The Hunger Games

Dandan

Medic
Reaction score

Seems interesting, never heard of the series before until now. Apparently is a young adult trilogy but me thinks I can read them quick before the movies come out

I've read the books, and as much as that looks like a good movie...

Well there's just something that isn't quite there, if that makes any sense. I guess I'm just falling victim to the "it's not like the books" syndrome, but I just feel like they're shooting really high and there's a certain spark missing from the trailer. I'll reserve judgment, and hope for the best.

I really liked the books(even made a thread on it that noone ever responded to!) but I am ENTIRELY disinterested in the movie. Looks dumb. Looks RETARDED and completely unlike what I imagined in the books.

I haven't touched the books and that looks pretty iffy.

Edit: Also film forum?

Never heard of the book/s, but ill end up watching this. I'm be in no rush to the cinema though

Started reading the first Hunger Games book, but I can't stand present-tense for some reason.

Hmm... It really does look like a western knock off of Battle Royale.

Edit: In fact, having just read the wikipedia article on it it seems to to be exactly that.

Hmm... It really does look like a western knock off of Battle Royale.

Edit: In fact, having just read the wikipedia article on it it seems to to be exactly that.

You could start saying everything is a knockoff of everything else, since pretty much everything has been done in fiction before.

I've watched Battle Royale(not read the book), and I can say the two are nothing alike. The only similarity is that kids are forced to kill each other or be killed. That's the only similarity and the similarity is so generic that I wouldn't really call it a knockoff.

Back