The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings

VlOic.jpg

Final cover.

He looks like he has a cut on his face on that cover.

He looks like he has white hair on that cover.

He looks like he has a sword on that cover.

He looks like he has cat eyes on that cover.

And we look better. I mean, sorry, seriously–I love Bethesda, BioWare games, I play them. But, c’mon. You cannot be indifferent to that, you cannot omit the difference. We simply look better.

I hate arrogance. Make a good game, sell a lot of copies, enjoy the money and the fans. But don't go around telling that you are the best. Sooner or later, someone else will do better than you.

I hate arrogance. Make a good game, sell a lot of copies, enjoy the money and the fans. But don't go around telling that you are the best. Sooner or later, someone else will do better than you.

Someone will sooner or later make a game with better graphics? No shit. ;)

Yeah he wasn't like "omfg we made the best game rofl"

He just said theirs looked better.

Which it does.

:S

Yeah he wasn't like "omfg we made the best game rofl"

He just said theirs looked better.

Which it does.

Well, players should say that, not developers. Reminds me of Molineaux. But that's just me: I have a natural disliking for people praising their own work.

Also: The Witcher was a good game, but not an awesome milestone (in my humble opinion), so these talented polish developers still have to show what they can really do. They have not a big history in the gaming industry, so involving Bethesda and Bioware in that kind of statement is sort of inappropriate and disrespectful. Do your work, show what you can do, but don't be arrogant.

Again, this is just my thought.

Also: The Witcher was a good game, but not an awesome milestone (in my humble opinion), so these talented polish developers still have to show what they can really do. They have not a big history in the gaming industry, so involving Bethesda and Bioware in that kind of statement is sort of inappropriate and disrespectful. Do your work, show what you can do, but don't be arrogant.

This is just my thought but The Witcher is ****ing awesome. A lot better than bethesderp's Oblivion/FO3 and EAware's Dragon Age 2 or whatever.

This is just my thought but The Witcher is ****ing awesome. A lot better than bethesderp's Oblivion/FO3 and EAware's Dragon Age 2 or whatever.

Agreed about DOA2 and FO3. However I think Oblivion was slightly more engrossing than The Witcher, even if Witches story proved to be grittier and more entertaining. Still, the Witcher is leaps and bounds more fun to play than most Bethesda and EAs games.

control scheme was horrid though hope it's better in this one.

I was disappoint in the first one.

Does he still do the wobbly dance?

(...)

You did notice that he didn't say "We are the best", but rather "[Witcher 2] simply looks better", right?

Furthermore, what's with the "Bethesda and Bioware are immune to criticism" bullshit? If someone dislikes a game, then he should be able to say so openly, moreso when he is a developer. You don't seem to realize just how ****ing incestuous the entire game industry is and many developers keep their mouths shut and don't speak their thoughts because the next moment they might be begging to work for the company they criticised just a few months earlier. This is very counterproductive as a whole, kills open discussion and makes the industry a circlejerk, not an actual competition to deliver the best titles.

You're quick to pass judgement on Thomas. How arrogant of you.

I just can't wait for this to come out. Sounds like everything people complained about is being fixed. The new engine looks extremely sweet too. A little Demon's Souls influence is just the icing on the cake. :) Really tough with it releasing the same day as LA Noire though. Time to take some vacation.

VictimOfScience, amen, over here we've got The Witcher 2, LA Noire and Brink all coming out on the exact same bloody day.:(

Press release:
CD Projekt RED has just set the date of its spring conference, which will take place on the 14th of April 2011 in Warsaw, Poland. With the release date of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings right around the corner, the conference will provide lots of important information for everyone who is even remotely interested in buying the game.

The event will cover following topics:

Minimum and recommended system requirements, as well as their effect on the game’s performance,
Differences in specific language versions and censorship,
Copy protection will be talked about in greater detail,
Importing save-game data from the first part of The Witcher,
REDengine details,
And many more.

Senior Producer, Tomasz Gop will be the event’s keynote speaker on behalf of CD Projekt RED. He will host a presentation during which he will answer a lot of important questions about the game.

As usual the conference will gather journalists, investors and industry representatives from various regions of Poland.

The English part of the conference will be broadcasted live at facebook.com/thewitcher and at the game’s official website http://www.thewitcher.com/. The broadcast will start at 4:00 PM (GMT).

They will support save-game importing!?

Aww man, I don't have my saves anymore.:(

Man, one month away. My penie is getting all big. I have such a chubby right now (well for me anyways, I'm not the most endowed man).

I'm finding myself quite interested in the Witcher 2, but I never even played the first one. Is the first Witcher good enough to justify purchasing it or can I skip it and not miss a beat in the Witcher 2?

Yeah it's a very strong game. It's also extremely long and very much worth the $19.99 on Steam. Combat is the weakest part of the game but it gets more fun when you are stronger.

I actually thought the combat was fine. Instead of the standard attack-strafe-block type of combat which doesn't look very impressive, you had to focus on timing your attack properly which I thought was satisfying when you managed to chain a combo.

I just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition: Platinum (Long name, came out last year apparently), physical copy, no DRM on it of any kind, a few extra features and cost me two thirds of what the Steam copy would cost me.

I originally pirated and beat TWEE when it came out and have now decided to make it up to the devs, not to mention I need to replay it so I have a save-file ready for carrying over into TW2.

Not quite sure if I should pre-order TW2 from GOG, Steam or get the retail CE for 90 euro which includes quite a few neat stuff, including marble imitation head bust of Gerald.

GOG is taking pre-orders for The Witcher 2? Seems a bit contradictory.

Not that odd when you look at CD Projekt running the show for both the site and the game development. I mean, if you have a great site for distributing DRM-free games, why not also distribute your own game DRM-free and with LOADS of wicked bonus materials? Not much of a downside there I don't think. I love buying stuff from them because every title comes with some really great extras and their prices and selection are wonderful.

Wait, CD Projekt owns GOG? I am confused by the wording in your first sentence.

Also, I own quite a few titles on GOG but they're all oldies.

Yeah, it's owned by CD Projekt.

Hopefully this Witcher 2 "stunt" of theirs attracts more.. good old games to their service.

Yeah, it's owned by CD Projekt.

Hopefully this Witcher 2 "stunt" of theirs attracts more.. good old games to their service.

Jesus, I had no idea! Now I feel obligated to get it either from GOG or get the retail CE. Screw buying it on Steam.

What the mature folk at CD Projekt RED have been doing with their spare time:

NSFW
lAZ0K.png

I heard that this will be an actual Playboy cover, not just some concept. WTF.

I heard that this will be an actual Playboy cover, not just some concept. WTF.

Wouldn't surprise me, I mean we've had Marge Simpson on PlayBoy after all, so why not video game characters?

Back