The Ship Update

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.halflife2.net/news/1152641074_theship.jpg]​
[br]The Ship has had a massive update; adding a new map - Raifucu Maru, new clothing - Safari outfit and Farmer outfit and many other bug fixes to influence the whole game. Here?s a couple.
[br]
  • New Team Modes - Team VIP and Team Elimination
  • Added Russian Voice Over for Single-Player
  • Throwing a wallet or purse bomb at a door now results in it being slid along the floor so you can slide one under doors to blow up door-blocking players
  • You can now run The Ship Dedicated Server via the Steam UI with a Steam account that does not have The Ship registered with it
  • Improved Lag compensation to improve attacking with weapons in higher lag situations
  • Fixed bedpan interaction so players use them properly
  • Players who poison or set fire to their Quarry will now get awarded for the kill even if their Quarry disconnects
[br]
Just restart Steam to install this update.
Enjoy the Hunt!

Liking those new game modes, might actually spring some life back in to the game.

Going to try it out later, always like Team VIP modes.

Very original game. Always liked it. When i get the chance, I'll definitely try this.

I played it, the VIP game mode is good fun but the rounds are sooooooooo quick, yet the gameplay is still rather slow paced, it just doesn't work.

When you win a round it needs to go STRAIGHT to the next, not wait 30-60 seconds to prepare players.

has steam become a means for companies to release and sell unfinished games?

He's got a point though.

The Ship is not unfinished. Just because it is weak gameplay does not mean it wasn't finished.

I don't like The Ship, the game play is not for me at all but the game is really well made, it works and feels great.

So... does anybody here actually play the game? Besides Mutley.

I really want to like this game. It's different and innovative but doesn't hold my interest.

It's a very good game and innovative and unique but it doesn't hold my interest long enough to warrant a purchase (the occasional free weekend is enough)

It's a very good game and innovative and unique but it doesn't hold my interest long enough to warrant a purchase (the occasional free weekend is enough)

Haha, that's what I was thinking!!

Back