WALKING DEAD & THE PHANTOM

hot564231

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X74WvxfvyM4

Muse Entertainment, the producers of the new 'Phantom' mini-series for SyFy Channel, have unveiled a photograph from the show and a few details on their website.

Here's how they describe the updated version of Lee Falk's comic-strip jungle action hero:

Law student and parkour runner ('traceur') Chris is shocked to learn that he was adopted and that he is actually the son of The Phantom, a caped crime-fighter. He joins the Phantom team in the jungles of Bengalla to be expertly trained in martial arts and combat, and emerges as the next Phantom to battle the assassins of the evil Singh Brotherhood.

The list the cast members as Ryan Carnes, Sandrine Holt, Jean Marchand, Cameron Goodman, Isabella Rossillini and the director as Paolo Barzman, who has numerous episodes of action/adventure TV shows on his resume.

'The Phantom' is set to air on SyFy Channel in 2010.

The trailer looks cheesy, I'll watch it although, it looks fairly decent.

And finally The Walking Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UaWWyqhP8

AMC has emerged victorious in an apparent bidding war to bring Robert Kirkman's acclaimed comic series 'The Walking Dead' to TV, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter. Frank Darabont ('The Mist', 'The Green Mile') is on board to write and direct the planned TV series.

Gale Anne Hurd ('The Incredible Hulk') of Valhalla Motion Pictures and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion are exective producers.

AMC senior vice president of programming says the TV series will reamain true to the storylines presented in the comics. If you haven't read the books (and please, do yourself a favore and pick up the trades or the newly published omnibus) the story follows the advent a Romero-esque zombie plague and a group of survivors lead by police officer Rick Grimes. The series focuses on the human conflicts as the characters band together, or battle one another, to cling to survival.

"This is not about zombies popping out of closets," Stillerman told Variety. "This is a story about survival, and the dynamics of what happens when a group is forced to survive under these circumstances. The world (in 'Walking Dead') is portrayed in a smart, sophisticated way."

"I don't know of another series of books that has such beautiful storytelling, great human emotions and everything that really works on AMC," Stillerman said in a separate statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "It allows us to stay where we want to stay: in the world of smart, sophisticated storytelling and apply that to a show that we think the audience would love."

Stillerman hopes to position the show among AMC's recent acclaimed series 'Mad Men' and 'Breaking Bad'.

The problem with the Walking dead as a comic book series is that unfortunately it rapidly turns into the zombie equivalent of a daytime soap opera. Effectively a bunch of thick people (there isn't one smart one amongst them,) who basically spend a lot of time arguing and shouting at each other (or ****ing each other) whilst staggering from one disaster to the other. Now that's not to say it's without a certain amount of charm, but I'd say it's more entertaining on the page than it will be on the screen.

The problem with the Walking dead as a comic book series is that unfortunately it rapidly turns into the zombie equivalent of a daytime soap opera. Effectively a bunch of thick people (there isn't one smart one amongst them,) who basically spend a lot of time arguing and shouting at each other (or ****ing each other) whilst staggering from one disaster to the other. Now that's not to say it's without a certain amount of charm, but I'd say it's more entertaining on the page than it will be on the screen.

yeah i agree, although it was interesting at start. i kinda stopped reading after the main character and the black dude fought and fell off the balcony.

it was starting to become really lame.

the only way zombies win is if all humans suddenly loose 30 IQ points.

"oh look a dark scary room, do you think it is filled with zombies?"
"take a look inside, i'll stay here and close the door behind you"

Back