This business of voting

Reaction score
I have been voted off three 'versus' servers tonight. Not for any particular reason other than that the people on my team wanted 'their friend' in on the game.

Is it me or is this voting business just a little too easy? Its annoying to say the least, to be doing well in a game on a public server, and then to be voted off for some spurious reason?

Its turning me away from the game tbh. An admin kicking me, I can deal with that. Giving players the chance to kick someone for any reason? Dodgy ground.

It works out pretty fair in the end. And to be honest, playing on Friends-only servers is the way to go.

i agree, playing the game with people you know is much more fun. i play on the 360 so i actually use a mic. i constantly have to kick or vote off those pesky non-mic players for lack of teamwork. its just not fun if the other people cant talk

This thread is now about how the PC version is superior.

i probably would completely agree with you, but i have a mac computer. it has really good applications and stuff, but i can't download stuff from steam. i must admit that i really want to try out gmod

Yes you can.

I have a MacbookPro (I call it my ZachbookPro). You just have to install BootCamp and then make a windows partition. If you have the old OS and it wont let you, you just have to set the date back to before 2007 and then it works. Theres a BootCamp torrent somewhere (since the new one only works with Leopard).

It runs TF2 and L4D fairly well.

Yeah, L4D brings out so much rage in people, there's often spontaneous "YOU DIDN'T DO GOOD AS THAT INFECTED CLASS THAT ONE SPAWN YOU ****ING SUCK, GTFO!"

But I gotta admit, I've kicked people simply because I didn't find them good, or thought they were whiney.

I was playing versus with Pitz, Sliver, and two other people here (forget who) but I was put on the OTHER team, so in other words, I had to play with a bunch of people who were bad (sliver later felt my pain)

But in the begining there was this young teen girl who was sooooo annoying. She would get really MAD if we said "dude" or "man" and she would remind us "I'M A GIRL", so I constantly kept trying to vote her off, literally, 6-7 times. She was soooo angry "ALJDNFAKL WHO KEEPS TRYING TO KICK ME GUYS???"
everyone: "i 'unno"
eventually everyone got so sick of seeing the vote check that everyone just voted her off :LOL:

Ive had players on my team who as a tank, didnt knock ANYONE out. This one person in particular, didnt even manage to punch a single person.

He ended up running in circles, getting stuck in trees, and dying from non upgraded weapons fire.

the server switched my teams for me earlier and somebody started spamming "HE SWITCHED TEAMS!!" and before I even had a chance to type ANYTHING, I was vote kicked off.

I mean holy shit people, at least let the person defend themselves.

Ive had players on my team who as a tank, didnt knock ANYONE out. This one person in particular, didnt even manage to punch a single person.

He ended up running in circles, getting stuck in trees, and dying from non upgraded weapons fire.

Were they at full health? And where was it at?

I really hate being the tank, everyone expects you to do good and if none of the other infected are helping out it's really easy to die as the tank.

You gotta understand this isn't your typical Valve game as that it attracts a lot of the CS crowd and new guys because the game features zombies. So there is a lot of new, younger players. ;) Anywho I was kicked because I drew a Survivor next to that car with an alarm in NM, first level. It's a common tactic but they kicked me in like 2 seconds. The only time that I have had fun and the scores were competitive is when I play with hl2.net. It's not the usual 320 vs 3046 score and people rage quit constantly when you play with us.

Wait, so your own team kicked you for using a good tactic?

A guy tried to votekick me, because i forgot to get my medic, which i didnt need because we were kicking ass anyway. The vote failed, because luckily the two other people were nice and voted against it. So voting is reasonably fair unless the other people are friends with the other asshole. And lets face it, we all have played with people who annoy us and we want to kick off, so it shouldnt be too hard to get rid of those noobs...

i agree, playing the game with people you know is much more fun. i play on the 360 so i actually use a mic. i constantly have to kick or vote off those pesky non-mic players for lack of teamwork. its just not fun if the other people cant talk

you aren't playing with the right people then. i've had good and bad games with both mic and non-mic users. i've had some awesome games where everyone is silent, but the teamwork was great. i've had some horrible games where half my team is 13-year old douchebags that are constantly on the mic.

Its a good trade off. Last night we quickly voted off a guy that was greifing his own team. He never had a chance to type lol.

Back