The official ANDROID thread!

So, the root bug got me again. Rooted my Thunderbolt with B.A.M.F. Ooohh man, 1.5 ghz is sex.

I bet you could play Quake 3 now! look for it if its available if not Quake 2 would be fun

Haha, I was playing Quake 2 on my OG Droid. Good times.

Haha, I was playing Quake 2 on my OG Droid. Good times.

You're going to hate me when I tell you what happened to my Droid X... >_>

I still have my Xoom though so you don't have to worry about that, but the Droid X is.... well... you'll find out later..

I'm so sick of my Droids terrible battery life and constant hanging and force closing. Can't upgrade for awhile so just have to deal I guess.

I'm so sick of my Droids terrible battery life and constant hanging and force closing. Can't upgrade for awhile so just have to deal I guess.

Join the boat! That's why there's not going to be a Droid X in my hand any longer..

You have the OG Droid and have terrible battery life? Mine was pretty decent, then when I rooted/installed Cyanogen Mod my battery was amazing. Have you thought that it might be something you installed? Some apps are assholes like that.

I bought a 3500mAh Extended Battery and only need to charge my phone once a day now its awesome. its a bit bulkier but manageable and before I used to charge my phone 3 times a day. I had a 1700mAh battery before which wasn't even stock. just look on ebay, mine was like $8 with the cover

I've got the stock 1400mAh in my Thunderbolt (Known for it's terribad battery life) and I am able to pull a full 24 hours off on it with moderate use and still above 30%.

Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered the Evo 3D at best buy today. Their system says that it'll be available on May 31st. Can't wait for the goodness.

Well I finally got a tablet! Too bad it's an iPad, Transformer got delayed and got a deal on the first iPad 16Gb 290€ (new) just couldn't pass. Now trying to sell my HTC Desire so I can get the Galaxy S2 next week :p

Edit: Got the Galaxy S2. My god it is fast! Too bad my HTC Desire was stolen today also... Was just going to sell it... Quadrant gives +3600, niceeee....

Just going to make a new post and review the Samsung Galaxy S2.

*snip*

Well I thought I would write a review but then I realized, that my writing skills are that of a retarded turtle so I'll just put the ups and downs.

+ The phone is fast, it's so frigging fast at everything you do... Quadrant gives ~3600 and it really shows (though quadrant really isn't accurate).
+ It's really light, the HTC Desire feels like a frigging brick after this one.
+ Did I say it's god damn fast?
+ Screen is amazing, sure the resolution might not be that sharp but the colors... The colors... I thought one needs mushrooms for colors like these.
+ Battery life seems to be really good. Today was my second charge. During morning for the first 4-5hrs I downloaded like 300 songs through 3G plus downloaded a bunch of games (largest was Dungeon Defenders), still charge was only down to 73%.
+ Camera seems to be really good even with shaky hands it takes good pictures. Video recording is yet to be tested.
- One thing I don't like is the lockscreen. I always thought the lockscreen was retarded in Galaxy S, and I still do.
- It's Samsung... Everyone seems to be bashing the Galaxy S and updates are pulled back like few days after release.

To summarize: it's the best god damn phone I have ever used.

Three in a row bitches!

Got to come rage here about mobile games. I bought the S2 because HTC Desires performance was so shitty. Now that I have the S2, I'm wondering, why the heck do I need the performance? Android has no frigging games, that even mildly stretch the limits of say Galaxy S1! It only has shitty games, that were copied from flash games (hello Angry Birds). Almost every game is 2D, hell as far of gaming goes, the Android feels like my old Nokia N72 (or was it 73). When comparing the gaming experience of the platform to Apple, I'd say the comparison is roughly N-Gage vs Xbox360/PS3... REIIIIIIG!!

Spectral Souls is a fairly demanding game, and is supposed to be one of the higher quality android games (being a PSP port).

I'm debating on getting rid of my Droid X in favour of the HTC Trophy. I know the hardware isn't the best, but they at least have games and are promising more intensive, fun games in the future via XBOX Live built into the OS.

