The Mandatory Rate the last gig you Witnessed.

The Mars Volta 8.5/10

i didnt really expect much from them this tour. because of the new direction their taking, their saxophonist and rhythm guitarist were asked to leave the band, and the jamming out went with it. i saw them last year in september and they played 8 songs, most of which were jammed out. however, despite these songs being in their most basic form, the band played extremely well. cedric's microphone was a little low, but that was fixed mid performance. they played the new house of blues venue in boston which is really nice, it didnt get hot at all which i thought was a standard for a GA show (this being my first). they had really trippy backdrops which had some sort of thing where depending on what lights were shined on it, different images would appear. i thought about smoking before the show, but im glad i didnt, that shit wouldve freaked me the **** out. i wasnt right up against the rail like i wanted, but i was only a row of people back so it wasnt a big deal. in between one of the songs, the drummer snuck away behind their gong and smoke started pluming out from behind it, i got a real kick out of that. i ****ing loved it, and cant wait for them to come back next time. i took exactly a hundred pictures, but i wont flood the site and post em here. i wouldve given them a 10, but the sound problems and stale setlist hindered it a little, but it was still kickass.

Setlist:
1. Son et Lumiere
2. Inertiatic ESP
3. Goliath
4. Cotopaxi
5. Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)
6. Viscera Eyes
7. Halo of Nembutals
8. Eunuch Provocateur
9. Ilyena
10. Teflon
11. Drunkship of Lanterns
12. Luciforms
13. The Widow
14. Wax Simulacra

Damn I totally wanted to go to that show and I missed it.

they played the new house of blues venue in boston which is really nice,

Is it? I haven't actually been yet, but I was pretty disappointed with the House of Blues that I went to quite a few times when I lived in Orlando.

Damn I totally wanted to go to that show and I missed it.

Is it? I haven't actually been yet, but I was pretty disappointed with the House of Blues that I went to quite a few times when I lived in Orlando.

the main thing i was worried about was whether or not it was going to be hot as balls, which it wasnt. other than that its pretty spacious and has two floor levels (one in front, and one raised a half a foot).

Yeah, a lot of places in Boston / Cambridge (The Middle East, The Paradise) are great but get so fricken overheated.

I really like it, but it suffers from the same overheating problem. I'm not sure how it is in the winter, but I last went in July or so and it was awful.

Mr. Big is coming to my country, man I'd love to watch Paul Gil. tear it out..

Them Crooked Vultures - 25/10
New York

Amazing. Simply, amazing.

Jpj was excellent. I shit my pants when he played a 12 string bass with lights in the frets.

12 string bass
I didn't even know such an instrument existed
colon-D.gif

Mutoid-MaN it's cool that you like Ween, I haven't had a chance to see them live.

As for me, I saw two shows in the past two nights.

Galactic at the Cat's Cradle, in Chapel Hill NC, Oct 25 - 9/10
This is the third time I've seen Galactic (saw them in both 2006 and 2007) and definitely the best of all three shows, even though the earlier ones gave it some pretty steep competition. They were playing with a rapper as a frontman who in fact spent most of his time jamming the **** out on the trombone. He got up to all kinds of shit like soloing and wandering around the crowd (small venue, ~100-200 people there), crowd surfing etc. I generally am in the front at Galactic shows and this was no different. I don't know if it was the venue or if Galactic is just exceptionally funky this year but it was a great show. As per usual their Zeppelin cover was my favorite part.

KMFDM, also at the Cradle, on Oct 26 - 8/10
Excellent show but pretty goddamn different from Galactic the night before. First time seeing KMFDM and it was all I wanted it to be. They put on one hell of a show and I had a blast dancing with the stupidly cute girl next to me. Lucia Cifarelli is one HELL of a presence onstage and Sascha Konietzko is a force as well. They're really active and communicative with their crowd and we got them back on stage for three encores. I'd love to see them again.

398006b4002c.jpg

The venue both of these shows were at is awesome. It's tiny and personal and it's really easy to meet the musicians a lot of the time since they come out through the venue. I didn't get a chance to meet KMFDM (although I talked to the female vocalist of Angelspit, the opener, at the merch table for a minute) but I did snag an air high five from Jeff Raines, the SICK ****ING NASTY guitarist for Galactic who I was right in front of for most of the show. In the past I've talked to some of the Def Jux artists supporting El-P's tour and I'm hoping to get a chance to meet Pretty Lights or Lotus at their shows next month.

