The Godfather (?)

Sprafa

Tank
Reaction score
It's listed as the best movie ever made in IMDB, and hell, I disagree.

It's a terribly good movie, possibly one of the best of all times, but not The Best.

I agree, citizen Kane or Casablanca would have been my choice

I could never get into the godfather trilogy, or any of those mafia/ganster films

But this is the IMDB, hardly known for its professionalism or accuracy these days.

-

Citizen Kane was great though

Might not have entertained you, but the Godfather is probably the best put together film I've ever seen. It's classic. It's got everything you could think of in textbook filmmaking (in a good way, not a shitty student film way like that monstrous asshole darren aronofsky.)

Me? My favorite film of all time is probably Waiting for Guffman.

It was also a film which proved that Marlon Brando could act, to many peoples suprise.

mattgirv said:
It was also a film which proved that Marlon Brando could act, to many peoples suprise.

ummmmm no ....big NO

Street Car named Desire, On the Waterfront, The Wild One, Last Tango in Paris etc ...ring a bell?

Well I didn't think he was all too great before The Godfather. Afterwards is another matter.

ah he was terrible after Godfather (the exception being Apocolypse now) ...remember:

The Island of Dr. Moreau of Dr. Moreau
Don Juan DeMarco
The Freshman
even superman was caca compared to his earlier roles ..Mutiny on the bounty (original), Along the Waterfront ...classic.

Brando will always be the definative Stanley Kowalski ..no one else can do justice to the role ......"STELLLLLLAAAAAA"!!!

CptStern said:
ah he was terrible after Godfather (the exception being Apocolypse now) ...remember:

The Island of Dr. Moreau of Dr. Moreau
Don Juan DeMarco
The Freshman
even superman was caca compared to his earlier roles ..Mutiny on the bounty (original), Along the Waterfront ...classic.

Brando will always be the definative Stanley Kowalski ..no one else can do justice to the role ......"STELLLLLLAAAAAA"!!!

In Dry White Season he was pretty good.

didnt see that ...brando kind of became this really strange recluse after Apocolypse now ..the stories of him talking to himself and rambling incoherently on set are legendary

Sprafa said:
It's listed as the best movie ever made in IMDB, and hell, I disagree.

It's a terribly good movie, possibly one of the best of all times, but not The Best.
That's a matter of opinion. And I wouldn't call IMDB a definitive source either.
As for me, Casablanca is #1. Citizen Kane and Shawshank don't even rank Top 10 imo.

IMHO Shawshank Redemption should take the no. 1 spot and Godfather no. 2. I loved Godfather. ROTK no. 2? No ****ing way. It was good, but not worthy of the no. 2 spot.

IMHO shawshank was mediocre at best ..I wouldnt put it in my top 100 list ..so many movies that are far better than shawshank ...too hollywood predictable

Cool Hand Luke is THE definitive prison movie ..although Papillion is quite good as well

I'm really not a Godfather fan, at all. I've seen it a few times, and I just don't see what's so great about it. It's just an ok movie in my book.

Back