Tom Hardy cast in Batman 3

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/13/tom-hardy-cast-in-batman-3/

Briefly: We’ve got very few details right now, but Deadline is reporting that Tom Hardy (Inception, Bronson, the hopefully forthcoming Mad Max films) has been cast by Christopher Nolan in the third Batman film. There are no details on the role, or whether it is a villain or other part. This is magnificent news, and not at all surprising. Mr. Hardy was great in Inception – but then, he’s one of the best of the new crop of potential leading men. Let’s hope he’s a villain in this picture, as his turn in Bronson suggests he would devour the role like a steak.

Hope he's not Batman

whoa whoa whoa wait a second

forthcoming mad max films? what the ****? what's this all about?

(no idea who tom hardy is/i am possibly the only person in the world not to have seen inception this summer)

Never heard of him before inception either. He appeard out of nowhere, just like that actor from District 9.

Any news on who the villains will be this time?

Yeah, he's supposed to be the new Mad Max. I believe it is an actual sequel, not a reboot. Could be wrong though. Even though he's definitely got the young Max look, I'd prefer to see old asshole Mel return as a crazy elderly Max.

edit: to knut

Great casting choice! His performance in Bronson was pretty damn good. I wonder who he will play though. We still don't know who the villain(s) will be in the next movie.

The new Mad Max movie has been delayed, by the way.

(no idea who tom hardy is/i am possibly the only person in the world not to have seen inception this summer)

I'm in that boat too.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's the new DA. He just has that look to him (at least in that picture) and they need someone to replace Dent / Dawes and go after the Batman.

I was re-watching Band of Brothers recently and noticed him in the crowd of faces that was that show. Loved his work in RocknRolla and Inception, would rather see another Mad Max then more Batman tbh...

I don't like any movie that has Bale, so I hope this guy replaces him in Batman 3.

The only time I noticed Bale's accent sucking was in The Prestige. I consider him a pretty solid actor - especially in roles such as The Machinist.

Tom Hardy was wonderful as Heathcliffe in the Wuthering Heights remake!

More people need to see Bronson, that movie is one of a kind. Damn good soundtrack too.

More people need to see Bronson, that movie is one of a kind. Damn good soundtrack too.

I just saw the trailer, and I remember the trailer from a year ago or so and that seems like a really good flick. gunna add it to my Netflix queue

lol what?? is it because he arrogant IRL?? you dislike his accent?? i'm lost

I don't care about his personal life, or his opinions. He ruined the Terminator Salvation. I don't want to see his face in any movie again.

I don't care about his personal life, or his opinions. He ruined the Terminator Salvation. I don't want to see his face in any movie again.

If anybody ruined Terminator Salvation, it's that douchebag director. That talentless hack, McG, should not be directing any movies whatsoever.

I don't like any movie that has Bale, so I hope this guy replaces him in Batman 3.

You didn't like the Dark Knight then? Hmm.

Tom Hardy had a big role as the, uh, nemesis in Star Trek Nemesis. Dunno what his role is gonna be in the next Batman film, but I've got my fingers crossed for Mr Freeze.

That was him in Star Trek Nemesis?! I didn't even know who that bugger was,

Are you joking right now? That entire movie was a goddamn trainwreck.

There was nothing wrong with the lead actors in Terminator 4. It was the script and director, both terrible...

Are you joking right now? That entire movie was a goddamn trainwreck.

True, but Bale as John Connor was the most terrible part. His performance was laughable. He wasn't even trying.

You didn't like the Dark Knight then? Hmm.

Well, I like Dark Knight (good popcorn film) and many other movies that has Bale, but I don't want to see him in any movie anymore.

I don't get why anyone gives a shit about this. "Some guy you've seen once casted in Batman 3." Are people so starved for Batman news?

Hardy is a great actor - I think most of us saw this coming. Nolan and his wife were very complimentary about his performance on the set of Inception so it's natural for them to want to cast him in a (hopefully) larger role. However, I'm much more excited about the recent rumour that Killer Croc is the potential new villain for Batman 3. I don't know how that would factor into the Nolanverse or the proposed conclusion to the story, but it's so refreshing to hear a villain rumour that isn't The Riddler/Levitt.

Well, I like Dark Knight (good popcorn film) and many other movies that has Bale, but I don't want to see him in any movie anymore.

Sure that makes sense.

I don't get why anyone gives a shit about this. "Some guy you've seen once casted in Batman 3." Are people so starved for Batman news?

1. A few of us have seen him outside of Inception

2. He's a good actor and will likely play a lead role - it gives people a frame of reference for how the movie is developing and where it might be going

3. Try working the obvious out for yourself

I'm much more excited about the recent rumour that Killer Croc is the potential new villain for Batman 3. I don't know how that would factor into the Nolanverse
Harlequin baby.

Calling it.

Edit: Not to be confused with... yeah I don't even need to make that joke.

I just saw the trailer, and I remember the trailer from a year ago or so and that seems like a really good flick. gunna add it to my Netflix queue
They have it streaming, that's how I saw it.

Pretty sure Terminator Salvation was doomed before Christian Bale signed on for it

I don't really like Bale either. In the Machinist he was good, but in pretty much every other movie I felt he was one of the weaker parts. Especially the Batman movies.

sweet i liked him in inception.

Cant believe he was in star trek nemesis :LOL:

Bale was good in Harsh Times as well. Never really hear that mentioned, guess it wasn't too big (straight to DVD maybe?).

He's pretty cool, have to wait & see how he does.
I hope Nolan will also cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt from Inception too, I absolutely loved Arthur.
arthurz.png

He's pretty cool, have to wait & see how he does.
I hope Nolan will also cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt from Inception too, I absolutely loved Arthur.
arthurz.png

As anything but The Riddler. That he's been thrown around so casually in relation to the role is proof enough that he should not be cast. It would be as devastating as casting Depp in the role. "Oh, he's so 'out there' and weird - he'd totally pull it off!" Yeah, because that's just what we want. An actor breezing the role. Compelling viewing, to be sure. It would have been just as mundane to cast Crispin Glover, Robin Williams or Adrien Brody as The Joker in TDK - truly these are uninspired casting decisions.

It's as though the casting of Ledger escaped the notice of studio execs and fans alike in the wake of its release.

omgomg Gordon-Levitt should be Robin!1

Back