Toupees

baxter

Reaction score
Toupees a good thing or a bad thing?

I see a guy about town who wears a toupee, it looks silly and most people giggle at it.

So come the time, when your hair is thinning would you go for it, and wear a wig?

Or would you grow old gracefully?

I would never wear a toupee.

I would, however, consider getting a hair transplant. The only real drawback to that situation is getting the donor follecules from the back of the head, something that will not be nessisary in the future.

The best option at this point is Propecia. It will not grow your hair back, but it will allow you to keep the hair you have, so if you catch it early it really is a miracle drug.

Well i don't have to give a damn what i look like so there is no requirment for me to wear one.

I'd only wear one to disguise my identity.

I think guys who are bald, look much, much better then someone with fake hair.

shadow6899 said:
nah i'd probably just shave the rest of my hair off if it was getting that bad. But knowing my family i shouldn't have to worry about it.

It's not actually inherited, I think.

But anyway, I'd shave mine off as well.

I'm hairy, I'll just get some arse hair to even it out.

gh0st said:
I'm hairy, I'll just get some arse hair to even it out.

An actual asshat, quite interesting.

I don't see much with being bald shaved head or just going bald except it does look pretty bad some times, although toupees are just horrible looking.

Never gonna wear a toupee. If I go bald, I go bald. I'd prefer not to, but whatever..just one less thing to worry about every day. Hopefully though, it is inherited because nobody in my family is bald.

I love bald women...cmon whoses with me guys? A good shine in the morning, thats the life... :rolleyes:

Well, wigs are dumb unless they are Maury's wigs, they never come off at the wrong time!

**goodfellas refference**

Hectic Glenn said:
I love bald women...cmon whoses with me guys? A good shine in the morning, thats the life... :rolleyes:

Why do only men go bald??
Is it something to do with the hormones?
I want my sexual equality damnit! Baldness for women!

SimonomiS said:
Why do only men go bald??
Is it something to do with the hormones?
I want my sexual equality damnit! Baldness for women!

Women can go bald too, but not very easily.
Its a recessive sex-linked trait I believe. Since its only found on the x chromosome, women need one from their father and one from their mother to be homozygous recessive. Men on the other hand only need one from their mother and they will go bald.
or something like that, maybe its y-linked, i dont know haha.

Women do go bald, its just uncommon.

Secondly the reason why its mostly men is because we work more years and women stress us out more than we stress them out, so we lose our hair. Its like that joke. Why do men die before women?

They want to

I've seen a couple of bald women. It makes me laugh when I see one, but only because I'm an ass :(

A syrup? Never!
When the time comes I will just grow out one side and adopt a massive comb-over.

You know it makes sense.
And cheap to.

Although it's genetically unlikely that I'll go bald, I'd just let it go. I hate those ugly comb-overs, though. But I don't believe that I'll have to worry about it. My mother's father never went bald, my uncle (mother's side) is nowhere near bald. The only hairless-ness I have right now is lack of facial hair. I'll be 19 this August, and I've never had to seriously shave.

EC said:
But I don't believe that I'll have to worry about it. My mother's father never went bald, my uncle (mother's side) is nowhere near bald.
Baldness is not inherited soley from your mothers side.. it can come from either parent. Thats just an urban myth, though I wish it were true.

f|uke said:
Baldness is not inherited soley from your mothers side.. it can come from either parent. Thats just an urban myth, though I wish it were true.
Not if its sex-linked, which I believe it is. So yes, it can only come from your mothers side (unless your female). Men don't recieve an x chromosome from their father.

No one in my family has went bald, my grandpa is 80 and he has more hair than I do.

The baldness gene was cause for dread
But that's a fear that you can put to bed.
They'll shave your ass and glue it on your head
You've got a lot to see.

testorone has alot to do with it too
the higher the balder

all the baldies out there can sleep happily knowing that they are real men

I'm glad this is something I don't have to worry about :p

And wigs and combovers look awful.. if you start to go bald, shave it off.. like Ritz said, that looks far better than fake hair

SHIPPI said:
I'm glad this is something I don't have to worry about :p

And wigs and combovers look awful.. if you start to go bald, shave it off.. like Ritz said, that looks far better than fake hair

Women go bald too... as much as I hate to say it. :O

There's a Statistics teacher at my school who has a combover. Bad bad bad.

Back