Why? - 9/10

I love small venues. I feel that fact is necessary when thinking about my rating.

It was at a bar thing called The Blind Pig in Ann Arbor, MI. It took us about two and a half hours to get there. It was awesome. This place had so much personality. The bathrooms which were absolutely disgusting had shit all over the walls and had trough-like urinals. Maybe this description isn't necessary but, again, the venue was really ****ing cool.

The first opening band, Dark Dark Dark, was pretty ****ing cool. It was kinda odd with no percussion through their entire set, but the combination of folky singing with a piano, accordion, trumpet and guitar was really cool. People were talking rather loud through their set which was rude and the lead singer actually made a comment regarding that. Their style was completely different than most music I've heard so it was refreshing.

The second opener was very meh. Called AU, it was a lot of noise with fast paced drumming and screaming. It really didn't hold my attention.

Then Why? took the stage. God, was it awesome. The entire crowd was in to it and it was really us just singing along with Yoni. He was laughing, making jokes in between songs. It was really homey, as if we were all just relaxing in a house, playing some music together. The set list was solid, a good mix of new stuff from their new album and older songs. They actually played a song from Hymie's Basement (which is a duo of Yoni and a DJ named Andrew Broder) which was really ****ing awesome as I love Hymie's Basement. Wolf on drums was awesome, too. His drum set includes a full xylophone which is just bad ass.

I was having a really shitty weekend, me hitting a deer and ****ing up my car among other things that happened, and Yoni and crew really took my mind off everything.

Oh, and I got a sweet t-shirt.

**** YEAH WHY

Saw him two nights ago at the Grey Eagle in Asheville. Very small/intimate venue, the
stage is pretty much floor level so it feels like you're in a basement show. The opening act was some rapper who just rapped kind of incoherently to semi-impressive synth lines. Yoni was awesome though, he played most of Alopecia and a song or two from Elephant Eyelash as well. I'm not huge on his new CD, but the songs sounded really good live. To top it all off, I got to meet him after the show.

Also saw Black Lips at the Orange Peel on Wednesday. The Orange Peel is a pretty big venue, can hold about 1,000 people, and it probably wasn't even a quarter of the way full. They put on a killer set, and the crowd got really into it, but I wish they had played at the Eagle.

A Fine Frenzy - One of (if not the best) live shows I've ever seen.

Absu (04/11/09, Academy 2, Dublin)

My first metal gig in years, so it was fitting that it was for a band that hasn't toured properly in years either, although technically the drummer's the only original member left. Great material, flawless and intense performance. They were plagued by gremlins in the works however, which, along with the infuriating 11pm inner city curfew, made me wish I could have caught them in the UK. I hear they played until 1:30am in Plymouth... that's a real ****ing gig.

Couple of clips:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66GpZrPW6Ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkoysqdo994I'm microscopically visible towards the end of the second clip, as the pale-shirted fist-pumper to the far right.

The Vienna Symphony Orchestra (Wiener Musik Verein, 20-11-2009)

Just got back from a weekend in Vienna. Luckily enough I was able to attend a 'gig' in one of the most famous concert halls in the world. You might associate the Musik Verein with colossal hangovers, because it is the place where the New Years concert is broadcast from every year on January 1st. Great places too; we sat on the podium, behind the orchestra.

Vienna's symphony orchestra might not be as famous as its big brother the Philharmoniker, but they played brilliantly nonetheless. Before the intermission Schubert's 'Death and the Maiden', adapted for string orchestra by Gustav Mahler, and after three ouvertures from Wagner operas, Reinzi, the Tanhäuser and Tristan und Isolde.

Wagner is always spectacular. Being so close to the musicians (we sat behind the bass and horn section) was an experience in itself. The Schubert piece was the most beautiful though, the second movement especially. Goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfTB80lNBrU

DO MAKE SAY THINK in Pittsburgh - 11/10

Normally I would rate concerts at 9/10 or 10/10 unless they suck. But this one gets bonus points for the crazy circumstances of trying to get in a sold out show.

I took the bus there and found out they were sold out (insane, I didn't realize they were that popular here), and apparently I'm just not special enough to get in. So I wait an hour and try again to no avail. There were seriously a bunch of dejected people hanging out outside the place. I figure it's over so I wait at the bus stop... for a bus that never came :frown:. During this time...

