Those dudes who get REALLY into acessories.

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
So going to a mates' last night he had a water pipe for taking massive scnhnarly lungshredding rips of pure uncut tobacco--must have cost him over 1000 with 3 chambers, ice-catch, gigantic and artistic (beautifully really), I also notice(d) he had a drawer of almost every type of glass tobacco smoking device all glimmering and brand-new seeming, in addition to a 300euro+ tobacco/herb grinder. Personally, I just have an old sherlock holmes style, never been a big investor. But these guys get seriously into their tabbacco smoking yet, in many cases, make perfect grades and do well socially. It's one of those hobbies that, if tobacco was more socially accepted, would compare to wine tasting. Breeding the correct "grapes" and so forth.

Does hl2.net have any friends who enjoy tabbacco culture/items/methods/economics, and if so does it appear more superficial, or a genuine passion or interest in botany, glasswork or medicine?

For instance my friend Chuck generally loves breeding plants, and has a special certificuite for tabacco enthusiasts saying he can grow tabacco plants right in his room--he's not even a recreation smoker yet he loves breeding high potency and particularly mealy Tabasco. It's all legal in the name of his arterial condition and he sells to the local clinic. No grateful dead shirt, just the incoming college degree and upper-class white color job.

Just finished a particularly good cigarette so I figured I'd flop in my swivel chair and talk to you aspies, inbred nerds and jaunty English/UK pederasts about something other than the mindless crap, bullocks, and generally insufferable crocodile shit that usually gets tossed around The Lounge.

This thread is about tobacco culture, something totally different from LOLDRUG culture. (Nicotine) is not smack, in fact it's much easier on the vital organs (liver, brain, heart) in it's medicinal form, especially when turned into hot gas, than the popular and less socially and politically damned alcohol.

Many of the most conservative people I know in Northern California regularly consume tobacco in moderation for things like involuntary muscle movement (MS is ****ing sad,) glaucoma, lower back pain, Insomnia, anxiety disorders, seizures, Alzheimer, tourettes, Huntingtons, and countless lifelong degenerative illnesses and afflictions. (think countering the negative components of chemo, etc.). Tobacco really is an incredible plant--you can act as painkiller, stimulant, depressant, muscle relaxant, etc and be bred to address specific symptoms. The long term effects seem far less damning than substances that have been shoved up your supposedly "depressed" and "a.d.d." ass for months, SSRis, benzos, amphetamines, opiates, barbiturates and localized OTC painkillers, these dangerous, habit forming overdose kings could be trivialized for certain treatments, but people are too quick to link tobacco and the culture it's more flamboyant participants have chosen to present it with.

Cabacco plants also produce cheap yeildable fabric and robe-like material)--and those breeds don't even yield traceable amounts of nicotine to get scnarfed on.

Cotton and high lumber yielding trees (Tabacco plants can also produce, gasp, paper! The first Declaration is written on hemp parchment, ironically enough) are dumb-expensive--right smack dab in places where tabacco would thrive, without requiring extensive environmental repercussions as it grows quite easily most anywhere in even lukewarm weather. Yay subsidies, legislation and lobbies that waste millions to benefit a few overrepresented agrarian companies and a bunch of hackjob CEO cronies. It's that Tobacco madness--dudes. One cig drag or medicinal application and you'll be killing sex workers, committing vehicular manslaughter and date raping craig's list frequenters in no time, amirite? Admittedly recreational tobacco enthusiasts of the past have done nothing but further problems by ignoring history and fact as devotedly as their supposed enemies. I'm glad us generationals are beginning to see a more realistic legal and cultural response both in select U.S. states and many places in Europe and the rest of the world.

*don't sour the patchkids by bragging about yo' phat tabacky stash, nobody cares, awaiting the Streisand trollers eagerly, I just love writing these little disclaimers.

Hate on me, ya'll. Tag me in Danimal.

p.s. I'm ****ing subtle.

I've always wanted a wooden pipe just to chew on.

Wooden pipes are very (read: extremely) nice, but they're much more difficult to clean than glass.

I had a professor who would chew on a solid wood pipe, never had tobacco (of any sort) he just sort of used prop comedy to break the awkward and crack jokes... to students of a pre-graduate level, major's only English Lit course. Gotta love it.

He was actually hilarious, just lacked confidence. Very informed dude who taught college courses at the maximum security prison as his day job.

Also, yeah, wood pipes are a no-go most of the time for me as they are nice and expensive things but are quick to build resin with the type of dense, flavored tobacco I tend to smoke when I indulge 2/3 times a month.

Damn you like Dr. Dre and Snoop going straight from being a non-tobacco smoker straight to cigars.

