This may make people feel sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
you guys should **** the DDR and go with RD ram, well worth it

DDR is superior to RDRAM.

- omlette

Alienware vs. Home Built

Actually a Alienware computer isn't really a bad choice anymore, I made this document at the end of May and it lists parts for a pretty good computer system. I believe it was the best you could get at the time I made the document. Falcon Northwest is actually the most expensive computer you can buy with the exact same specs. I've attached the zip file of a RTF (Rich Text Format) anyone with Windows should be able to view this. I had pictures orginially but had to cut them out so I could upload the document. It lists the price of each part, the total including shipping and also the prices of other systems. You CAN save money if you look for your parts and buy smart, but an Alienware computer is not the rip off it used to be a few years back.

I was just figuring out how big a monitor I'd like. Perfect (for me) would be about 27", but wide format maybe. Oh well. If I ever get 3 grand out of the sky, maybe I'll find something like that. The 600 I just spent on my current (CRT) monitor was painful enough...

-Phision

csmighty- "In conclusion, for all you gamers out there...wait to buy your new computer!!!! "

Well i will say i did buy a Alienware computer a year ago. It was very a cool comp and yes, very expensive. They had Great customer service, you call them with a problem and blam! they fixed it.

But i must say I would never buy one again " even though the new cases rock! " The reason is when you make them yourself you save tons of cash and the computer is just as good or even better. You will have a HUGE advantage when something breaks or goes wrong, because you built it yourself. I have built around 7 computers now and I will never buy a computer named brand again. Plus its so easy to upgrade your comp for the future.

God, Omlette brings his alien crap over here from Gfaqs. He just cant face it that he could have bought the same pc for around 1200$ I'd say. With better components. What brand of ram is in there omlette? What kind of mobo is in there? I bet it doesnt let you OC does it? Yeah I bet you cant answer either of the questions except for the last one.

btw, I've seen better cases. nice pics tho yo.

another btw, I still hate you omlette. You got me banned ass.

alienware has all name brand mobos and ram its top of the line parts i own one i only payed 2,500 but i got a amd xp 2000+,asus nforce 2 board, 1 gig ddr sdram pc 2100, ati radeon 9700 pro, klispch 5.1 500 watt speakers, sb audigy plat, 18" viewsonic lcd monitor , dlink wireless router 802.11a it ****ing owns

Would you like the specs of my PC?

AMD Athlon 2500+ WinXP
GeForce4 128mb Ti4200
SB Audigy2 platinum
Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers with additional 22' woofer
2.1gb DDRam
DVD, CD-RW, CD-R, DVD-RW
Westell Wirespeed 2.5mbs DSL
SpeedStream wireless router

Total cost: $890 USD
How?: Frys electronics grand opening 75% off everything sale.

Originally posted by AnAtOmEE
God, Omlette brings his alien crap over here from Gfaqs. He just cant face it that he could have bought the same pc for around 1200$ I'd say. With better components. What brand of ram is in there omlette? What kind of mobo is in there? I bet it doesnt let you OC does it? Yeah I bet you cant answer either of the questions except for the last one.

btw, I've seen better cases. nice pics tho yo.

another btw, I still hate you omlette. You got me banned ass.

You got yourself banned. It was quite funny, too.
Cheers :devil:

(PS: Alienware! Woo :bounce: )

Wow omlette you got such a great alienware computer.I'm impressed so much that I want to become your friend now!WOW

[sarcasm]

There really is no need to buy an alienware computer.Whats the point when you can buy one thats $1,000 dollars cheaper and is just as good.Also who needs a 30" monitor?Thats just to big to look at especially while playing FPS.Only thing I consider a 30" montior good for is if you mostly do work in photoshop or do some type of graphics desgin.So be smart and go check out reviews and go to computer stores to check prices.Please don't buy into the hype just because some alienware commercial says "We have the best gaming machine" or somewhere along those lines.

