The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor? by Orbital.

This is, by far, the best dance techno I've heard.

Radiohead - 2+2=5

also Queen - You're My Best Friend

"F Train" by Squarepusher

Mess your head up with triangular energy, pin-point fragments, and infinite parallel ports.

Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up

A strange video for a strange song. I really can't decide whether or not I like it. lol

Deftones - Change (In The House of Flies) (Acoustic)

Squarepusher - The Exploding Psychology

... this song makes me feel like I'm being dragged on my face through a circuit breaker oblivion, if that makes any sense. Like the surface of the Death Star, but inside of a computer processor, and I'm getting torn to pieces on the rough surface, but it's amazing anyway.

Squarepusher is so hard to understand but once you see what they're getting at, as far as a musical goal, it's some of the most ridiculous, interesting music ever.

He's one of the few artists who I find constantly interacting with his audience through his albums. It's like at some point he thought people just didn't "get it", so he kept throwing curveball after curveball, waging war on his fans. How else do you explain quotes like this?

Because it is obscure, but not totally inaccessible, this makes it cool. This makes stupid people buy it. One day their children will dust it off and play it, and realise that I am the supreme musical genius of my generation. This means I'll still be able to play gigs when I'm an old fart with no ideas. Hopefully.

It's really the only way to explain the succession from Music Is Rotted One Note, to Do You Know Squarepusher? (aptly titled), and then the expository Ultravisitor.

Then, after years of swearing at everybody and calling himself the ****ing daddy, he put on a pink shirt and made nice on BBC's culture show. Regardless of personality, you know he has to be doing something right when people like Thom Yorke and Andre 3000 want to work with him, Flea calls him the best bass player alive, and the late John Peel struggled to get him on his show.

Squarepusher Interview

Squarepusher Philosophy

Joy Divsion- Insight.

Just got The Peel Recordings today, they're awesome.

I really like this song. I didn't know about Squarepusher till just now, are there any other of his songs like this one?

Closest I can think of is "Squarepusher Theme" from Hard Normal Daddy. Although most of the rest of Hello Everything seems to follow in a similar vein. Then there's a lot of other stuff which is hard, dark, and/or spastic.

Aphex Twin - Avril 14th

My birthday is April 14th... this is easily my favorite Aphex Twin song, and not just cause of that :D

Aphex Twin - Avril 14th

My birthday is April 14th... this is easily my favorite Aphex Twin song, and not just cause of that :D

Watch the video clips for Windowlicker and Come to Daddy.

Crazy shit.

I downloaded a bunch of NIN rarities and unreleased tracks. Overall, it's a pretty good listen. Collections like this revives your love for artists.

Last (Butch Vig Mix) by Nine Inch Nails.

Wow.

NIN's Woodstock performance was amazing. Just... found a very clear audio recording.

Gouge Away - Pixies

This song definitely shows how they influenced Nirvana.

yeah yeah yeahs - machine

definitely not an amazing song, but her voice makes it all worth the while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back