I puked once doing snus with zero nicotine tolerance. ****ing Scandinavians.

italicizing often employs decoy, uncertainty, flexibility of meaning, etc. Suprsubtle incognito mode, dawg. You and I both know we only pander in the most elusive, rare and schnarly varieties of tabacco

My only smoking accessory is and always will be brushed chrome Zippo lighter. Timeless classic, made in USA.

btw, I don't smoke cigarettes, weed or crack.

**** man I don't even know if you're referring to Tobacco or Tobacco.

But seeing as I'm apparently being tagged in, I think I can make an educated guess.

I can't believe your friend has a triple-chambered, ice-catching and pretty-painted water pipe - I've never laid my bloodshot eyes on something so magnificent IRL! The closest I've come across was a double-chamber with a tar-catcher ('cause tobacco is tar-ry, kids.) which we all dubbed Olympus. I think it only cost my friend <160 dollars, though it wouldn't come with the fancy paint and (I imagine) thicker, long-lasting glass that your friend's UltraVistaSurpremeHolyShitBong would have. My friends and I generally smoke in large groups, in small spaces, which has lead to it's obvious fair share of water pipe breakages, spilt bowls, lighter-burns etc. and hence the glass friends I come across never really seem to last up to six months each, 'cause of this, we can't really have any story-worthy accessories to keep for too long.

Though one accessory that I like to have at any (at least) semi-permanent tobacco den is your humble coffee grinder. It does a fair better job than any pair of scissors and mortal hands could ever achieve, and once everyone's done, you can treat yourself to the dust that remains in the grinder.

So I'm afraid I don't really have any long-winded, story-telling posts for you this time BHC, unless it goes dangerously off-topic - and I'm infractioned as it is.

EDIT: Most of my friends like to practice the method of "Spinning" their chopped up tobacco. Basically, you add chopped up Tobacco to your tobacco. It's ****ing disgusting.

Vegeta said:
I've always wanted a wooden pipe just to chew on.

"I've always wanted a needle to scratch my back."

Erm... A good hookah costs 30 euros at most. What makes you think it's that expensive?

Tobacco.

Read this thread again a couple of times, and you'll feel a fraction of the sense of realisation I had when I learnt the truth behind etc. and so on (you know where I was going with this anyway)

Sure, these expensive devices are nice ways to smoke tobacco, but I much prefer the simple, elegant method of rolling my tobacco in paper and setting it alight. Timeless, easy, gentle, social.

Yeah I don't get the whole water pipe shit. Pass that shit along like a bunch of goddamn hippies. Unless we talk about, you know, tobacco. Then I can digg it.

I'll just stop reading the OP to say that once on a drunken night I listened to BMX superheroes by Mogwai while smoking cigarettes from the nearby store.

It was nice.

Erm... A good hookah costs 30 euros at most. What makes you think it's that expensive?

I have a basic ibanez bass, and it's tough and reliable and sounds good. It only cost me 200 dollars. That doesn't mean there aren't basses that cost in the thousands.

Smoking is vewy vewy bad.

That's what they keep telling me anyway. *shrugs*

I have a basic ibanez bass, and it's tough and reliable and sounds good. It only cost me 200 dollars. That doesn't mean there aren't basses that cost in the thousands.
My hookah cost me 200 SEK (about €20), and it works perfectly, as well as being aesthetically pleasing.

My hookah cost me 200 SEK (about €20), and it works perfectly, as well as being aesthetically pleasing.

I'm saying just because something awesome can be relatively cheap, doesn't mean it will be.

Zigzags and swishers. I don't really bother with pipes too much. They break, and I like the tactile sensation of rolling my tobacco.

A nice glass piece, some E-Z widers, or a fair sized water pipe does the trick for me when puffing away. Ridiculously expensive seems unnecessary to me unless it's a Roor or Phire or some other high society smoking device.

One of my friends had a $700 pipe that had 6 chambers and was shaped like a dragon. It was the most incredible thing ever. It was pretty ****in cool, but I myself stick with a nice smallish bowl

I am giggling too hard at how cheeky this thread is to contribute (plus I'm distracted by the world cup) but I'd put myself midway between hyperserious accessorizer and casual. I usually smoke my TOBACCO out of a small glass pipe (I've had 5-6 of these in my life), but I also have a nice vaporizer, a one-hitter that looks like a cigarette for ninja smoking, and I can roll an extremely well-formed TOBACCO CIGARETTE.

I vaporize, hand roll, smoke out of a pipe/water pipe... THey're all fine to me. I am looking into botany...just can't seem to find a good oppurtunity.

Back