This is likely going to sound like the majority of other posts in this forum, but...

O

Ozzel

I'd like you to take me seriously, please.

First off, I will say yes, this is a concept thread, but no, I'm not scrambling for 'zomg need help w/ new mod lols'. I'd just like to see if there's any interest within the mod community, then I'd go to the lengths to attempt to gather a team.

Have you ever played the Half-Life mod, Natural Selection? One of my favorite bits about that mod was the Alien team. Quite innovative, especially in the evolution between species. A few days ago, while I was playing NS, I had a thought: You know, this would be fun playing as the Xenians.

Of course this idea has probably been thrown out here before, but it occurred to me that it would be relatively easy, yet fun, to produce a Team Deathmatch/Objective-based mod built around the three primary factions of the Half-Life-universe: The Resistance, the Combine, and the Xen. Of course, I haven't worked much out as far as details are concerned, but does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Thanks.

Sounds cool, I couldnt help with the modding but I would definitely play it.

I had this idea once, too. It would be really hard to balance the teams, and making playing as Xenians really interesting.

All races differ greatly enough (Resistance: human, Combine: humanoid/robot, Xenians: aliens) for it to work. In fact, a rather known RTS game has used this combination aswell :p (Not breaking down your work, just saying that it's a nice idea)

Back