The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished listening to Ghost Love Score. I've listened to that song about 300 times (not joking). Everytime I hear it, it still amazes me that someone could write a song like that. That song should be nominated as the best song this half century.

A reverse-engineered MAX/MSP patch of "Liccfli" by Autechre

Head-explodey. Patch can be downloaded here.

The Tubbs Remix of Atlantic Conveyor's "New Way of Life" featuring Joe Dukie (Dallas from Fat Freddy's Drop)

Explosions in the Sky- The Moon Is Down

Quite possibly my favorite song ever.
Damn good song

A Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round the Side of Your Bed

Finally got some A Silver Mt. Zion after a few people here mentioned it. I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Chalk up another win for HL2.net.

Damn good song

A Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round the Side of Your Bed

Finally got some A Silver Mt. Zion after a few people here mentioned it. I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Chalk up another win for HL2.net.

that's actually the song i was listening to a while ago.

and damn it's so awesome. it makes me feel kinda sad though.

cat power - good woman

<3 chan marshall

DJ Shadow!!! Yuss!!! I just recently bought the Endtroducing... Deluxe Edition. Pretty good. But i want 'The Outsider'

Emakume Askea...Lur Askea by Skalariak. I think it might be french- babelfish gives me an error page when I try to translate it, which is the only language that did. The only thing I can be sure of, is it's not chinese, it's not dutch, it's not german, it's not greek, it's not italian, it's not japanese, it's not korean, it's not portuguese, and it's not spanish.

"Welcome to Europe" by Squarepusher

This song is just so god damn addicting. It's like, for once, he's decided to let the beat just ride along and focus all his attention on the swirling, symphonic melody.

Explosions in the Sky - Lonely Train

A favorite of mine, however depressing it makes me feel.

Now...

Explosions in the Sky - Birth and Death of the Day
Gets very chaotic in the middle... great song on a great new album by them.

Explosions in the Sky - Lonely Train

A favorite of mine, however depressing it makes me feel.

Now...

Explosions in the Sky - Birth and Death of the Day
Gets very chaotic in the middle... great song on a great new album by them.

<33333. I just found out they're coming to NC in March, I'm stoked, in fact I just got out Those Who Tell the Truth...

So that said..

Explosions in the Sky- Yasmin the Light.

<33333. I just found out they're coming to NC in March, I'm stoked, in fact I just got out Those Who Tell the Truth...

So that said..

Good stuff.
EitS is definitely one of the best post-rock bands out there.
Red Sparowes are damn good too, they add a great metal sound to the genre.

Red Sparowes - Alone and Unaware

So that said..

That's easily their best album IMO. "The Moon is Down" is probably my favorite song ever.

Anyway, Mogwai - Emergency Trap

Autechre - V.Proc

I'm trying to like Draft 7.30, but I'm not getting much out of it. :( Albiet, this is my first run through.

Iron and Wine - An Angry Blade

it's stunning how a song can be so hushed and yet so intense :D

Autechre - V.Proc

I'm trying to like Draft 7.30, but I'm not getting much out of it. :( Albiet, this is my first run through.

Didn't care for a lot of it at first either. Apart from "XYLIN ROOM" and "6IE.CR", I found myself skipping through a lot. It took me a good two or three months until I started enjoying it wholly. =\

saxon shore - angels and brotherly love

check these dudes aut if you like explosions in the sky

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole
black as your soul! i'd rather die than give you control! BOW DOWN BEFOOOORE THE ONE YOU SERVE YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE

Squarepusher - Greenways Trajectory

The Selector- The Selector

I simultaneously hate and love the selector. I don't know why.

I don't like two-tone much at all, actually...

Nine Inch Nails - The Art of Self Destruction, Part One

Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead

God this track is wicked! It's been a long time since I heard this good fresh MTV-rap.

I've been listening to a lot of Autechre, Gescom, Fatboy Slim, NIN, Tool and BoC over the course of my ban. At the moment? Mag 3.1426 by Gescom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back