I'm debating on getting rid of my Droid X in favour of the HTC Trophy. I know the hardware isn't the best, but they at least have games and are promising more intensive, fun games in the future via XBOX Live built into the OS.

Does Microsoft control what goes in the market place? They do in Xbox Live, so I guess it's the same with phones. I really think Google took the wrong route of letting everyone put anything in the market. Now the market is full of retarded games/software made by some Italian guy, which look like they're made for Nokia 5510 or something. Feels like I'm owning a portable supercomputer but the software is made by retards. Well that might be over reacting, but still if you go to the market and browse for apps, almost all of them look god damn horrible, and are truly horrible.

Does Microsoft control what goes in the market place? They do in Xbox Live, so I guess it's the same with phones. I really think Google took the wrong route of letting everyone put anything in the market. Now the market is full of retarded games/software made by some Italian guy, which look like they're made for Nokia 5510 or something. Feels like I'm owning a portable supercomputer but the software is made by retards. Well that might be over reacting, but still if you go to the market and browse for apps, almost all of them look god damn horrible, and are truly horrible.

Microsoft is taking an Apple-centric approach where as they control the applications in the Market and control the UI on phones. Therefore, most applications look like they were specifically built into the phone from the get go. They do allow a lot of games (from what I remember) in the Market. They haven't had many amazing games added yet, but as soon as they pick up more market share.... well, we can expect pretty damn good Xbox Live-enabled games.

Microsoft is taking an Apple-centric approach where as they control the applications in the Market and control the UI on phones. Therefore, most applications look like they were specifically built into the phone from the get go. They do allow a lot of games (from what I remember) in the Market. They haven't had many amazing games added yet, but as soon as they pick up more market share.... well, we can expect pretty damn good Xbox Live-enabled games.

I've heard that the game development tools (xna or something like that) are awesome. That's actually one thing MS has a lead against every other phone OS maker, they actually know how to make games. Microsoft has always made good tools, hell I think Visual Studio is one of the best IDEs. That combined to the fact that MS actually put hardware limitations on the OS makes it a good mobile gaming platform. If you don't put limits you get struck by the general stupidity of the costomer.

I like the open idea of Google Market, you can get software up fast, hell even make test releases gain visibility. What I would like to see Google implement is an open source customer "filter". RIght now only filtering capability in the Market is the phones API level, it's mandatory, but only part of the problem gets solved. As seen in games, minimum requirement 2.2 won't stop a dumb customer buying a graphics heavy game on his cheap crappy Chinese phone (CCCP lol). The open source filter would allow for the community to develop an open set of standards ranging from GPU performance to sensor accuracy, you name it. As hardware evolves the tests would be re-evaluated and new scores would be calculated (and the old ones would easily scale to that). This would allow companies to target the single audience they want. Sure one could argue, that you lose some amount of money because people with crappy phones won't buy them anymore, but I bet you win that back just because the amount of support tickets plummets. I've done some prototyping on Android, but gave up because of the obvious fact, that theres no chance of this ever happening. END OF RANT (if you read this far you deserve a hat!)

Sprint pushed gingerbread out to the Evo yesterday and I updated. So far so good except for one major **** up that really gets under my skin. I woke up an hour late today because most of my alarm settings were completely deleted and the ones that were still there were turned off. Apple had this same issue with alarms before. Why do these companies not test this? This is actually a huge deal for those people that rely on those alarm clocks yet this is something that seems to get overlooked often.

So if you did the update and you use the alarm clocks you might want to check your settings assuming you weren't already affected.

I do look forward to testing flash 10.3, flash on android has made huge strides over the last year.

Does anyone here have the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S? I'm thinking about getting one of those. I wanted to get the cheaper more mid-range SE model - Neo V - but then I thought I'd probably not be fully satisfied with it, so I guess I'll go with this - even though I'll have to splash out twice as much for it.

V32dj.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think I can get the sexy white model here, so the classic black it will be.

BTW, replacing this :p:

w1wPK.jpg

Back