Top Gear USA?....blaarghh

You cant clone the stig, they wont have a version of him, they'll just have some hick who likes to go fast and doesn't know what a corner is. :(

Top Gear US...anyone actually watched it?

They're going cross-country offroading. What the hell?

haha forgot about this thread. It's actually not bad. People can't really expect it to be like TG UK. Also, watch the very first episodes of TGUK when it re-aired back in 02 and tell compare it to what it is now. The hosts need to develop a chemistry which might take a couple of seasons. Also they need to get used to being on TV and interacting with eachother live on stage.

Basically I think they need to get rid of Adam Ferrara, I think he brings nothing to the table. Tanner can actually drive and says some pretty funny lines from time to time and Wood is a fat guy with glasses with a high pitched voice which brings some character and dorky-ness to the mix. Ferrara just doesn't have anything I'd say. Should've brought Jay Leno like previously rumored.

I agree leno would be perfect but I think it might be career suicide from a PR perspective after the whole stealing the show back from conan only to drop it and go do a car show. Unless he could do both but I don't see that happening.

This show could actually be cool if they did it right but after glancing over the pics on the first page I don't have high hopes.

The show needs Tim Allen. I have to admit, something with Allen-Leno-Faust would be pretty awesome.

The only episode of this that I have watched was a complete copy of a UKTG episode where they compared classic UK cars. the American version applied this premise to classic American cars which could have been cool, but they then preceded to copy every challenge that the UK version did. After watching this episode the American version in my eyes is the younger sister of the UK version. She tries to copy what her older sister does but ends up annoying everybody and looking like a slut.

The only episode of this that I have watched was a complete copy of a UKTG episode where they compared classic UK cars. the American version applied this premise to classic American cars which could have been cool, but they then preceded to copy every challenge that the UK version did. After watching this episode the American version in my eyes is the younger sister of the UK version. She tries to copy what her older sister does but ends up annoying everybody and looking like a slut.

haha it's true but at least we get to see some good old american cars. It's not like TGUK doesn't redo the same sort of challenges. In fact I think TGUK is being overly wacky now-a-days. It's starting to get way too dumb and trying way too hard to be funny/wild. I prefer the subtle humor they used to do and the really cool ideas they had like the Cool Wall. Also the Generation game where they race older vs newer versions of cars. They can do something like that but make it more than just a simple 5 sec drag race.

The show needs Tim Allen. I have to admit, something with Allen-Leno-Faust would be pretty awesome.

Faust is such a dick though...he can't go 5 minutes without saying "I'm a rally driver"

Jay Leno, Tim Allen and Adam Corolla...

I thought it was okay. Not too entertaining though.

Not too fussed on it TBH. I like the British one but the guys hosting this version seem quite out of place or something, it's probably because they're just getting started and need to find their rhythm but it wasn't for me.

Top-Gear-USA-First-Picture.jpg

The name isn't the only thing they're copying.

From left to right; James May, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond

Back