The Purple Box - New Image Sparks Rumours

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been contacted by an anonymous source with the following screen shot which looks to be from Valve's website. We thought even without a source we'd post any image we received. They are probably real.[br]
[br]
As you can see a new bundle seems to in the pipeline with several great looking titles which could be the surprise at E3! More news when we get it. Original image here[br]UPDATE: So far a fan on our facebook page who went to school with a girl who married a guy whose uncle works for a fellow who once washed Gabe Newell's car, has said "This is Valve's big secret".[br]

Haha, goddammit. I thought this was for reals when I saw the ticker pop up on Steam.
Quit playin' with my heart!

troll1.jpg

BurtonJ revealed in the hl2.net|Chat that this was what was coming. He didn't mention the contents of the box though.

Sweet, I've been waiting to get any use out of my DS I can :D

Oh wait, Steam Juice.

Sweet ass! I knew the PS3 would get a game sometime!

made me laugh

also lol @ butthurt steampowered guys

The ps3 exclusive made me lulz. Actually, I punched the nearest person in the face because I was duped.

1107charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

I'm serious. My heart stopped for a few seconds. Else I couldn't feel it beating for a few seconds.

I don't know what to say, the joy over the fact that this is fake, or the sadness that we're back to where we were.

Haha that looks awful. No one would ever buy this, even if it was real.

I refuse to pay for Portal 2 just to get Half-Life 3. Enough said.

Episode Three is now an PS3 exclusive, christ isn't that obvious. And the ugly TF hat. Enough of these silly rumors.

Looks even more fake then the Freeman 14th picture.

Still these fake rumours/updates are a way of buffeting our disappointment this year

Here comes catchy titles like Halo: Reach, Fable 3...

And here comes Valve with their Purple Box :LOL:

Purple is like the worst colour ever after pink, ah my.

Thank god it's fake and let's hope for a cool looking Half-Life 3 cover instead.

I honestly hope no people that believed this get themselves hurt or something over their joy of a HL game coming soon. Jesus, first - the color, second - the awful box graphic - it's like a screenshot of a model render or something. THIRD, I see neither of those three games coming like this any time soon - not on these gaming platforms listed!

And, and.. Jesus, 60 bucks! Half-Life 2, The Orange Box and the Left 4 Dead games are more reasonable in price than this!

Edit: The Ricochet game will be SP only? Really?

I can't understand why Valve feels the need to punish those who purchased TI calculators as our gaming device of choice. Sure, their calculators are a little harder to program, but how hard could it be to give the task of developing games for the TIs to a third party? Not to mention that even the base model of the TI-35 has 4 times the memory of the Casio-FX calculators. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Back