The New Art Contest #1: Voting Thread

Pick your favourite entry.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WIP.

City17.jpg

WIP !!

sketch_hl2net9_lowres.jpg

It's still needs good a pollish. are crits allowed before entering ?

-dodo

Holy moly Dodo, I had no idea you were so awesome. I checked through your recent posts and found this, which made my balls drop off. I love aliens ;(

And yeah, crits are allowed before entering.

Well, I have a feeling that i dont stand a chance now.

Good god. Dodo, I would seriously love to have that framed on my wall. Amazings.

: ) thank you guys ! It isnt finished yet...

I'm thinking of making the green more bluewish, just like the lighting in hl2.

Uh crits anyone ?

-dodo

OMG, that's awesome Dodo. I don't stand a chance :(

Whoa! Holy to the max, Dodo! Tha-That's unbelievable! That's Absolutely Fantastic! I can't tell you how to improve as I know nothing, but that's just

AWESOME!

And amazing Alien Artwork aswell, Hehe.

Methinks you should have held it back for a bit Dodo :p

Or we could just say Dodo needs to do two entries? - just to be fair. :p

Restrict the amount of times you can win! That'll learn ya.

Or win in a row or something.

Morally pushed up the minimum requirement. :( I would try and beat Dodo, but I have no palette. So I won't waste most of my time slaving with a mouse trying to get each shading correctly without slipping... where I could be studying for tests or assignments.

The moral of this story is that Naph needs to buy himself a palette so he can reduce the 5 days to 5 hours :l

Holy shit, Dodo. Do you have any other art to show off? I love the feeling of this piece, reminds me of the Gone with the Blastwave comic.

For all the people whining about Dodo making something good; there will be 2nd and 3rd places, you know. It's not about the winning, anyway.

Wow, quite apart from the fact that his entry to this contest kicks all sorts of anus, that Alien pic by Dodo is utterly superb.

I would also like to see more of your work Dodo! Superb pic, I love it.
Think it'd be possible to make some wallpapers of that once its done? :D

Start an art thread if you dont have one already. :)

For all the people whining about Dodo making something good; there will be 2nd and 3rd places, you know. It's not about the winning, anyway.

I wasn't being serious. :p That said, I started mine again anyway.

But it is about the winning! That's what a contest is for!

Fantastic work Dodo! That looks like official Valve concept art. The chopper especially.

I look forward to seeing how my entry stacks up against yours! ;)

If you're not first, you're last!

Here's a preview of what I'm doing... All MS-Paint. 3x view shown.

c17preview4gh5.png

I'm doing the entire first outside area... I have all the linework done and everything for all the buildings. Now I'm just coloring stuff. I have all the sidewalks and roads done as seen in the pic. This is so you know what kind of quality to expect.

I'm excited.

Sweet-****ing-as. :thumbs:

I've had to put mine aside for a while whilst I do my art college coursework, so I dunno if I'll have anything to enter to be honest. I'll see.

c17preview4gh5.png

I'm doing the entire first outside area... I have all the linework done and everything for all the buildings. Now I'm just coloring stuff. I have all the sidewalks and roads done as seen in the pic. This is so you know what kind of quality to expect.

I'm excited.

Vegeta, you're a weirdo.

This better end up on Devart.

*picture*

I'm excited.

I like pixel art! MS-Paint rules!

Back