Originally posted by omlette
You got yourself banned. It was quite funny, too.
Cheers :devil:

(PS: Alienware! Woo :bounce: )

I agree it was funny, cuz it was fun making fun of you. :thumbs:

Originally posted by Tr0n
Wow omlette you got such a great alienware computer.I'm impressed so much that I want to become your friend now!WOW

[sarcasm]

There really is no need to buy an alienware computer.Whats the point when you can buy one thats $1,000 dollars cheaper and is just as good.Also who needs a 30" monitor?Thats just to big to look at especially while playing FPS.Only thing I consider a 30" montior good for is if you mostly do work in photoshop or do some type of graphics desgin.So be smart and go check out reviews and go to computer stores to check prices.Please don't buy into the hype just because some alienware commercial says "We have the best gaming machine" or somewhere along those lines.

Have you used an Alienware? Met the people who run the company? Thought so. Don't complain when you haven't even tried it. They offer so many advantages I don't know where to start. And it isn't 1,000$ overpriced - that argument is just a common way for anti-Alienware fanboys to escape from the fact it's a damn good rig.

[sarcasm]

Yeah, I watch TV 10ft away from the set. I dont want to play games 10ft away from the monitor:bounce:

AnAtOmEE is right alienwares intel mobos won't let your overclock because well there Intel's motherboard.Intel has some of the bios setting locked to where you can't change the multipliers or anything.

Have you used an Alienware? Met the people who run the company? Thought so. Don't complain when you haven't even tried it. They offer so many advantages I don't know where to start. And it isn't 1,000$ overpriced - that argument is just a common way for anti-Alienware fanboys to escape from the fact it's a damn good rig.

Meh, I didnt think you would answer my questions. Or maybe it's could.

Ok for one thing tell where i can meet people from alienware and i will meet with them.Another yes i have used one at bestbuy.They have them on display near the desktop and games area.And no that $1,000 dollar argument is the truth that you don't want to admit.

another thing i'm not an anti-alienware fanboy or anything like that.I just jsut telling the truth on this subject.

Ok for one thing tell where i can meet people from alienware and i will meet with them.Another yes i have used one at bestbuy.They have them on display near the desktop and games area.And no that $1,000 dollar argument is the truth that you don't want to admit.

Miami, FL

They AREN'T 1000$ overpriced, check out the attachment someone posted a page or two back.

AnAtOmEE is right alienwares intel mobos won't let your overclock because well there Intel's motherboard.Intel has some of the bios setting locked to where you can't change the multipliers or anything.

:thumbs:

Just think Omlette if you would have had an Abit IC7, or Asus P4P800.
My buddy DeadPlasmaMachine, another who was warnin you on AIM, OC'ed his 2.4c to 3ghz with a STOCK hsf. He's got the benches to prove it too. I bet his pc spanks yours. He's also got a 9800pro 256mb.

:thumbs:

Just think Omlette if you would have had an Abit IC7, or Asus P4P800.
My buddy DeadPlasmaMachine, another who was warnin you on AIM, OC'ed his 2.4c to 3ghz with a STOCK hsf. He's got the benches to prove it too. I bet his pc spanks yours. He's also got a 9800pro 256mb.

Warning me on AIM? WHOAMG I SURRENDER. Because we all know that the way to anger someone is increasing a number.

I could overclock if I damn well pleased - but I don't. Overclocking shouldn't exist - if you want a faster processor, buy one.

He's also got a 9800pro 256mb.

Good ****ing job, so do I.
radeon.jpg

Miami, FL

They AREN'T 1000$ overpriced, check out the attachment someone posted a page or two back.

Yeah On a sunday back in may I believe someone posted a 2.4c from aware for around 1400$ at Gfaqs. Good deal for an aware. I then tried to build one for my friend that monday when the 3.2c's were released on alienware and other outlets, and prices shot up.

Go build that PC in the zip file now. I bet you cant get it for less than 2500$.

wrong again you may overclock but you would have to buy another system.Let tell you this again in caps YOUR ALIENWARE COMPUTER WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO OVERCLOCK YOUR SYSTEM!

Another thing whats the point of waist an extra $200 dollars to upgrade your cpu to an extra 200 to 500 mhz when you can overclock your cpu and get up to 500mhz for free.