-A lady walked by and asked if I wanted to buy some dvds from her
-Another lady at the bus stop asked for $2 and I was like "heck I'm not using it anyways" so I gave it to her
-I chatted with a homeless dude and gave him my fake name. I've been waiting for the moment when I can give a stranger my fake name for a long time. Yesssss.

And then... I started talking to a couple of people who came out from the venue to wait for the bus back, and they said, "The people were too noisy and obnoxious so we left." I'm like, "Oh... wait, you have tickets?" And then they gave me their ticket stub to get in! For free!

I go in, and Do Make Say Think has just started playing. Even though I went by myself which generally sucks, I'm a lot less subconscious about head-bobbing when nobody I know is around, which makes things way more fun. I can't think of any songs I really wanted to hear that didn't get played. Say was somewhere near the middle, The Universe! was at the end (which I would've been satisfied with), and for encore they played Do and Auberge le Mouton Noir (my favorite!).

I also bought a nice shirt and used the money I saved off the ticket to get myself a cab (and generously overpay the driver because tonight is awesome and it was raining crazy hard and the bus didn't appear to be coming). My only regret is not paying the nice dude for his unwanted ticket. I did offer but he said "You can have it" and I was so excited I was like "THANK YOU SO MUCH" and ran off. I'm hoping good things will come his way!

Earlier today I won two tickets to see Fanfarlo next Saturday so I'll probably drag someone along with me. Fun times.

I had a chance to go to see Themselves for free and even hang out with the band before/after, but I couldn't make it. ****ing beating myself up over it now.

Muse - Sheffield Arena - sometime in November - 7/10

It wasn't as good as previous shows which shocked the hell out of me, but to be fair, its the venue more than anything, considering my mate who came with me went and saw them in Liverpool a few days later and said it was mind blowing. The intro is one of the best things I have seen, and all their new tracks sounded immense live (even though they didn't play MK Ultra :( ). Surprisingly, Guiding Light I thought was the song of the night, which made me laugh, but bloody hell it was epic.

All and all, it was a Muse gig and therefore really good, but I did leave a bit deflated considering other gigs of there's I have been too have left me speechless, but like I said, I had a feeling when walking in, that it was a dire venue.

All Tomorrow's Parties: Nightmare Before Christmas
12/4-12/6

MY BLOODY VALENTINE
SONIC YOUTH
DE LA SOUL
E.P.M.D.
SUN RA ARKESTRA
THE HORRORS
BUZZCOCKS
SPECTRUM
****ED UP
LE VOLUME COURBE
THE WOUNDED KNEES
THE PASTELS
J MASCIS AND THE FOG
LILYS
A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS
WITCH
BOB MOULD
SWERVEDRIVER
DIRTY THREE
PRIMAL SCREAM
YO LA TENGO
BRIGHTBLACK MORNING LIGHT
SERENA MANEESH
THE MEMBRANES
ARIEL PINK
JOSH T. PEARSON
LIGHTNING BOLT
THAT PETROL EMOTION
MUM
HARMONY ROCKETS
TH' FAITH HEALERS
SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS
ROBIN GUTHRIE
NO AGE
THE ROBERT COYNE OUTFIT
THE PAINS OF BEING PURE AT HEART
TELEVISION PERSONALITIES
GEMMA HAYES
THE TYDE

Rating 10/10
Seeing MBV 3 days in a row was ****ing awesome, although I developed a bad case of tinnitus. It was worth it though, felt like being totally destroyed by sound. Sonic Youth sounded incredible, and they played a bunch of songs off of Daydream Nation, which made me really happy. J. Mascis blew my mind, that dude is a man amongst worms. I don't have enough Dinosaur Jr. in my life.

Here's a recording of MBV from the second night. They were unbelievably loud, it was awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZ9UeIUuOY

Placebo - Manchester GMEX - 8/10

Very enjoyable and very unique. They used a backing singer/electric violinist/piano player along with a studded bass player and a third guitarist added to the set, and the impact was huge. Every song was ace but I was most impressed with the songs from the latest album, some being the highlight of the night. Definitely one of the most consistent bands around imo.

