Things to see and do in HL2 (Document)

I for one, love stacking props trying to get ontop of all of the Coast's houses :naughty:

That's not impressive, just really sad.

Anyone could successfully do these things.
You just need to convert yourself into some pathetic cave-dweller recluse and waste countless hours testing the Source engine instead of making real friends out there and having a job. Which happen to be the case of these video makers.

O the internet :sleep:

You can hear a woman screaming in the background during the apartment raid in Point Insertion. I only noticed it while messing around in Gmod.

I for one, love stacking props trying to get ontop of all of the Coast's houses :naughty:

That's not impressive, just really sad.

Anyone could successfully do these things.
You just need to convert yourself into some pathetic cave-dweller recluse and waste countless hours testing the Source engine instead of making real friends out there and having a job. Which happen to be the case of these video makers.

O the internet :sleep:

Heh just like those guys who do motorcross or something. Need to get a life...

6. There's a spooky little Easter egg hidden late in the level, shortly before Gordon enters the warehouse area. When you see the Combine vs. zombies (and barnacles) battle in the underground sewer area, be sure to explore the out of the way, barnacle-infested corridor off to the left. After seeing a hapless Combine soldier get trapped and devoured by a barnacle take a right turn, then climb a short flight of stairs and continue forward. Soon, you will see a small alcove with a dead citizen and what looks like a 4x4 supporting a section of ceiling. Smash the 4x4 and prepare to be startled.

I can't seem to find that area. Could someone just tell me what happens?

SPOILER!

Dont scroll to the bottom of this post, if youd rather find out yourself.

A bunch of dead poison headcrabs fall out...nothing scary...

Thanks for the info on Ravenholm, I'll have to pay a bit more attention next time through.

That "surprise" before the warehouse. I found that the first time playing through. That scared the crap out of me and pissed me off at the same time.

Whats so scary about a bunch of dead headcrabs falling through a ceiling?

Whats so scary about a bunch of dead headcrabs falling through a ceiling?

Startled the shit out of me the first time it happened to me. From then on I always just toss a grenade up there to take 'em out before I see them. :p

They automaticlly die, when you destroy that plank...don't waste your grenades:p

Thanks for the info on Ravenholm, I'll have to pay a bit more attention next time through.

That "surprise" before the warehouse. I found that the first time playing through. That scared the crap out of me and pissed me off at the same time.

Something I failed to mention in the full document: Father G. has got a cross-shaped scar on his right hand. Have a look for it, if you haven't seen it already.

Does Gmod9 have a screenshot function?
I found something interesting...

And where does it save the pics?

Does Gmod9 have a screenshot function?
I found something interesting...

And where does it save the pics?

I think GMOD 9 has a camera tool.

The screen shot button for GMOD is the same for HL2. F5

screenshots save in the mod folder.

I didn't see a camera tool though.

And WHERE exactly is this MOD folder?

I have gmod 10,in that its at the end , above the toolgun.

Here's a few things I missed many times in the Highway 17 and Sandtraps chapters:

A seagull perched on a Gauss Gun.

A car wedged sideways between two rocks.

A combine soldier going to the toilet.

A newspaper, "The Terminal", with an article about Dr. Breen.

A rebel couple who starved to death after barricading themselves in against zombies (who bang on the window).

The fourth car battery (you only need 3; one's in place, one's beside it, and there's a third in the car outside).

A secret attic room with a supply crate.

An antlion feeding on corpses.

A combine soldier run over by a truck.

A combine going to the toilet?
Where abouts? , try and post pictures

A seagull perched on a Gauss Gun.
Haven't seen that happen yet...:|

A car wedged sideways between two rocks.
Where?

A combine soldier going to the toilet.
He didn't actually take a dump. He was just spawned there, so that when you go near, he hears you and attacks. But it leaves the impression, that he laid a brick there...(through the suit?)

A newspaper, "The Terminal", with an article about Dr. Breen.
I'm sure this can be found in other places aswell.

A rebel couple who starved to death after barricading themselves in against zombies (who bang on the window).
Did they starve? Poor souls...

