Third and Final Novint Falcon Giveaway!

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
Surprise! Novint have provided us with one last Falcon to give away. Continuing the Left 4 Dead theme, this giveaway will be somewhat similar to the previous one.[br]I played another game of Left 4 Dead recently, using my Falcon. This time, I played the Blood Harvest campaign on Expert, just myself and the AI bots. What you have to guess is:[br]

How long in seconds did I last before dying?​
[br]
For the sake of clarity, this is the time between me starting the demo recording at the start of playing, and stopping it when I died. The time for each demo, as listed in the console, added together is the figure we're using here.
[br]
Rules
  • One guess per person.
  • No duplicate guesses - if your guess is the same as one already posted, then yours won't count.
  • Only members who joined prior to Thursday, August 20th may enter.
  • The guess that is closest to the actual time without going over will win the Falcon.
  • The contest will run for 24 hours from the time of this post.
[br]
As a reminder for those of you who may be unsure what the Falcon is and what it can do, take a look at my review here.[br]Also remember that you can buy a Novint Falcon with a 20% discount. All you have to do is use the referral code "HL2NET" when you buy. You can find Novint's promotional Left 4 Dead page here.

15 minutes and 45 seconds

EDIT:
That is 945 seconds

Hmmmmm. This is a tough one. I remember Expert sometimes taking hours, but time until the first death? Damn. I am guessing that since you talk about demo you might be showing us the video when the time is out. And since youtube is the most usual way to distribute such video there's a certain time limit unless you cut the video into pieces. This reasoning might be very far fetched, but I am guessing something like 6 minutes.

ME said:
How long in seconds did I last before dying?
Seconds! Not minutes and seconds.

Also,
Yes, there will be videos. Yes, there will be multiple videos if the length of play warrants it. Don't use youtube's limitations as a basis for your guess!

To those posting times in minutes and seconds... I know I certainly won't be bothered converting your entries into seconds only, and I'm sure Pi feels the same. Thus, your entries are invalid.

Gee, if only there was a way for forum users to change what they've posted!

I'll go with my join date. So 20+09+2003 = 2032.

You survived for 2032 seconds. It's obvious.

Why would anyone want the Soviet era solution to a problem that doesn't exist?.

Just buy a mouse. :/

Lol....

what campaign where you playing?...I think that's a pretty important information to leave out.

what campaign where you playing?...I think that's a pretty important information to leave out.

Ahem...

THE ORIGINAL POST said:
I played another game of Left 4 Dead recently, using my Falcon. This time, I played the Blood Harvest campaign on Expert, just myself and the AI bots. What you have to guess is:

I reckon 396 seconds, hope I'm right this time, otherwise I'll have to try my hand in the TF2 giveaway :D Really want one without having to pay the VAT and duty tax as welll

Sorry Casper & kgwhipp, only entrants who have joined before the 20/08/09. Read Pi's instructions clearly!

I think is funny as time goes by the date remained the same... just questioning miself why will the date always be 20th? XD

well... i'm out ;)

I believe Pi died in the woods :D

Back