Fanfarlo at Brillobox (Pittsburgh, PA) - 8.5 to 9/10

Fun band to watch, great performers. They only have one album so there wasn't really much surprise as to what songs they played (also their setlist was lying out on the stage so I kinda saw parts of it :p). Trumpet was fantastic. They started off with a pretty mellow song with just three of them, then the other three joined them and they played "I'm a Pilot." At that point, they lit up the Christmas lights strung up behind them :). It's a really small stage and the wallpaper at Brillobox has really old-style patterning, so the lights+venue ended up being really warm and homey. More bands should use Christmas lights! Highlights were "The Walls Are Coming Down" and "Luna" because I really am a big fan of the trumpeting. It was very march-like at some points which was cool. The lady played musical saw on one song, mandolin on a few, some keyboards, and violin on most of the songs. Very multi-talented. And then for encore they threw out those tubes that you spin around to make that weird "whoooo"-ing noise, so the audience got to have some fun. It was like being in high school physics class except AWESOME and hilarious.

Ramblings about merch purch-es:
I ended up buying a shirt. Apparently I buy three things spontaneously -- books, plants, and concert merch. But I never want to buy cds because I just stick it in my computer, save it, and never use the cd again. Somehow I've gotten spoiled on Explosions in the Sky shirts costing only $10 at shows (yeah seriously, gotta love those guys), so now having to spend $20 is like, "Dang... but I want a shirt... but it's so expensive... but I got a free ticket so I should probably buy something to make up for it." The lighting at the venue also sucks so much that I can't actually tell what color the shirt is until I get home. Last time at the DMST show, I asked to buy "the brown shirt" when the only colors were gray and black, because the lighting was reddish. This time, I ended up getting a white shirt with a bright green grid with bright orange dots on it. I seriously didn't expect bright green. It looks like it might be one of those optical illusions where the dots appear to move around if you stare at it which could be cool, but I'm not seeing anything happening. Hopefully I can manage not to look fruity wearing it :eek:.

Opening band was Freelance Whales. They were pretty good although I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them. There were some neat instruments (something that looked like a mounted accordion, banjo, some bowed guitar thrown in for one song). They rotated instruments/positions on stage a lot, which was amusing. I give them 6 to 7/10 for being likable and at least interesting. They made me realize how much I prefer instrumental music over vocals. So far, no vocal band I've seen has ever topped a good instrumental band.

[edit] Just saw some videos online from the show. You can kinda see how small and warm the venue is :). I was standing just to the right of where the edge of his video goes to. I love the end of this version of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ60Dccjelo

I just got back from ATP 10th Year Anniversary. It was ridiculous. I heard from a few folk that stayed the next week from MBV that they were incredibly loud, but I caught two set's of Sunn, one playing the Grimmrobe Demos, and then the Monoliths & Dimensions set, so... yeah. :p

**** my ears hurt.

image021s.jpg

WHY?, Toto's Montecristo Room. +/10

Absolutely brilliant. This gig turned into an unofficial bFM christmas party, and so there were about 150 people there, in an underground concrete bunker, at least half of whom I at least recognised. And someone had done some sort of elaborate deal so there was free beer and yes it was GREAT.

Part of the reason I liked it so much was that I had absolutely no idea what to expect, and no idea of what they'd be like live.

The set was quite short, about an hour and a bit, but what was awesome was how into it everyone there was - at one point I looked outside to the smoking area/entrance, and it was completely empty, something I've never ever seen at that venue. The whole gig became really personal, like everyone there was just there, and everyone stayed for the whole thing and loved every minute of it.

Yoni was flailing around on stage, and looked absolutely insane. The drummer was hitting the light above him with his drum sticks, and at one point one of the guitarists pressed the top of his guitar against the roof, and spun around it while still playing.

It was great; everyone was singing along, everyone was super into it. Plus it was free god DAMN I love you bFM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - blewmyf*ckingmind/10

Honestly it is the second best show I've ever seen (nothing ever beats Rush.. That was amazing), I don't care even if you don't like this music - this show will rock your ass off, it was amazing. I recommend it to literally ANYONE. It blew my mind it was amazing. The violin player was awesome, she was like headbanging while playing - made violin look a billion times more cool then it already was. She was hot as hell too.

Here are the pics I took, I have some videos too, but they suck, I'll just keep them for myself (nostalgia and all that).

http://img163.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sdc11902.jpg

Those last few pics - it was a platform that shot smoke and lasers out the bottom while it rose into the air.

My last show review got published on an online music magazine! Woot!

http://www.thedelimagazine.com/port...rlington&itemId=231261&mode=comments#comments

On Saturday night, the [dog] and [pony] DVD Release Party was held at SPACE Gallery. [dog] and [pony] is a local filmmaker team that documents performances of local Portland bands and musicians and edits footage of them to capture the essence of their performances. [dog] and [pony] started in March of this year with an intimate performance by Dead End Armory, followed by one of Highway Jackson. If you know both of those bands, you'll understand that [dog] and [pony] is aiming to find the great diversity of Portland music, with Dead End Armory's alt-country/rock and Highway Jackson's southern rock style.

