The "what series are you watching now?" thread

the current x-men cartoon (Wolverine and the X-men) or the cartoon from the 90's? the one in the 90's had terrible animation

The old ones. And X-Men Evolution. they were good; we've still got them on video.

ughh as much as I like the animation X-men evolution is kinda corny/disturbing ..I mean there's an episode where shadowcat and Rogue dance to some shitty lindsey lohan wannabe pop band while Sabertooth watches from the bushes like some homeless hairy pedo

Ah, but Evolution has got Nightcrawler! The blue, fuzzy dude rules!!!

ya he's so underused, one of my fave x-men ..needs more Colossus as well

The Big Bang Theory on DVD and Fringe. Can't wait for LOST season 5.

Currently watching some old seasons of House while waiting for Battlestar Galactica now that Dexter is over. I also recently watched through two of my all-time favorite series, Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, both of which are pure comedy gold. Looking forward to whenever Breaking Bad comes back too.

Evolution was strange.

Currently watching The Secret Saturdays still (****ing awesome) and Superjail. Superjail is the best thing concieved. Period.

the current x-men cartoon (Wolverine and the X-men) or the cartoon from the 90's? the one in the 90's had terrible animation
Really? I seem to remember the 90s series being pretty well animated... probably a combination of rose tinted goggles and having low standards at that age.

Currently watching Robot Chicken season 3, which my sweetums got me for christmas. Still awesome, even though half the references go over my head. Will also be checking out Venture Bros as soon as I can get the DVD to work... oh, and Drawn Together. Yes, I am being inundated with Adult Swim awesomeness/garbage (depending on your viewpoint).

Finished Black Lagoon also (first season, anyway). Final assessment: poop.

I also downloaded an anime series, Rose of Versailles. I've watched the first two episodes and sort of enjoyed them. I've missed anime; I've missed the ridiculous music and title sequences. Does anyone know if the whole series is worth watching? I only downloaded it because it has Robespierre in it.
GTFO. Two people watching this in the same thread will make the world implode. I watched the first 25 episodes on my DS whilst away over Christmas. It's my kind of thing (I decline to define too far), but I can't imagine you getting very far if you're after some Robespierre action (by e25 the revolution still hasn't happened). It's supposed to be a light Romance Anime for early teenaged Japanese girls (arguably the first successful programme of its type, but still). If you have testicles, it will crush them.

Also:
Last Exile (Steampunk Anime. I'd actually stopped watching Anime for a year or so...)
Life on Mars (Me and a housemate are slowly working through this one. Never in the house at the right time to watch something we both like a lot).
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (A grey mush of every single other Gundam series, dressed in ******ry. Well, more of it).

Sarah Conner Chronicles
Firefly - Finished
M*A*S*H*
Scrapped Princess - Finished
House - On Break
Heroes - On Break
Kyle XY - Starting Soon!
Bleach!
Chrono Crusade

-more to come-

GTFO. Two people watching this in the same thread will make the world implode. I watched the first 25 episodes on my DS whilst away over Christmas. It's my kind of thing (I decline to define too far), but I can't imagine you getting very far if you're after some Robespierre action (by e25 the revolution still hasn't happened). It's supposed to be a light Romance Anime for early teenaged Japanese girls (arguably the first successful programme of its type, but still). If you have testicles, it will crush them.
I was thinking about downloading that anime too (just to see anime Robespierre) but I'm really not into that kind of stuff...thanks for info.

I can't imagine you getting very far if you're after some Robespierre action (by e25 the revolution still hasn't happened). It's supposed to be a light Romance Anime for early teenaged Japanese girls (arguably the first successful programme of its type, but still). If you have testicles, it will crush them.
Yeah, I kind of imagined that it would hardly be John Adams, and if I hadn't worked that out by the time I had begun to watch the first episode then the constant sparkling would probably have tipped me off. I'm going to keep watching it anyway because it's kind of awesome-absurd. And it looks like the main character is going to have an affair with Marie Antoinette, which is excellent.

