buy anything until my house sold. Mortgage rates are actually low right now.

I work for a corporate style dental practice in a rural area. I would say half or more of my patients are medicaid.I tell you what I pull a lot of teeth out of some of the most under served people in my area. It's actually fun to extract teeth. I'm getting better and better at treating little kids. Almost all the kids I see are paid with medicaid. The only negative is to make a good living I have to do very high volume with so much medicaid as the fees are low. I am learning more and more procedures such as mini-implants but most of my patients can't afford much more than basic drill n fill dentistry. It's ok with me as long as I can cover my cost of living and have a little extra.

Woah, very nice. That's what $300k gets you in the US of A? Here, that's pretty much a broom closet. I wanna emigrate.

Depends on where you are in the country really. In Texas 300k can get you some really nice looking new houses(not sure on construction, though they look great)... but that same 300k in California will get you some really shitty old houses.

Congrats on fulfilling one dream, here's to you fulfilling all the others (even the ones to come!)

Holy shit. My first "house" is gonna cost me 350k for a 600sqf (if I'm lucky) apartment. Vancouver :rolling:.

I'm always amazed that American houses always seem to have one bathroom per person. We had one bathroom in my family (four people) when we grew up, and it was just fine.

Don't be silly. This is not commonplace in the US. I've lived in only two places that had more than 1.5 bathrooms, and one was a two family house, and the other was a 4 room apartment. Every other place has had either 1 bathroom for everyone or 1.5.

where I live, a house like that would go for about $600k

Congrats

Where I live, a house like that would go for several million.

Don't be silly. This is not commonplace in the US. I've lived in only two places that had more than 1.5 bathrooms, and one was a two family house, and the other was a 4 room apartment. Every other place has had either 1 bathroom for everyone or 1.5.

The only place I have ever lived that had 1 bathroom was a duplex. Even this trailer has 2 bathrooms. I could never live in a big urban area or up north. I am so used to having lots of space/privacy. I can't stand houses that are right up next to eachother.

The American diet requires that Americans have one bathroom per family member. Otherwise the diarrhea isn't going to end up in a toilet.

My parents house has but one bathroom.

I don't see any machine gun mounts in the windows yet.

M240.jpg

I bet you can't wait to unpack.

Congrats, nice house.

My parents' house has two bathrooms, but one is kinda crappy and just has a very small shower. I've always lived in urban areas with everything densely packed, so seeing rural houses on multi-acre plots of land kinda weirds me out. Planning to do anything cool with all that space?

You can move to De Achterhoek. That is pretty much the Oklahoma of the Netherlands.

I can't shoot my firearms on the 5 acres because there is a covenant. It's not very restrictive but it does say no shooting. I could get away with my suppressed .22's if I really wanted to as about 3/4's of the property is woods behind it. At least I am close to public land that I can shoot on.

I did buy a Gamo Whisper pellet gun just for having fun and taking care of tree rat's if needed or rabbits for when we have a garden (air guns are not firearms here). That and decent recurve bow for some archery practice. I have seen wild turkey's on the property. I wonder how hard it is to de-feather a turkey. I'm awesome with my propane deep fryer for turkey but I have always used store bought birds.

ITT: People realize houses cost different amounts depending on where they are built.

On the way to my house on one of the roads is a trailer. There are many like it all over the place. My house is not near it really but it is on the way It is out of city limits. Anyways there is a mountain of black trashbags on one side of the driveway. We're talking about 6' tall 8'diameter if I had to guess maybe bigger. The bags are straight garbage like decaying festering maggot covered nastiness. I keep meaning to take a pic. It is quite unbelievable. It is like a 1/2 acre lot so the trash is fairly close to at least 2 neighbors. I have seen this on a 5 hour bus ride through Southern Mexico, and South America, but never in the U.S. I have seen some nasty people and complete dumps. Just never a mountain of rotting garbage out right in front of your home. I wonder if there is a rat problem. I bet they could be on Hoarders.

Yeah, $300k in CA will get you a nice cardboard box.

Congrats on the house, man. 5 acres, damn. That's fancy.

Yearly income here is probably much much lower than in Cali but your dollar buys way more. I bet my carbon foot print for my family is enormous to be honest but I can afford that here in Oklahoma. Cheap gas and energy.

That's fair enough really, you live to your limits and all that. Home is where you want to be home after all. Looks lovely, I wish you many happy years there!

If you need any help, I've got a couple of Irish mates who could build you a pair of watchtowers out front and lay a minefield round the back. Shamus will need payment up front though.

Yearly income here is probably much much lower than in Cali but your dollar buys way more. I bet my carbon foot print for my family is enormous to be honest but I can afford that here in Oklahoma. Cheap gas and energy.

No. We have, at the moment I believe, the largest debt of all the states. Our economy is terrible.

arnoldk.jpg

“To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say, Don't be economic girlie men!”

No. We have, at the moment I believe, the largest debt of all the states. Our economy is terrible.

I meant to say your dollar buys more here in Oklahoma not Cali. I didn't word that so well. Writing is not my strength.

congrats

and you guys need to stop rediscovering economics in this thread

Back