The fourth car battery (you only need 3; one's in place, one's beside it, and there's a third in the car outside).
Just in case, if you happen to lose 1.

A secret attic room with a supply crate.
Again, where?

An antlion feeding on corpses.
WHEREWHEREWHERE!?

A combine soldier run over by a truck.
Happens...

And xvillanx, i have gmod 9.0.4.
And is your copy of it legit?
Pirated ones are buggy.

K, i'm gonna buy my copy too, when i get my own compy.

Sorry for double-posting, but i found the pics.

I noticed something written on the lower side of the combine soldiers/NP guards masks. ONLY they have this thing.

As much as i could make out of that text, it said:

WARNING!
Use of this ....... may
lead to the ........death
of the user of the ........
........ .......

And the last line was a serial code or something.

Attachments

• gm_construct0008.jpg
    gm_construct0008.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 392
It says "Use of this equipment may result in the untimely death of the user"

The rest I can't make out.

I wonder what Fakefactory put there on his skins.

Sorry for double-posting, but i found the pics.

I noticed something written on the lower side of the combine soldiers/NP guards masks. ONLY they have this thing.

As much as i could make out of that text, it said:

WARNING!
Use of this ....... may
lead to the ........death
of the user of the ........
........ .......

And the last line was a serial code or something.

Hmmm. It would make more sense if it said "Improper use of this..."

Yeah it is USE , i had a look.Too big for improper use even if it did make scence.

Quote: A seagull perched on a Gauss Gun.
Haven't seen that happen yet...

I only noticed it because I had notarget on so it didn't fly off as I approached. It happened quite often in the first half of HW17 when I left the car; sometimes the seagulls would perch on the gun, sometimes on the headlights.

Quote: A car wedged sideways between two rocks.
Where?

Just as you turn the corner and can see the broken bridge as you approach the crane you use to lift your car.

Quote: A rebel couple who starved to death after barricading themselves in against zombies (who bang on the window).
Did they starve? Poor souls...

I assume they starved, as they have no wounds and there's no blood splashes. Quite poignant really :upstare:

Quote: A secret attic room with a supply crate.
Again, where?

It's in one of the buildings in HW17, shortly before you reach the rail bridge (IIRC). Rather a pointless room really.

Quote: An antlion feeding on corpses.
WHEREWHEREWHERE!?

After you pass Laszlo and his mate, when the sand widens up there's a path leading off to the left and down a little bit; it's down there. Use notarget so you can get close without it noticing you.

Do the antlions still pop out, when you use notarget, and walk on the sand?

In the water hazard level i noticed in 2 seperate occasions i noticed a citizen walking on the ledge near the dam and in a later part of the level. But when approached they dissapear into a dead end. I remember the first one i encounted i saw from a distance and raced up to where the citizen was thinking it was eli's lab, but after climbing up the ladder and running down the path and into the only possible room, i was greeted by a zombie, not a citizen. The citizen was walking casually similar to the first chapter of the game. The second citizen spotting was later on in the chapter and after spotting it (It was probably 100 feet away) i chased it down immediately, and as i rounded the bend she was gone.

I dont know if it was a glitch or what, but i found it kind of odd. Almost spooky.

I appologize if this isnt relevant to the thread, but i figured i'd post it here rather then starting a new thread.

In the water hazard level i noticed in 2 seperate occasions i noticed a citizen walking on the ledge near the dam and in a later part of the level. But when approached they dissapear into a dead end. I remember the first one i encounted i saw from a distance and raced up to where the citizen was thinking it was eli's lab, but after climbing up the ladder and running down the path and into the only possible room, i was greeted by a zombie, not a citizen. The citizen was walking casually similar to the first chapter of the game. The second citizen spotting was later on in the chapter and after spotting it (It was probably 100 feet away) i chased it down immediately, and as i rounded the bend she was gone.

I dont know if it was a glitch or what, but i found it kind of odd. Almost spooky.

I appologize if this isnt relevant to the thread, but i figured i'd post it here rather then starting a new thread.

...That's the Gman. You know, the dude who teleported you into the whole mess in the first place?

Back