The Sopranos vs The Wire vs Mad Men vs Breaking Bad

Which show is the best?

• Total voters
This is perfect timing for me, I just concurrently watched The Wire and Breaking Bad from start to finish (just have to wait on that second half of season 5 for the latter).

As much as it pains me to say it, and trust me I was in denial for so long, but The Wire has to be the greatest thing I have ever viewed on television. It's sheer scope and ambition alone eclipses that of any other show, let alone the execution.

Joint financed and joint produced with an almost entirely British cast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_(TV_series)

"In 2002, HBO and the BBC agreed to co-produce the series, committing a US$100–110 million (£62.7 million) budget to the production of twelve 1-hour episodes, with HBO contributing $85 million, and the BBC contributing $15 million."

yawwn... Do me a favor and don't respond to anything I say anymore. K thanks.

I was aware of that. What part of my post do you think you have countered?

That's the whole issue... I'm not playing point/counter-point with you. I stated that it was mostly financed and produced by HBO, which is American. Yes, BBC was involved, but not even enough to sign on for another season. This thread is about favorite shows not trying to make petty arguments. So please do me a favor and take your omniscient attitude and apply it to someone else on this forum. Thanks.

I said Rome was also a UK production. That is blatantly true, not sure why you felt the need to argue and then give attitude. Grow up.

Joint financed and joint produced with an almost entirely British cast.

Lol... You don't see that you began an argument by saying that?
My point is to keep your comments to yourself. My attitude is towards the fact that you felt the need to comment in the first place.

Nice.. you get off putting people in their place on the internet and you are telling me to "grow up?"

Back