This may make people feel sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by omlette
"OMG LOL MIEN WAS CHEAPR I AM SUPERIOR"

I've never seen anybody that has built a computer type like that on the internet.

btw, Im thinking most of the people at these forums dont realize how much cheaper it is to build a pc, and they envy and worship you because of your alienware. YOU GOTTA FANBASE OMLETTE!

Originally posted by Tr0n
Oh yea I have to say this but. Newegg sucks :p Pricewatch better.

Newegg

Gets your orders to you within a few days.
Has lowest prices.
Orders work perfectly, if not, shipped back for a new one.
Great customer service.

Pricewatch

Refer to Newegg, except opposite.

Originally posted by AnAtOmEE
I've never seen anybody that has built a computer type like that on the internet.

btw, Im thinking most of the people at these forums dont realize how much cheaper it is to build a pc, and they envy and worship you because of your alienware. YOU GOTTA FANBASE OMLETTE!

I'm thinking you deny the fact that you failed at this argument like a fat kid fails at dodgeball.

Well true put pricewtach shows you places where you can get computer parts with the cheapest prices.

Originally posted by omlette
I'm thinking you deny the fact that you failed at this argument like a fat kid fails at dodgeball.

There is no argument that building a pc using parts from newegg, etc, is cheaper than alienware.

It's a FACT!

Plasma built his pc for 900$. and performs better than yours...

I built my pc off of newegg, and I guarentee you without bragging I have one of the best computers available.

Also Pricewatches website is easier to navigate through then newegg's.I'm still trying to find the motherboard combos on neweggs website.

Newegg has pictures, reader reviews, full specs of the product, and customer service on the product, pricewatch has a one line description on the product.

Sorry if the post i just typed sounds weird.But it's true because website navigation is a first when trying to find cheap prices.Becuase you won't get as frustrated :)

like i said before pricewatch only shows you "other" websites with cheaper prices.Of course it's not going to have all that stuff like new egg has.

Easier navigation is just for the lazy people who cry if they have to take the time to search for their product, it isn't the most difficult task to type in MOTHERBOARD or whatever, then select a brand, then select type, then choose from the list.

Well i'm not going argue.I got to go to sleep.

The Gaming system-

ASUS A7N8X NFORCE2 DDR AGP8X USB2.0 ATA133 W/ SOUND & LAN $168
AMD XP2600+ 2.13GHZ RETAIL BOX w/ FAN $140
MSI GF4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128MB DDR 8xAGP W/TV OUT / VIVO $189
80GIG (7200) Maxtor $111
256DDR 333 $48
18" ATX Case $49
Sony 52X CD-ROM $34
Panisonic Floppy Drive $14
Logitech optical wheel mouse $15

TOTAL======================$768 CAND

Well that my gaming rig im planning to build ;) Its as good as i can get it.....IN my price range

What is with you guys?

Who's the moron that started this string, chose a $4000 monitor, then whined that his top of the line system with everything cost over $7000?

I own three Alienware computers, and I'm waiting on my fourth. And omlette owns you idiots on this string that haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Of the three Alienwares I have now, I paid no more than $2300 for any of them, and that's including Klipsch 4.1's and 19" Viewsonic monitor.

Here's the system I just ordered.

Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Onsite Service
Case: Alienware Full-Tower Case (420-Watt PS) - Space Black
Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Astral Blue
Cable Management: Alienware Cable Management System
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HyperThreading
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P Motherboard
Memory: 1GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 2 x 512MB Module
Hard Drive: 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA - RAID 0
Optical Drive One: 16x DVD-ROM - Black w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
Optical Drive Two: Plextor PlexWriter Premium 52x32x52x CD-RW - Black
3.5 Inch Storage: Alienware™ 6-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce™ FX 5900 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 w/Black Audigy 2 Drive
Network Card: Integrated Intel Pro/1000 CT Gigabit Ethernet Adapter w/CSA
Display One: NEC 22" MultiSync FE2111SB Flat CRT - Black
Keyboard: Microsoft Internet Keyboard - Space Black
Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - USB - Standard Color
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Special Offer!: Final Fantasy® XI Beta Kit
Free Alienware T-Shirt: Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black
Bonus Subscription: Bonus 12-Month Subscription to Computer Games Magazine!

and it came to $3491 before mail in rebates with a $569 monitor.