I love Life on Mars, but I can't help feeling that Last Exile never quite lives up to its premise, or the promise of the first few episodes.

I've been binging through Mad Men recently and i now absolutely love it. I think AMC is starting to become the new HBO for me, as both Mad Men and Breaking Bad are easily HBO-quality-like shows. That, and the only good thing still on HBO is Flight of The Conchords. Although i don't find that anywhere near as funny as people make it out to be.

I hear In Treatment is quite good but i haven't seen that.

Speaking of anime, I watched through the first season of Higurashi a couple weeks ago and have been putting off checking out the second season since. My reasoning is as follows:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I enjoyed higurashi but i don't think the second season was anywhere near as good as the first.

Just been watching Torchwood. More specifically, Fragments and Exit Wounds (from series 2). I seriously needed to watch the outtakes after watching Exit Wounds because I really close to bursting into tears! (If you've seen Exit Wounds you'll know what I'm talking about!) Now I've watched all the Torchwood and Hustle episodes that I have I'll probably resume watching Merlin until my new Doctor Who DVDs come.

Can anyone recommend a show that matches "Dexter" in terms of quality/uniqueness(sp?)? I just couldn't get enough when I first found out about the series. Dramas are preferable atm, as I've had my fill of comedy.

I love the shield. If you haven't seen it you should.

You really really should

Been a huge fan of Lost since the start. Probably the best show in the last 20 years.

Watched the first two seasons of Heroes, but the quality declined, so I'm not sure I'm gonna continue watching.

Has been [STRIKE]downloading[/STRIKE] buying the first three seasons of Sopranos. It's awesome.

I'm watching Seinfeld, Friends, The Simpsons, Scrubs etc. when I catch it on TV.

Can anyone recommend a show that matches "Dexter" in terms of quality/uniqueness(sp?)? I just couldn't get enough when I first found out about the series. Dramas are preferable atm, as I've had my fill of comedy.

I doubt there is any such thing. Dexter is pretty unique/awesome. But I'd love to hear if anyone has something similar as well.

Though not related to Dexter on the level of relation or content, The Wire is easily on the same level of quality and unique characteristics. I'd say higher myself as it's probably my favourite show and I haven't seen anything like it, but it's a ridiculously well written show. Imagine how you feel for Dexter as a singular character. Yeah, you like him alot, don't cha? Guy's got some good writing behind him, a good story. He's driven by quite a fair bit. You just want to watch more and more of him...

... now try and imagine that for EVERY cast member of The Wire. And for the many, many seperate stories that interlink all of these characters and blur the line between good and bad in the police force and street level drug trafficers.

It's a drama, too. I cannot recommend this show to anyone enough. Best think to hit the TV in years in my opinion.

The Office and Superjail!. I don't have cable TV at the moment so I pretty much steal internet and download these two shows.

I doubt there is any such thing. Dexter is pretty unique/awesome. But I'd love to hear if anyone has something similar as well.

This saddens me. The author who wrote the book this series is based off of, must write a different series altogether, which will start another Dexter-esque chain reaction. The result? Some good television.:bounce:

I've been on a binge of Phineas and Ferb. It's so good. I originally started watching it because of the catchy songs, but the jokes are great. This is my new favorite currently-running cartoon.

Just watched all of Fawlty Towers, I love that show.

also I've seen fineus and ferb a couple times and was pleasantly surprised... definitely not my favorite show on TV now, though, that would be either chowder or the misadventures of flapjack.

At this exact moment, The Office season 3.

"Are you near-sighted or far-sighted?"
"Both, that's why I invented the bifocal."
"GAAHHH!!!"

Seriously thinking about checking out the wire...

Just watched all of Fawlty Towers, I love that show.

I love it too! I think the best thing about FT is that no matter how many times you watch the episodes they're still funny. I've lost count of how many times I've watched them now and I can still laugh out loud when watching them!

Seriously thinking about checking out the wire...

For the love of god, please do. I've yet to find anyone who hasn't watched the show and found it damn good.

Back