.: The Matrix 1.0 available for Download!: Free Your Mind! :.

MoonQuake

Reaction score
Map Name: de_thematrix

Author: MoonQuake
Release Date: September 2nd, 2005
Number of Spawn Points: 50

Screenshots:

www.planethalflife.com/moonquake/images/de_thematrix01.jpg
www.planethalflife.com/moonquake/images/de_thematrix02.jpg
www.planethalflife.com/moonquake/images/de_thematrix03.jpg

Download mirrors so far:

www.wastelandsgaming.com
http://www.wastelandsgaming.com/viewtopic.php?t=915&start=165
The Official testers for The Matrix!
Thanks Zack

CS:S File of the Week at Filefront (halflife2.filefront.com)
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/CS_Source_The_Matrix_Map;46865
Thanks FF/Peace

FilePlanet
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planethalflife/MoonQuake/de_thematrix.zip

www.benadamski.com/shock/cs/de_thematrix.zip
From Shock

www.counterstrikers.net (link on front page)
From 3j3ct over at www.counterstrikers.net

http://home.planet.nl/~marjager/nlf...e_thematrix.zip
From Fritsie over at www.nlfunsource.nl

Boomtown.net
http://download.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=9155
From Jakob

HL2Files.de (German)
http://www.hl2files.de/?module=file...=190&file=dcc1a2dc5dc41fc20ffe422df601146b/0/
From KodY

Info:

Map Type: DE (Bomb/Defuse)
Bombsites Locations: Dojo and Office (look for transparent matrix code areas on the ground)
Available Weapons: Standard
Map Environment: part of a restricted system
Map Theme: The Matrix movies
Map's Time of Day: Day and night
Special Features: elevator and low gravity hot spots
Recommended/Maximum Players: 24/50 max
Custom Textures Used: yes
Custom Sounds Used: yes
.NAV File Included (for bots and locations): yes
Tips for this Map: "Free Your Mind"

Installation:

Extract the content of the ZIP file directly into your "cstrike" folder.

".../steam/steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike"

If you previously installed any old Matrix beta versions: delete the old BSPs and overwrite all the files when installing v1.0

Extract the images (JPG) somewhere else if you want to.

Having trouble Unzipping the ZIP? DO NOT use the windows ZIP utility, use Winrar or Winzip.

Changelog for the Matrix 1.0:

-Improved .NAV system for bots.
-Improved lobby breakable tiles.
-Improved elevator behavior.
-Made a few geometry changes for improved gameplay.
-Added new ambient sounds.
-Removed low gravity in the white room and added an additional entrance.
-Removed elevator damage.
-Removed matrix room damage.
-Changed Dojo destruction sequence.
-Enlarged ducts and bathrooms wall passage for easier access.
-Increased the size of the elevator for more room and less shakyness.
-Fixed backdoor corridors floor (funky colors).
-Other minor fixes

Major known issues with the Matrix 1.0:

-The elevator is still shaky. Elevators aren't working perfectly online because they bump into players and players bump into each other so sometimes you feel like everything's shaking. This will never be better until it is improved by Valve.

-Some walls aren't properly lit with the flashlight.(unknown bug)
-Some walls have low res lightmaps (shadow/lighting) and improper lighting. (same unknown bug)
-Some reflections look weird in rare cases. (same unknown bug)

-The elevator might be missing when you start a new round but short after, the doors shut and you can't see the problem anymore. This is a bug related to timers and outputs for certain objects. The timers don't reset between rounds in CS:S for unknown magical reasons.

-Limited bot support: they get stuck sometimes but everything is fine other than that. They are smart-asses that hide in ducts, use teleporters and use the elevator. They just get stuck from time to time.

There might still be bugs in the map. If so, contact me as soon as possible and a new version will be released to correct major bugs if any still exists.

Map Information for Geeks:

-This map took me 3 months to improve, from beta 1 to beta 3, and to this final version. (Hopefully the last one)

-Total build time in Hammer: 1h 48 min.

-This map has 3701 sources of light!

-This map has 1 easter egg, 1 hidden signature and 1 hidden message.

-Total players dead from failing the roof jump during testing: around 50

-% of players who made the jump the first time during testing: around 10% (excluding me, lol!)

Special Thanks:

-To my lovely girlfriend who supported me and has a lot of patience. xx
-To Zack who contacted me first, got interested in my project and made the Matrix Guide, and all the folks over at Wastelandsgaming.com who helped me beta test the map. <3
-To Pepsi Cola
-To Budweiser and Stella Artois Beers (and others I remember vaguely)
-To Spicy Tostitos corn chips
-To Zesty Lime Tostitos corn chips
-To Winamp for the internet radio
-To all CS:S players visiting the forums for their support, suggestions and bug reports!
-And finally, to Valve of course (BTW, you guys got an open level designer position?)
-God, bitch-slap me if I forgot someone...

