Trackmania 2 coming September 14

Wow, that looks sexy as hell. Editor looks great too! Didn't even know this was in development, purchase for me!

God damn, I wonder how many takes it took just to get all the flawless runs for that first video.

God damn, I wonder how many takes it took just to get all the flawless runs for that first video.

I was thinking the same thing. The car gets so close to the wall at 1:22.

Definitely looks pretty. And it seems like there's a lot of intentional/controlled drifting... interesting for a TM game, that's usually what you want to avoid at all times.

$25 is a bit much for a preorder discount though...

Definitely looks pretty. And it seems like there's a lot of intentional/controlled drifting... interesting for a TM game, that's usually what you want to avoid at all times.

$25 is a bit much for a preorder discount though...

That's what you said about RO2 and we all know how that ended up.

Wow, the runs in the videos are very impressive and it generally looks pretty.

Maybe they built a track with lines on the road instead of barriers, had the driver drive on the track while trying to stay within those lines and then built the barriers around his run? :p

When you play a track 100 times in a row as per TM modus operandi, you tend to get that good.

When you play a track 100 times in a row as per TM modus operandi, you tend to get that good.

Yeah, TM is all about muscle memory. It tends to linger though. I downloaded a couple of my favorite tracks this afternoon and even though I hadn't played them for ages, it all came back quite quickly. Example:

OK, I totally missed the finish, but other than that it went quite well. Close enough. :)

Had so much fun with Nations Forever. This will be a discount pick.

I was considering getting this until discovering that it only comes with one environment and you have to buy the others as DLC.

Whoa, what? $25 gets you only one environment?

Whoa, what? $25 gets you only one environment?

Yeah, as far as I can tell it only comes with the Canyon environment. They're being released almost as separate games, the next one being Trackmania 2: Valley.

Hmmm, not liking the sound of that :/

Got a source?

It doesn't explicitly mention it on the official site: http://trackmania.ubi.com/trackmania-games/en-GB/trackmania2/trackmania2-canyon/index.aspx but it doesn't say anything about more than one environment anywhere, plus the game itself is called Canyon and there's a blank space for another Trackmania game.

I only found out while browsing the TM Forum. Apparently there are two more "Mania" series now, and Nadeo are planning to release one game a year for each series: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1030&start=0

Yeah, that is kind of worrying. I'll wait for reviews and see if the Canyon mode is worth $25 before I commit to anything. If the addons were like $5 each I might not mind, as long as it didn't eventually add up to more than a full-priced title.

I really need to pick this up. I ****ing love Trackmania.

Yeah trackmania is very much a memory game... whoever remembers the best in combination with the best dexterity gets the best times.... or even completes the map at all.

Those were some ****ing insane tracks in the first video though... I've seen some crazy ones online but they all seemed far more approachable than the ones in the first video.

I didn't realise it only had one environment. No way I'd pay for more.

I wish it had a free version like Nations.

Yeah, I think I'll wait and see if a free version comes along later, or at least until we know what's up with the other environments. There are so many damn games coming out at the moment that I'm really not wanting for more.

I went ahead and bought the game. I figured I played TMN for hundreds of hours and never paid Nadeo a dime, so it is only fair. I don't really care about having only one environment to be honest. You don't have any time to look at that anyway.

Back