Phat 10

Where I saw

• Undertow
  • Salmonella Dub
  • Agent Alvin
  • Marky + Stamina MC
  • Pendulum
  • Black Sun Empire [!]
  • Skream & Benga
  • Organikismness
  • The Upbeats [! !]
  • Hype & Daddy Earl
  • Bad Company UK & MC Lowqui
  • Spor [! ! !]
  • The Black Seeds
  • Kora
  • Kryptic Mindz

I have more to tell about it than I can possibly ever be bothered typing, really. But holy **** I saw a lot of shitting amazing acts, got incredibly muddy, freaked out pill-heads with my sweet rave costume, and had a ****ing fantastic time.

Renegades (Feeder side project) - Ruby Lounge, Manchester - 10/10

Absolutely blown away. I was going expecting their usual punky pop songs but I came out as if I just seen Nirvana. They have gone VERY heavy, the guitar tone used was just spine crushing, and the general sound was loud even for me. Played just one Feeder classic, one or two covers, the rest was all their new material which is going to be released on Feeder's next album, which I certainly cannot wait for. Honestly, if these guys are playing near you in UK, or when they do a UK tour after the album is released, go and see them. Probably one of the best live experiences I have ever witnessed.

going to see the Used and Atreyu tomorrow. its been about 7 month since I've been to a show!

The Used/Atreyu concert 9/10

Very great show, one of the best in recent years. the opening act sucks but got us all pumped up. Then Atreyu came through like a freight train. I can't believe I haven't heard much of their music. I've heard them at Warped Tours in the past but now I have more respect for them. Then came The Used and they played plenty of music for us. i was really blown away and since they are in my top 5 favorite artists I can safely say it was well worth the trip out. Most of the people that wanted to crowd surf were chicks so naturally I was one of those guys who would always hoist up about half of them in my line of sight. It got somewhat tiring and I did get kicked in the head but it was really fun. After the show we saw a girl in a stretcher crying. Also my friend got his iPhone signed and I got a $20 bill and my ticket signed by the Used. I wish I had brought something better to sign but it nice to see them up close.

30 Seconds to Mars - MEN Arena, Manchester - 8/10

Was a lot of fun. The music itself was good but nothing special really, but it was the showmanship from Jared Leto that was made the night. He commands the crowd like no one I have ever seen before, and he isn't afraid of them, he must have crowd surfed about 3 times, once he jumped right on top of me and my mates lol. Played the main stage at the front for the half the set, then the band vanished backstage, 5 minutes later Leto appeared right at the top corner of the venue and played a few acoustic songs by himself, and then the band suddenly appeared on a stage in the center of the room, and while they were playing The Kill he crowd surfaced down to the said stage, played a few songs there, only to reappear back on the front stage to finish the night. Was crazy.

30 Seconds to Mars - MEN Arena, Manchester - 8/10

Was a lot of fun. The music itself was good but nothing special really, but it was the showmanship from Jared Leto that was made the night. He commands the crowd like no one I have ever seen before, and he isn't afraid of them, he must have crowd surfed about 3 times, once he jumped right on top of me and my mates lol. Played the main stage at the front for the half the set, then the band vanished backstage, 5 minutes later Leto appeared right at the top corner of the venue and played a few acoustic songs by himself, and then the band suddenly appeared on a stage in the center of the room, and while they were playing The Kill he crowd surfaced down to the said stage, played a few songs there, only to reappear back on the front stage to finish the night. Was crazy.

I saw them at a Warped Tour 3 years ago and they threw a good show. Had it not been one of the hottest days of the year then I would have been moving around more then in the crowd but it was like 107 degrees with the humidity low air flow and being near the asphalt with $8 expensive drinks. I remember a lot of chicks passed out that day.

So I saw The Motherf*cking Gaslamp Killer at Toto Bacco.

It was pretty good. One of his turntables wasn't working.

