toyota uses anime idol to advertise its cars....in america

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/#!5799226/toyotas-nerd-marketing-sure-is-awkward
I know people who like Miku Hatsune. Perhaps you do, too. If not, read this. But my mom and my dad, who are Toyota's target customers, have no ****ing clue who or what Miku Hatsune is.

That's okay, this campaign isn't for them. Toyota has regular, "normal" ads for them. Toyota's Miku commercial is incredibly niche, aimed at Americans who are interested in Japanese, which would be fine if the execution wasn't so bad. Everything feels forced and downright silly.

I smell bad times coming to toyota

but well atleast we know wich wil be vegeta's new car

That's exceedingly creepy. It works well though for Toyata's latest marketing strategy of scaring away customers so no one will know how shitty their cars are.

Oh, right, I forgot.

So I guess you're my biggest fan on the forum, you post about what I post all the time.

yeaaahhh it doesnt take a "biggest fan" to know how much you <3 the anime chicks veggie

i was about to say that wasn't very convincing voice acting for an american car commercial, but yeah, looks like it was uploaded by toyota's youtube account. something is telling me it's just a quickly translated commercial though.

Everytime anime comes up it must end in...

aeMvz.jpg

Big dreams move us. They inspire us to create. We sing songs about big dreams. We dream big dreams. And then we build big works of art.

WHO THE **** WAS PAID FOR THIS.

I think it's just another failed attempt at spreading culture. Or someshit like that.

Toyota Camry ftw.

I think it's just another failed attempt at spreading culture. Or someshit like that.

Toyota Camry ftw.

trying to make idols famous in the usa?

well they can start by making a lady gaga anime

Big dreams move us. They inspire us to create. We sing songs about big dreams. We dream big dreams. And then we build big works of art.

WHO THE **** WAS PAID FOR THIS.

I feel like the shitty dialog was intentional, to make it sound like a poorly translated anime. Or a well translated anime, I can never tell.

Dear God, that was stupid as hell.

Isn't Kotaku supposed to be a video gaming website?

I feel like the shitty dialog was intentional, to make it sound like a poorly translated anime. Or a well translated anime, I can never tell.

Honestly, it's bad even by engrish standards. It sounds like it was translated back and forth twice in babelfish.

Isn't Kotaku supposed to be a video gaming website?

Me: "Kotaku? Hmm, must have been Bashcraft."

*click*

"Yep."

So very predictable.

This....is incredibly stupid. Commercials were annoying enough in the first place, this just takes it to a whole new level of annoyance.

Back