Enjoy the Matrix universe for CS:S!
See you in a server near you!

-MoonQuake
Level Designer
hl2_moonquake(at)hotmail.com

Wow man, looks AWESOME. Thanks for all the work and dedication to make CS:S more fun. I can't wait to play this!

Very, very nice. I really love this map. Great job. Keep it up. :D

i love your work man...come up with some more levels that we can play on, if i get any ideas i'll post them

Fantastic MoonQuake, i've kept my eye on your work since your revolters map, i could see you got a talent there, and you've demonstrated it here again. Good job, keep up the work, and you could get a break through one day. You deserve the recognition for such a great piece of work. Thanks for being a brilliant part of the community, giving something back like this. I shall enjoy playing, as i hope you enjoy making these things. Keep the dreams alive :)

Ist his another BETA? If not, why make it an 1.0 ?

Niche/Vourdex: Thanks a lot guys! :)

Hectic Glenn : thanks man, people like you who comment and support mappers help the community as much. I wouldn't be making maps if it was for myself only!
I remember when we used to test Revolters. I hope to see you in-game sometime! :)

RA7: 1.0 because it's now officially released. This is not a beta product anymore. woohoo!

kamikazie : let's play this one then we'll see later! lol

dekstar : thanxors my friendors

GUYS, I want to see you in-game and play the map along with you! :)
Look for my humble presence in a matrix server near you!

MQ

I'm not too much of a cs:s player, but how easy would it be to convert it to a hl2dm map?

looks awesome btw :D

Mr Quake, You Rock!

Awesome stuff. It is great fun even just setting up a load of expert bots and watching their white room using/teleporting/duct camping craziness.

Many thanks. Just hoping a few UK/Europe servers host it.

Cheers man!

Hazar: probably not that much, but the map wasn't designed for HL2DM in mind.

Unfocused : Thanks man! :)d

MrSiko: thx, yeah bots are quite smart! There are actually quite a few UK servers running beta 3 even 2 (doh!) but as soon as they catchup, you'll have your servers! :)

MQ

I just might make a trip into CSS to play this map. It looks more wonderful then the beta pictures I've seen from you. God I wish I had money, I'd give you $5 because this map rules. Amazing talent, don't let it waste away :)

Cyber: thanks, the final version is a bit better looking than what you've seen on beta pictures.

laf : thanks, I can't edit my post in here, but I added your mirror on the steampowered forums!

MQ

that has to be the best realistic custom made map ive ever had the pleasure of downloading.. awsome work. I love the transistion into each section and the use of the phones to spawn points.. frantic.

glad you made it MQ ;) absolutely awesome. thanks for the best custom map for CS:S dude :sniper:

I've followed your threads, posted comments in each. Following this map grow and grow, get better and better has been a nice experience. You are talented, and I'm SURE, this map has caught Valve's eye.

In one word, this map is "astonishing." Seriously, this map is SO well done it's unbelieveable that it was made by a non-professional. It is so stunning, just amasing. It's so much fun just to zip through the teleporters over and over.

Ah, congradulations on a job VERY well done.

maybe he told us he wasnt a professional just to get that kind of response...who knows

but anyways i love it, i was playing online yesterday with a few friends (i gave them the url and they said that they would give it to their friends, so on, so on) i pwned them all! maybe because i knew the map so well...but still it was great

clarky/spazbob : thanks folks

Q_onfused: I appreciate your comments. I've been making maps since Doom 1 on PC. I made Duke Nukem 3D maps, Quake, StarCraft, HL1 DM maps, a BF1942 mod all by myself and then Source maps. I'm glad you like my map so much and I hope we'll fight along someday on a server! :) Nice Conan O'Brian avatar...

kamikazie: I only have a few months of professional work. I learn all I know and what made this map look and play great all by myself!

Geez, we should gather on a server one day and play all together. Does HL2.net have a CS:S server?

MQ

i dont know...but not all of us could play together though :(.

and it was a little sarcasm Moon :p love your work

teggs11 : offtopic
Why beat a dead horse?

Tell us what you think of the map instead.

MQ

Horay for the final version :D

I haven't played it onlinge yet (any servers that play it WITH LOW PING?! :() so I've played it with bots for a while, and much as I like the way they make use of the map, I hate it how they still don't seem to get that they can't go through a blocked door :( They just jump against it...

Oh and Moonquake,
you know I found the easter egg al long time ago, but now I've found your signature :p
h t t p ://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9867/dethematrix00035or.jpg
I still can't find the hidden message though, unless it's those chinese signs in the dojo.

The Brick: an updated .NAV file will be available soon!
It will prevent bots from kissing walls like that and make them behave more logically then ever!

Spoiler:
Nice, did you check on the other side...? :)

Back