"Aight Auckland, I'm the motherf*cking Gaslamp Killer. This shit is f*ucked up, but you know what? I don't give a f*ck. Y'all about to see something very special, I'm gonna do this whole f*cking show with one f*cking turntable." [crowd cheers]

I mean it was a bit of a mess, it was in a concrete bunker, the bass was way too loud, the sound was all over the place, and he had only one turntable. But the sheer range of the stuff he was playing (he dropped Everything In It's Right Place by Radiohead as well as Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin) and his complete, insane, manic energy, flinging himself around stage, air-guitaring perfectly along to guitar solos, cutting out the music to manically laugh into a mic for five seconds, really made it a completely entertaining show. There was a lot of crappy dubstep, but there was a lot of great dubstep, a few new Flying Lotus tunes, some psychedelic rock, some old-school hip-hop... It was well worth it.

Dark Dark Dark at Morning Glory Coffeehouse in Pittsburgh -- perfect

Just wow. The most beautiful little show I've ever seen. I can't say I've been to a ton of shows but this ranks way up there, somewhere in top 3 to 5. They played in a small coffeehouse (perfect venue for them). Everyone sat on the floor/couch/table or stood crammed in the door. Easily the most respectful crowd I've ever seen. Seemed like very nice folks, and there was absolutely zero talking or retarded drunken stupidity during the music -- but a nice balance with amusing silly banter between band/audience before the show and in between songs.

As for the music -- perfect as well. They played one old-ish song (All the Things), five of the songs on their new ep, and a bunch (four or five?) of awesome ultra-new songs that will probably be on the full-length coming out this summer. Plenty of instrument swapping going on among the five band members (piano, accordion, banjo, drums, clarinet, trumpet, upright bass... I think I got them all). And the vocals are gorgeous. They seemed like genuinely nice, down-to-earth folks as well, which never hurts. Highlights for me were All the Things and Wild Goose Chase, which start off with just Nona singing and on accordion/piano, but then the trumpet and other instruments come in and it's just plain wonderful. Also really enjoyed one of the new songs.

I wish I had taken a camera along to get a couple of pictures (seriously, I have never seen a more perfect match-up of band/venue/audience and probably never will again). I did buy a nice shirt though. Wish I had remembered to drop some money in the donation jar. This was actually the sixth straight free show I've been to (although I just buy merch at all of them). By the way, did I mention that this show was perfect? Because it was. They seem to be playing mostly at similarly small venues the rest of their tour. I highly recommend seeing them.

Next up may be Unwed Sailor in a couple of weeks, probably playing to a very sparse audience. I won free tickets to this, but might not go, although I'm tempted to add another onto my free-show streak. Mono is also playing here with The Twilight Sad. Was pretty confident on going to that last month, but now kind of iffy on that one too.

[edit] Someone posted videos. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zb3q7bc_J8

Unfortunately they don't swing the camera around, but the place was packed. And you could hear a pin drop. Amazing.

John Grant (from The Czars) and Midlake @ The TLA in Philadelphia on April 10, 2010.

10/10

John Grant (whom most of the crowd had not heard of) absolutely stole the show. Midlake played with him as they do on his new album, Queen of Denmark, and every song was a magical moment in time because John has such a beautiful voice and gets completely into every song he performs. Midlake on their own afterward were good, but simply could not compare to the musical genius that is John Grant. Here's a clip from one of the shows recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0ggk0eITg

Last night (ie this morning) I saw Klute at Zen.
I missed him at new years, so it was excellent to see him. Tickets were overpriced, as usual. He's really an excellent DJ, let down by the fact that, like many DJs at Zen, there's an element of playing to the crowd - playing rowdy tunes for gurning morons to skank to. There was some very interesting tech/minimal/half-step stuff in there, in amongst the mid-range club bangers. An excellent night, though, helped by my RCs.

And holy shit didn't write a review of this but I saw mother****ing Massive Attack at Vector Arena about a month ago. Yes that's right front row yes that's right I saw Massive Attack play Mezzanine live ****ing damn right it was awesome as shit.

I saw Devin Townsend live a little over a month ago, I'd give it 9.999(recurring)/10.

Everything about the show just seemed casual, natural to him. He had the kind of stage presence that made it feel more like I was just spending an evening with him and his band rather than going to a gig, he even made buttsex jokes when his in-ears broke and a guy ran out to fix it behind him, fondling the power pack hanging off his belt.

Rob Zombie/ Alice Cooper 8/10

My friend and I had lawn seats but nothing was more irritating than seeing a coworker there with 2 hot chicks half his age. it was a crystal clean concert but even now i feel drunk. thank god for my HTC Incredible and Navigation or otherwise I'd end up in Canada and raped in prison

Back