Warning me on AIM? WHOAMG I SURRENDER. Because we all know that the way to anger someone is increasing a number.

I could overclock if I damn well pleased - but I don't. Overclocking shouldn't exist - if you want a faster processor, buy one.

He's also got a 9800pro 256mb.

Good ****ing job, so do I.
radeon.jpg

Aim warning, childish. yes. Kinda fun. yes.

No you couldnt oc if you damn well pleased. If Intel damn well pleased you could then. Jackass.

OCing shouldnt exist? Your officially a narc and an idiot now. Just cuz you cant doesnt mean others shouldnt be allowed shit for brains.

Yeah On a sunday back in may I believe someone posted a 2.4c from aware for around 1400$ at Gfaqs. Good deal for an aware. I then tried to build one for my friend that monday when the 3.2c's were released on alienware and other outlets, and prices shot up.

Go build that PC in the zip file now. I bet you cant get it for less than 2500$.

$2,374
Before $85.00 instant rebate, free shipping.

I think he's one of those rich guys who believe that something cost more that it is better.Heres a lesson in life when you get out in the real world you will understand that sometimes you can't buy everything and if something cost so much that it means it better than the other products?No. Like i said in post before check reviews and prices before you buy or else your just waisting money.

I think he's one of those rich guys who believe that something cost more that it is better.Heres a lesson in life when you get out in the real world you will understand that sometimes you can't buy everything and if something cost so much that it means it better than the other products?No. Like i said in post before check reviews and prices before you buy or else your just waisting money.

wasting*

Here's a lesson in arguments:
I CONTINUE TO NOT CARE

yeah_d55.jpg

Wow some guy flipping me off.You broke my heart.I'm gonig to cry now.

Wow he is cyber beating me up with his little pictures plz no more.I beg you!!!!

P4 2.4Ghz
GF4 Ti 128MB vid card
512MB DDR RAM
80gig 7200rpm HD
CDRW (dont feel like finding the specs)
DVD (see above)
onboard sound card
17" Samsung Monitor
other random things that I don't bother remembering

I see a lot of computers very similar to mine nowadays for about half the price. Do I regret buying it back then? Not a chance. I would gladly pay that much extra for the six months of enjoyment I've gotten out of it so far.

Not even half the price now Massif. My girlfriend got nearly the exact same computer and monitor (except with a slightly faster processor, twice the RAM and an equivalent ATI card) for only $1,300 Canadian 3 months ago. The secret is to get it custom built at a small shop as she did, or shop around for the components and build it yourself. You get exactly what you want and you don't pay twice as much for a meaningless name on the box.

Thank God she bought it - my comp can't handle HL2 and I can't afford a new one until I finish grad school (I built myself a fully loaded P3 550 over 3 years ago for $800 CAD - a very respectable price at the time). Hmmm, HL2 or food and a roof over my head?

There are bound to be numerous sleepless nights as I sneak out of bed to bask in the warm glow of the computer. "Not tonight honey, I'm really tired and you really need your rest." :)

Remember tellin plasmamachine your a TROLL Omlette? I believe it.

Ok omlette if your trying to be funny with your little pictures that still doesn't prove your agrument about alienware computers.All that is, is a sign that tells me that I have proved you wrong about Alienware computers.

So keep trolling with your pictures of some fag flipping the birdy.

Ok omlette if your trying to be funny with your little pictures that still doesn't prove your agrument about alienware computers.All that is, is a sign that tells me that I have proved you wrong about Alienware computers.

I posted a price lower than what he said I could accomplish, in addition to being backed up by an attachment which proves Alienware isn't *that* overpriced. I have nothing else to argue about because I dominated.

OMG OMLEUT U BIG MEENIE

and me.

Actually you got bitch slapped omlette.You did not "dominate".Yes you helped Anatomee.

Actually you got bitch slapped omlette.You did not "dominate".Yes you helped Anatomee.

How exactly did I get 'bitch slapped'. I guess if you mean "proved every one of our points wrong in addition to being suave", then yes, I got 'bitch slapped'.

bitch%20slapped.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back