For those of you that want to overclock, and Alienware uses full versions of the motherboards they offer, (All of my existing systems are overclockable) you can kick it back to:

Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Onsite Service
Case: Dragon Full-Tower Case (400-Watt PS) - Space Black
Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Astral Blue
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.8GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HyperThreading
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P Motherboard
Memory: 512MB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 2 x 256MB Module
Hard Drive: 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ATA-100 2MB Cache - Quantity 1
Optical Drive One: 16x DVD-ROM - Black w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
3.5 Inch Storage: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce™ FX 5900 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 - 6.1
Network Card: Integrated Intel Pro/1000 CT Gigabit Ethernet Adapter w/CSA
Keyboard: Microsoft Internet Keyboard - Space Black
Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - USB - Standard Color
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Special Offer!: Final Fantasy® XI Beta Kit
Free Alienware T-Shirt: Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black
Bonus Subscription: Bonus 12-Month Subscription to Computer Games Magazine!

SubTotal: $1,859.00-$200 existing cust. discount= $1659.00

You think you can beat that by $1000 you're nuts.

They offer a complete range of systems from full blown Intel systems, full blown AMD systems, and other levels of machines that can be configured to a price that will cost you no more than $200 more than you'd get from pricewatch for a pile of parts. Plus it arrives assembled and run in, and comes with a warranty, a $200 discount for life on new systems, shipping and labor free, all you pay is vendor cost on upgrades under warranty, and you get upgrade hardware for life at vendor cost.

They have the best support in the business, they use all full versions of top quality components, they beat Dell XPS by $800, Falcon by $1000, and in this instance they beat Voodoo by $2800.

There is nothing wrong with building your own computer, I've done it myself, but after all the shipping charges and waiting for all the parts, and the hassles dealing with separate vendors, assembling the system, loading and optimizing and updating the software and drivers and getting Windows cleaned up, the extra couple hundred dollars you pay at Alienware is a bargain.

In addition, Alienware consistently wins magazine comparisons, without overclocking due to their thorough testing procedures. They get ALL the hardware from ALL the manufacturers and test the crap out of it all before they choose the components, and the specific manufacturers they use in their systems. They can tell you which manufacturer of which cards work best with which motherboards as it's their business to know. They also get great deals with their volume that's much higher than the boutiques, and they pass the savings along to the consumer.

I had one video card burn up after six months on one machine. One two minute call, no "let's try this" crap, and three days later I had a new video card upgraded for free. In another system, I chose a Monster 400 sound card that I wasn't happy with, they sent me a SoundBlaster 5.1 for a straight swap though that card was more expensive.

They've taken care of me beautifully, and I have an awesome LAN in my home, and I can't wait for my new machine.

You guys want to build your own, good for you, but before you pop off making yourselves look like idiots why don't you go over to Alienware.com and check out the hardware and the pricing before letting us all know you're talking out of your butts.

And if you want to complain about their prices, go ahead and choose a $4000 monitor and then whine about your choice. You are not going to win an argument on Alienware's quality of build, or components with someone that actually owns one.

Before you build yourself another mediocre system guessing as to how the parts will work together, price out an Alienware and you might just be surprised how reasonably priced they actually are.

Unless you'd rather hang around here and bitch at people that are more than happy with their decision to go Alienware instead.

By the way, why don't you guys price out a system with a case, a 400W+ Power supply, a keyboard, mouse, Operating system...

All these $800 systems are real nice, but you can also get a stripped system from Aliewnare that won't cost nearly as much as the systems you are comparing to the incomplete pile of parts you guys are pricing here.

I also did one motherboard up upgrade myself, with a Gigabyte mobo, an XP1800+, 512 pc2100 memory, GF 3 Ti500, an 80 G hard drive XP Pro, all heatsinks and fans for under $1000. I could have saved less than $100 on parts at Pricewatch, but with the shipping it would have cost more.

I received everything in one box, one shipping charge, complete retail packaging with manuals, and it all went together easily, and due to Alieneware's testing procedures, the components all work together beautifully.

I did 3dMark2001SE on the system and got an 8214, that was the highest of the non-overclocked systems at the time at Madonion.

You can get an expensive rig if you buy all bleeding edge components, but you can also get an awesome rig for a bargain if you use their configurator to your advantage.

You won't beat their testing program, or their support and warranty building on your own.

You want to build your own, have fun, it's easy. Tab a into slot b. It's very impressive. If you want to have one built, you won't get a better system for less than at Alienware.

By the way, I build houses, I can buy all the components I need to build a $300,000 house for under $100,000. Does that mean you guys are all a bunch of idiots for buying a house at retail?

ok here's the deal
shut the fukc up about specs, it doesn't impress anyone, it just starts fight.

Oh, I see, you guys wanna whine, but when someone comes here with real specs and real numbers it's shut the fukc up.

That's very mature.

I guess boasting about general hardware and saying you can build a system for $1000 less is much more reliable.

You guys just spent ten pages bitching about nothing, here's your proof, here are the numbers.

You don't want to deal with the truth, why do you all spend so much effort bashing Alienware over complete BS and inuendo?

Enough. If you want to argue then fine do it in a civilised manner. Don't resort to offensive language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back